Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• If he does come back, we can't give him the captains armband. Not only because he gave that up when he decided to sign for another club, but more importantly we need a bigger character leading them out on the pitch.
    That might be part of his terms
  • At least Dobson will still have shirts from 2-3 seasons back to wear for his signing announcement. No need to go and grab one from the museum…
    We have a matchworn Dobbo shirt in the museum
  • It will be like a new signing … 
    He's good but he's no Terry Taylor.
  • Just hope he’s not signing for Millwall on Friday, would be the mother of all melt downs and bedwetting rolled into one on here!
  • Not so sure he's off to a Championship club or a league one rival. He wasn't exactly in great demand before, that's why he signed for the Hungarians.
    He's also been at bigger clubs before and wasn't anywhere near as happy or successful as he was with us. He's said that himself, along with the fact that his game seemed to go up a notch under Jones.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 4
    George Dobson (footballer, born 1997) - Wikipedia

Hmmmm....might want to update this George!  :D

#WotsAPreContract
  • Doubt he'll come back, but if he did on the right terms, I'd be happy. Get it done NJ.  B)
  • I'd be surprised if George goes elsewhere in truth, he is/was settled here, he dad follows the club up and down and the bloke who insulted him with the previous offers has been effectively demoted, oh and the manager and fans love you

seems somewhat risky to go elsewhere and start again even if a payrise can be on the cards
    Agree with everything you've said but money talks.

If we're offering (for example) 5k a week and he can get 8k a week somewhere else, then you're talking over 400k difference on a 3 year deal. That'd be more than enough to sway a lot of players.
  • Think he’ll end up at Wrexham, after having watched the show. Party said that he likes to go back to get a player that he missed out on. Wrexham made an approach for George this time last year.
    No brainer for lower league players. Instant celebrity here and in the US (relative to their anonymity now) and rubbing shoulders with A list Hollywood bods whilst playing in a successful club progressing at a rate of knots and probably for a decent wedge.

Can see why Mullin went there (who comes across as a class act on and off the pitch in the show). 

• Ok so Dobbo has had a holiday romance that was more of a fumble on the dance floor following too many shandies, and now realised she wasn't all that.

It's not like she was wearing blue with a lion tattoo on her forearm!

Come back George, no money can make you feel as warm as the North stand in full (half-full) voice singing your name. We might not be sexy but you know what you are getting when you get home. 😉

Oh come on now...North Stand!!...it's THE COVERED END...🤦‍♂️
    Only the lower tier is…
  • edited July 4
    Just hope he’s not signing for Millwall on Friday, would be the mother of all melt downs and bedwetting rolled into one on here!
    At my age bedwetting occurs regardless if the news is good or bad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Think he’ll end up at Wrexham, after having watched the show. Party said that he likes to go back to get a player that he missed out on. Wrexham made an approach for George this time last year.
    He also went after Alfie May back in 2022 and they were linked again recently. 
  • Ok so Dobbo has had a holiday romance that was more of a fumble on the dance floor following too many shandies, and now realised she wasn't all that.

It's not like she was wearing blue with a lion tattoo on her forearm!

Come back George, no money can make you feel as warm as the North stand in full (half-full) voice singing your name. We might not be sexy but you know what you are getting when you get home. 😉

Oh come on now...North Stand!!...it's THE COVERED END...🤦‍♂️
    Apologies to all those that frequent the Covered End seating area in the North stand.

I was merely being specific for the uninitiated Wrexham fans who will be lurking in this thread!! 😏
  • This will be a real test of Nathan Jones power at CAFC and also Andy Scott's diminishing power 🤞🏻as anyone who thinks George Dobson isn't worthy of being in the CAFC 1st 11 in League one really hasn't been paying attention over the last three seasons.
    Because someone's West ham mate said Coventry looked good for 20 minutes playing for the hammers in a league cup match he was suddenly a better player than Dobbo in the muck and bullets of the mediocre 3rd tier !

Hopefully Coventry can still kick on with his career at CAFC but he has plenty of room for improvement so far.

I feel George Dobson deserves to be the best or at least on parity with the highest earner at CAFC.

Just my opinion on a player who has the unusual ability especially at Charlton in recent years of playing 90+ minutes and hardly ever missing a game due to injury over the full tenure of his time at the Valley.
    He has so much credit in the Charlton bank.
    Agree. Would love him to return, but think it very unlikely he would want to return whilst Andy Scott still here.
  • This will be a real test of Nathan Jones power at CAFC and also Andy Scott's diminishing power 🤞🏻as anyone who thinks George Dobson isn't worthy of being in the CAFC 1st 11 in League one really hasn't been paying attention over the last three seasons.
    Because someone's West ham mate said Coventry looked good for 20 minutes playing for the hammers in a league cup match he was suddenly a better player than Dobbo in the muck and bullets of the mediocre 3rd tier !

Hopefully Coventry can still kick on with his career at CAFC but he has plenty of room for improvement so far.

I feel George Dobson deserves to be the best or at least on parity with the highest earner at CAFC.

Just my opinion on a player who has the unusual ability especially at Charlton in recent years of playing 90+ minutes and hardly ever missing a game due to injury over the full tenure of his time at the Valley.
    He has so much credit in the Charlton bank.
    Agree. Would love him to return, but think it very unlikely he would want to return whilst Andy Scott still here.
    but he will have won, the sight of Dobbo running around with a lovely fresh contract in the back of his shorts, will really stick in Scotts craw.
  • Yes, let's unite Dobson & Coventry again. That powerful midfield that won us lots of games once Nathan Jones came in. 🙄
    I honestly struggle to understand how you get out of bed in the morning. Would you consider changing your life through say opium use? 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Just hope he’s not signing for Millwall on Friday, would be the mother of all melt downs and bedwetting rolled into one on here!
    At my age bedwetting occurs regardless if the news is good or bad. 
    is that why they call it your second childhood?
  • Looks like Dobson had his bluff called by our owners. Sorry he did not back down when he could. Now will have to accept what ever another club offers. Which  will be no more or even less than our owners were willing to go to.
  • ct_addick said:
    Dobbo will go to Wrexham
    There are a lot of comments on this thread that would have got a flag of that was still a thing. 

Well done for the most egregious so far 🫣
  • The Hungarian daily sport headline...

"George "gummy" Dobson heads back home to be with his gummy friends in toothless South east London." 
    Any pics from that publication?