Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Off_it said:
    Can I just say, legally, binding.

🤣
    Quite - that’s why it required the consent of both parties to terminate (if that is indeed what has happened in this utter debacle). 
  • Swisdom said:
    Not to put a downer on things but I believe Leyton Orient were keen on Dobbo and their training ground is a stones throw from his gaff 
    and they are definitely heading in the right direction with seriously ambitious plans for the next decade

i wouldnt ignore them
    Money talks. Orient surely aren't going to get near the wages that the top sides in this division could offer. 
  • Why would a player signing a 3 year contract be interested in a 10 year plan
  • Swisdom said:
    Not to put a downer on things but I believe Leyton Orient were keen on Dobbo and their training ground is a stones throw from his gaff 
    and they are definitely heading in the right direction with seriously ambitious plans for the next decade

i wouldnt ignore them
    So we can blame the Blackwall tunnel for missing out on Dobbo if he goes there? That will be a first.
  • RedRobin said:
    Genuinely don’t believe Dobbo is coming back, reckon he will have other offers.
    Certainly be interesting to see where he ends up, if not back with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• The contract of English midfielder George Dobson with Fehérvár FC will not take effect. Although an agreement was made in February, Dobson requested that the contract, which was to start on July 1, not be activated due to personal reasons. The club has accepted his request, so Dobson will not join the team. The club continues to work on strengthening the squad and will inform fans about any new player agreements through their official channels.

For more details, visit [Fehérvár FC's official announcement](https://fehervarfc.hu/en/news/nem-lep-eletbe-george-dobson-szerzodese).
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Offical, he is out

The whole thing was bloody weird from the start.
    Agreed. Had Tony Cottee to Selangor vibes. 
  • Whose getting the unicum in if dobbo signs? 
  • edited July 3
    Will be a big show of intent. We know Jones wants him from what he said last season. Wasn't it along the lines of he wouldn't be going if I was here earlier?
  • The saga continues...
  • He's probably got other options, but fingers crossed we can persuade him to stay/come back.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 3
    Will be a big show of intent. We know Jones wants him from what he said last season. Wasn't it along the lines of he wouldn't be going if I was here earlier?
    Show of intent?

It’s no more than the status quo / as we were. 

What counts more is the total ins and outs come the start of the season. 

Already appears we are starting pre season without the majority of the squad in place / new signings in. 
  • Big show of faith in Nathan Jones from the ownership to sign his return off and raises even more questions as to Andy Scott's suitability for the role considering Jones came in, signed a few players on frees to address gaping holes in the squad and now we've had to resign a club captain who should of never left in first place

• Offical, he is out

Germany World Cup Out Out - Imgflip
  • Will be a big show of intent. We know Jones wants him from what he said last season. Wasn't it along the lines of he wouldn't be going if I was here earlier?
    Show of intent?

It’s no more than the status quo / as we were. 

What counts more is the total ins and outs come the start of the season. 

Already appears we are starting pre season without the majority of the squad in place / new signings in. 
    You're going to have to explain that one to me? 
    Lets say George comes back, we sign Godden and a n other striker. 

We're then a couple of signings away from a decent squad. 4 away from having a go
  • God I hope George makes a decision soon, mostly for the sake of this thread 
  • Offical, he is out

Who and from what?