Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• Options
    I can't believe we're willing to sell him to what i assume is the first cub that has bid.
  • Options
    He's gone. 

So much for not selling our rising stars. 

Bet the fee will be risable. 
  • Options
    If we lose Burstow, we are desperately short of options unless Stockley is very close to a return. And with Aneke’s injury record, we could find ourselves with Washington our only option up front.
    This has all the hallmarks of yet another disastrous transfer window. 
    This is my 63rd season, and all I have is a deep sense of deja vu which began when we sold Marvin Hinton to Chelsea in 1963.
  • Options
    I guess we’re back to calling him Skintgaard then.
  • Options
    He's gone. 

Well Sandgaard hasnt said that has he?
  • Options
    Perhaps he forced the move .  
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    He's gone. 

TS just said in the SLP that we would sell him so what's this about not selling our rising stars? 
  • Options
    Ffs! Tonight was gonna be the first time excited to see him. 
  • Options
    I can't believe we're willing to sell him to what i assume is the first cub that has bid.
    Earlier it was multiple clubs interested.

Now we’ve clearly purposely leaked that there’s been a bid made.

We are trying to start a bidding war in my view.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's gone. 

No-one ever said this.
    Wasn't one of the positives that we would be able to hold onto prospects and demand a better fee? 

This just calls back to the Roland days of shipping a youth player out the moment a bid comes in. 
  • Options
    Don’t be those Nigels. Anyone but them FFS.
    Brentford been mentioned and he would be a very Brentford-esque signing, I reckon its them. Chelsea sounds like an agent plant to me, he isn't that good. 
  • Options
    Be interesting to see what turn this takes

Was barely a year ago when Burstow chose to sign for us over Chelsea

Hopefully he'll decide to stick it out here a bit longer.

This is how Football works now - Say it all the time but gone are the days of Premier League teams leaving kids to learn their trade at a lower league side - Cant take the risk, because one side is caught dithering, another side will benefit.
  • Options
    He's gone. 

No-one ever said this.
    Wasn't one of the positives that we would be able to hold onto prospects and demand a better fee? 

This just calls back to the Roland days of shipping a youth player out the moment a bid comes in. 
    The key part there is the better fee bit. Jacko says it’s a substantial bid. We’ll have to wait and see if it actually is. 
  • Options
    If he’s off, and with Stockley injured and Davison out on loan we need another one in the door. 
  • Options
    Only decent factor is if its £2m tops and gets put back into the squad over the summer

That could help put a decent squad together without relying on Sandgaard's own cash

After all, our last title year came from selling Jenkinson
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He's gone. 

No-one ever said this.

We've not even had a fee suggested and people are comparing Sandgaard to Roland!
    The only suggestion is that the fee is "substantial" so let's wait and see.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He's gone. 

No-one ever said this.

We've not even had a fee suggested and people are comparing Sandgaard to Roland!
    The deadline day sale of a top prospect does seem to ring a bell from Roland yes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    If he's talking to them they've met our valuation. Will be a good fee I reckon. 
  • Options
    As frustrating as it is we're not exactly in a strong position to keep hold of our better players given we're a bottom half League 1 side. Hopefully we get a good deal if he goes but I'm not even that upset with this one as he's not exactly one we can stick the "made in Charlton" hastag on. Even more important now to tie Kanu down on a pro contract.
  • Options
    I can accept players leaving. If we get him back on loan for the season, that would be a consolation

If we don't get him back on loan, we could be in trouble, as we only have 3 strikers, one injured, one injury prone and one not able to play up top by himself
  • Options
    I don’t want him to go just yet as I’d like to actually be able to support our youngsters but IF he leaves today I don’t want him back for the rest of the season I want him replaced 
  • Options
    Bye bye Mason, I've enjoyed watching your long and successful career at the Valley.

You must have been due a testimonial match soon.
  • Options
    I don’t want him to go just yet as I’d like to actually be able to support our youngsters but IF he leaves today I don’t want him back for the rest of the season I want him replaced 
    How are we going to find a similar goalpoacher at short notice on the last evening of the window?

If this had happened 2 weeks ago, then we could have chosen to find a replacement
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He's gone. 

No-one ever said this.

The deadline day sale of a top prospect does seem to ring a bell from Roland yes. 
    Depends if Sandgaard also puts the transfer fee in his pocket or whether he invests back into the squad though doesnt it?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He's gone. 

No-one ever said this.

The only suggestion is that the fee is "substantial" so let's wait and see.
    If it's substantial then we should be lining up a pricy replacement no?