Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Scoham said:

From what I have heard this is not far from the truth.
  • cs1986 said:

Scoham said:

What, that Rich Cawley has no idea?
    That he is not going and we are working on a deal.
  • cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:

Scoham said:

Who Karoly Por?
  • I wondered after the Jim Rodwell interview last Thursday that he knew who next seasons captain would be but obviously couldn’t say because he hadn’t signed yet. I suppose now by leaving first Dobbo can now earn a large signing on fee.
  • I wondered after the Jim Rodwell interview last Thursday that he knew who next seasons captain would be but obviously couldn’t say because he hadn’t signed yet. I suppose now by leaving first Dobbo can now earn a large signing on fee.
    Do people not realise that signing bonuses are a thing when renewing contracts? The signing on fee thing gets trotted out over and over
  • fenaddick said:
    I wondered after the Jim Rodwell interview last Thursday that he knew who next seasons captain would be but obviously couldn’t say because he hadn’t signed yet. I suppose now by leaving first Dobbo can now earn a large signing on fee.
    Do people not realise that signing bonuses are a thing when renewing contracts? The signing on fee thing gets trotted out over and over
    Yes.
  • "legally binding" :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I just say, legally, binding.

🤣
  • Dobbo waiting for offer from CAFC will give it till friday before considering other offers
    Thought he’d been waiting for the right offer from us for months already so why wait another three days?

I dont know
  • edited July 2
    I think George will go to a top club, chasing promotion this season, will be shocked if it’s us!
  • Will just point out that it makes sense from what the Hungarian guy on here said about Fehever (apologies cant seem to find his username), If Fehever have lost their big sponsor and are having their squad picked apart its entirely plausible that the owners have decided that the contract they offered Dobbo may not be in their best interest financially and also Dobbo doesnt want to go, common sense would be for both sides to mutually agree a termination.
  • It can be legally binding and still reneged on as happened.

He signed a contract, regretted it, came to a solution with the contract holder -  him becoming unemployed, they not spending anything - resulting in said contract being void and no repercussions.

After 120+ pages why is this still so fucking hard for people to understand.
    This is the best summary of the situation so far.

i once got a job, signed a contract and then found another job that I liked more and paid me slightly more 3 weeks before I was due to move. 

I contacted my new employer and told them I no longer wanted to honour the contract. 

They called me a massive prick and tore it up. 

I doubt it’s quite that simple with a football contract, but the principle is the same 
    Agree but the difference being (and apologies i dont know what you do for a profession,so making some assumptions) professional footballers are a commodity asset to a club so its unlikely they would let him go because he doesnt want to come unless there is benefit. I've done the same as you in my career and felt terrible after but was right decision. Now that company (in both are circumstances) could of forced us to comply with our contract or go to court but obviously they dont as -

1) the cost of a court case exceeds the value of finding someone else
    2) we would just turn up on day 1 and put in our notice

He signed a contract, regretted it, came to a solution with the contract holder -  him becoming unemployed, they not spending anything - resulting in said contract being void and no repercussions.

i once got a job, signed a contract and then found another job that I liked more and paid me slightly more 3 weeks before I was due to move. 

I contacted my new employer and told them I no longer wanted to honour the contract. 

I doubt it’s quite that simple with a football contract, but the principle is the same 
    It’s the same for any contract - it’s legally binding until all of the parties agree to dissolve it. 

Contracts for footballers are a bit different though. Indeed no other profession has such a tightly regulated system of "changing jobs", with transfer windows and limits to the number of employers you can have each year.

Thus contracts are extremely strong, as otherwise every player would just tell their club they want to rip their contract up, and go and play for the successful club down the road for twice the money. 

In this case it's possible that the Hungarian club may be happy for Dobson to not join them after all, but if say Mbappe decides in 2 weeks that he doesn't want to join Real Madrid after all, there's zero chance of him being able to terminate it.

Calm down fella. We know.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:

Scoham said:

Who Karoly Por?
    The hugarian Fabrizio Romano
  • Gribbo said:
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:

Scoham said:

Who Karoly Por?
    The Italian Jonathan Pearce
  • Gribbo said:
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:

Scoham said:

Who Karoly Por?
    What is the Hungarian phrase for “Here We Go”?
  • Gribbo said:
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:

Scoham said:

Who Karoly Por?
    What is the Hungarian phrase for “Here We Go”?
    #amitmondtamegmondtam 
  • This is absolutely egally blinding

I guess no-one wants to be in a position of legally enforcing someone to honour a work contract they are unhappy with. Especially in a profession like football where the difference in results from giving 100% effort to giving, say, 90% effort can be so marked. Better to cut your losses, and get someone else in who you can guarantee will give it their all.
  • Gribbo said:
    Swisdom said:
    Not to put a downer on things but I believe Leyton Orient were keen on Dobbo and their training ground is a stones throw from his gaff 
    and they are definitely heading in the right direction with seriously ambitious plans for the next decade

i wouldnt ignore them
    If he chose Orient over us, that really would be a new low
    Surely he wouldn't accept a lesser contract from Orient than the Charlton offers he declined?