Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Was Fraser the sweetener and this in the pipeline for a few days
  • Options
    It is annoying that whoever has bid left it until now. Davison isn't great but he's at least a 4th striker. Just as Burstow has become 4th striker and we've loaned Davion out, he's off and we've got next to no time to replace him if he goes, very frustrating
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Burstow has proved himself less than Lookman so far (had less opportunity), so not expecting that kind of money. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Fair play to him, will earn an absolute wedge at Chelsea if that’s true.

Probably the worst move you can make as a young footballer though.
    That's a joke surely, they've probably got the most successful academy going. Tons of players currently playing at the top level came through their academy.
  • Options
    Whatever the ‘substantial’ figure is, I’m sure Sandgaard would invest it in the playing squad for next season. We just have to hope that it is invested wisely.

Don’t think we will go down, so banking this money for use to build a strong team next season could be good for us. 
  • Options
    As he's a striker there will be an uplift there. Expect £4-5m If he goes for less than that I will be very disappointed. 
  • Options
    I thought there was some rule incoming that was meant to stop Prem clubs stockpiling players. Lol
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    Lookman was £8m from League One so expecting more than that. 
    Wasnt it £11m? - Plus he had Championship experience.
    Yh I can't see Burstow being that sort of figure, because he hasn't played as much and it has all been in League 1
    Yeah people are in dreamland expecting an eight figure sum.

Biggest fees paid for League One players...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3
    Then say no. 

If it's not multiple millions it isn't 'substantial'. 
    I'm surprised you haven't taken the lead off some bloke on twitter who says we shouldn't accept anything less than 25 million.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another lad going to sit  on a subs bench some where. What a waste of time.
    Won't get near their bench for a while, he'll be out on loan for a couple of years at least. Maybe even loaned back to us?
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    Yh I can't see Burstow being that sort of figure, because he hasn't played as much and it has all been in League 1

Then say no. 

How easy is it to reject £2m or £5m at this level, and then watch Burstow get a career ending injury against Wimbledon?
    This kind of reasoning leads to Gomez going for £3.5m. If we think they're the real deal then make them wait until the summer. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories Mason.
  • Options
    Worth remembering no deal is done as yet. 
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:

Then say no. 

How easy is it to reject £2m or £5m at this level, and then watch Burstow get a career ending injury against Wimbledon?
    This kind of reasoning leads to Gomez going for £3.5m. If we think they're the real deal then make them wait until the summer. 
    Didnt Gomez have a release clause? - Thats not the same sort of reasoning!!
  • Options
    Will probably end up following this more than the match thread tonight 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He's gone. 

So much for not selling our rising stars. 

Bet the fee will be risable. 
    No-one ever said this.
    Wasn't one of the positives that we would be able to hold onto prospects and demand a better fee? 

This just calls back to the Roland days of shipping a youth player out the moment a bid comes in. 
    We've not even had a fee suggested and people are comparing Sandgaard to Roland!
    The deadline day sale of a top prospect does seem to ring a bell from Roland yes. 
    We’ve been doing this for decades. Way before Roland. Parker and Reid come immediately to mind, albeit Reid wasn’t a “prospect”. 
    Thats not correct in Parker’s case. Chelsea moved in early. The entire club fought tooth and nail for almost the entire window to keep Parker, and at least finally got Putin, sorry, Abramovic to pay full whack. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    If he's been given permission to talk to Chelsea then I'd say it's a done deal.
    They will offer him life changing wages. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why did he pick us over them when he left Maidstone then... Dont understand that decision

I'll probably regret this, but part of me hopes it is Chelsea talking to him
  • Options
    Take the money and run if it’s enough of course.

We got £2m (?) for  Bonne so I can’t see us taking less than £8m at a guess given potential. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why did he pick us over them when he left Maidstone then... Dont understand that decision

Chelsea never offered him a deal did they? They had him on trial and dithered, we swooped in and put a contract in front of him and he signed it.
  • Options
    Disappointed of course, but always likely whilst we're at this level. Hope the fee's good and goes towards the summer squad build. 
  • Options
    He's gone. 

We have always sold our rising stars and always will. That's football i'm afraid when a bigger club with money comes knocking . 

• Options
    Wouldn't consider £2m 'substantial' in today's market. Would be disappointed if that's the agreed fee. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He's gone. 

No-one ever said this.
    Wasn't one of the positives that we would be able to hold onto prospects and demand a better fee? 

This just calls back to the Roland days of shipping a youth player out the moment a bid comes in. 
    We've not even had a fee suggested and people are comparing Sandgaard to Roland!
    The deadline day sale of a top prospect does seem to ring a bell from Roland yes. 
    We’ve been doing this for decades. Way before Roland. Parker and Reid come immediately to mind, albeit Reid wasn’t a “prospect”. 
    Thats not correct in Parker’s case. Chelsea moved in early. The entire club fought tooth and nail for almost the entire window to keep Parker, and at least finally got Putin, sorry, Abramovic to pay full whack. 
    We still sold him at the end of the transfer window. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Chelsea never offered him a deal did they? They had him on trial and dithered, we swooped in and put a contract in front of him and he signed it.
    Ah I always presumed that he simply decided to come to us instead.