Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• The Hungarian daily sport headline...

"George "gummy" Dobson heads back home to be with his gummy friends in toothless South east London." 
    Any pics from that publication?
    No idea, I stopped my subscription when they started their "Best Budapest Belly Boy" competition. Equality eh... So much better when they had "take at look at those budas under her vest" segment. 
  • edited July 4
    Dobson not coming back. Thought there was half a chance but was shut down.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Dobson not coming back. Thought there was half a chance but was shut down this morning.
    By who? 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Dobson not coming back. Thought there was half a chance but was shut down this morning.
    Tell us more
  • Be interesting what we do if we fail to land any of our midfield targets.
  • George Dobson (footballer, born 1997) - Wikipedia

Hmmmm....might want to update this George!  :D

#WotsAPreContract
    #legally_binding
    🤣
  • I guess for him he will also feel embarrassed to come back. I think he’s going to Wrexham
  • Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    By who? 
    Wasn't anyone in the club. 
    well who then? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    By who? 
    His wife?
  • Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    By who? 
    His wife?
    Bloke in the pet shop his wife buys food from for the tropical fish. Apparently.
  • Off_it said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    By who? 
    His wife?
    Bloke in the pet shop his wife buys food from for the tropical fish. Apparently.
    It was one of the pet shop boys 
    The plot thickens 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    By who? 
    well who then? 
    If I didn't answer the first time, I am not going to answer a second time. 
    oh I see, one of those. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    By who? 
    well who then? 
    If I didn't answer the first time, I am not going to answer a second time. 
    oh I see, one of those. 
    'One of those' who keep people's identities private when they ask?
    Grow up.
    Mate you come on here saying you know something, I ask from who, you then say not from club so I ask again well then who? You then say you can't answer. So I think like what happens a lot of the time that you know something but won't share it and everything has to be kept a secret and I think to my self what is the point of saying anything in the first place? 
  • I've been told something, and so has my wife...if I had one...🤪
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't want to know anyway...i'm sulking...

• Gotta be the agent then surely?

Reckon the agent set Dobbo up with 5 figures in Hungary in one of those legally binding contracts that you can't get out of and trumps absolutely everything known to mankind, but it's gone tit's up and one or both parties have err got out of the legally binding contract that trumps absolutely everything known to mankind, so now he (the agent) is obliged to get him (Dobbo) 5 figures, or close to it, to save face and keep his client on his books. Same applies to if he returns to Us, the agent would look like a bit of a tit, so he's probably trying everything within his power to move Dobbo on somewhere else and, no doubt pick up a few fees on the way.

Just my take, feel free to pick away.....
  • Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    By who? 
    well who then? 
    His agent? Club refuse to deal with him?
  • Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    By who? 
    well who then? 
    His agent? Club refuse to deal with him?
    Sounds the most logical...
  • As I said before just because he's suddenly a free agent, doesn't mean the club were going to change their stance.

For argument's sake let's say he was on 4k a week. We offered him 5k a week to re-sign, but his agent said no, we want 8k a week. Talks stalled, and instead his agent went off and found a team in Hungary willing to pay him 6.5k a week, but the taxes are a lot lower so very similar to 8k a week. Dobson said ok let's do that, and signs a pre-contract with them. 

Several months down the line and that's all up in smoke, and Dobson and his agent come back to the club, do you think that 5k is still on the table, much less 8k? I'd imagine they got told either "deal is on the old terms, 4k" or, more likely "we've moved on Dobbo, there's nothing in the budget for you now"
  • sam3110 said:
    As I said before just because he's suddenly a free agent, doesn't mean the club were going to change their stance.

For argument's sake let's say he was on 4k a week. We offered him 5k a week to re-sign, but his agent said no, we want 8k a week. Talks stalled, and instead his agent went off and found a team in Hungary willing to pay him 6.5k a week, but the taxes are a lot lower so very similar to 8k a week. Dobson said ok let's do that, and signs a pre-contract with them. 

Several months down the line and that's all up in smoke, and Dobson and his agent come back to the club, do you think that 5k is still on the table, much less 8k? I'd imagine they got told either "deal is on the old terms, 4k" or, more likely "we've moved on Dobbo, there's nothing in the budget for you now"
    I'm convinced Jones would've wanted to try a bit more than that, seeing as it was Jones who vetoed the move back in Jan
  • Addick_8 said:
    Dobson not coming back. Thought there was half a chance but was shut down.
    @Addick_8 - When you say he ain't coming back, are you 100% certain?