Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Multi millions. Has he really shown enough for that so far?! I know football prices are mad but even today I think those sort of figures at this stage are crazy/ people getting seriously carried away. I would’ve thought 750-1m is most up front anyone would pay + substantial add ons. If he scores another 5+ goals by the end of the season maybe then we’d be looking at 2.5/3m.

what did we get for grant? That was 2/2.5m wasn’t it and he had been fully terrorising league one defences for half a season.
  • Options
    If we get 7-10mil up front I’d bite their hands off . Anything less they can do one. 
  • Options
    I accept that we will always be a selling club. I hated it under twoshats and the crooks when they were so desperate to cash in that decent players would be sold off to whoever made the first bid. If Sandgaard can hold out for a realistic (or better still, overinflated) price, he'll be doing alright by me.
  • Options
     Ha ha.calm down

TS using this as a bit of positive spin with the fans when he talks us he told them to f**k off
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Multi millions. Has he really shown enough for that so far?! I know football prices are mad but even today I think those sort of figures at this stage are crazy/ people getting seriously carried away. I would’ve thought 750-1m is most up front anyone would pay + substantial add ons. If he scores another 5+ goals by the end of the season maybe then we’d be looking at 2.5/3m.

what did we get for grant? That was 2/2.5m wasn’t it and he had been fully terrorising league one defences for half a season.
    If the name Chelsea hadn't already been mentioned I'd agree, but if he carries on as he is, I reckon he'll be £5m+ come the summer, easy.
  • Options
    20 mill, no ifs, no buts.
    Agree… Nothing less than 20 mill. Mason will hit at least 15 for the rest of the season.! 
  • Options
    Hex said:
    A quick look at Southampton’s young player sales shows the following.
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (L1, aged 17) £12-15m in 2012.
    Gareth Bale (Champ, 18) £7m in 2007.
    Theo Walcott (Champ, 17) £5 in 2006.
    Calum Chambers (Prem, 19) £16m in 2014.
    They were all teenagers.  Since those transfers, fees have risen astronomically.  This thread is aiming too low for a natural goal scorer.
    Bit of a reach putting Burstow in the same bracket as that lot. 
  • Options
    Hex said:
    They were all teenagers.  Since those transfers, fees have risen astronomically.  This thread is aiming too low for a natural goal scorer.
    Let's see in 10 years time. I think you are comparing an 18 year old burstow with players that have gone on to be full internationals, not comparing an 18 year old burstow with an 18 year old ox, bale etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hex said:
    I bet you could have said the same about most of them at the time.
  • Options
    Probably going against the grain here a little (what's new I here you cry) but I've not yet seen anything to get all worked up about. 2 headed goals but not very much else (although I was impressed with his goal for the U23's last year when he cooly stopped & feighted the keeper before slotting home)..........although I do caveat all this by saying that he hasn't really been given any service since coming into the first team. Can judge fully at the end of the season if he gets a run of games.........but currently he's no Paul Walsh.
    Brilliant. An 18 year old comes through and scores 6 goals in 14 games and Golfie's still not having it
  • Options
    Tell them to do one Thomas and imagine the scenes in 5 years when Mason & Kanu are the hottest strikeforce in the Premiership! One can only dream 
  • Options
    I read more from Cawley tweets saying no more incomings in his tweet, than from TS statement. No Burstow in the squad tonight.
  • Options
    Not at Fratton Park tonight.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Not at the game tonight….. let me guess an undisclosed fee and a washed up journeyman incoming - same crap different season 

edit - were done for the day so who knows 
  • Options
    Oh joy. Cue 6 hours of nail-biting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Do clubs do any kind of DNA or background checks when a player shows up for a medical?

I mean if we accept a £1m bid for Burstow, can we not send Ben Watson in his place - It sounds familiar after all
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    FFS, can we not even get a full season from a youth prospect anymore??
    We’ve still got Jacob Roddy.
  • Options
    I can understand leaving him out tonight as with all the rumour surrounding his future it would be difficult for him to give 100%, I just hope he is still our player at 11pm, and if not a loan back.
  • Options
    Don’t be those Nigels. Anyone but them FFS.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Let's see in 10 years time. I think you are comparing an 18 year old burstow with players that have gone on to be full internationals, not comparing an 18 year old burstow with an 18 year old ox, bale etc
    Not really, i'm comparing an 18 year old Burstow with them at the time.

Walcott had played for England, Bale had played in the championship and Ox had a full season in league one. Chambers was playing in the premier league. Burstow has played less than 250 minutes of league one football.
  • Options
    didn't expect he would be there tonight after what TS said earlier today - the only way he would have played tonight is if TS said there is no way he is being sold today 
  • Options
    Jesus Christ the next few hours are going to be interesting. Did anyone else think Jacko looked a bit down in that video of them walking along the pitch at fratton park ?