Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ukraine vs England - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Its means now Ukraine have to attack us and leave gaps for us to exploit 
  • Options
    Plenty of England support there.
  • Options
    This is why I hate us scoring early. No intensity,
  • Options
    Lucky he was pushed wide by Slabhead
  • Options
    Just a nagging concern about how much if the ball Ukraine are getting. England don’t need to force the issue now but playing a bit too slow and casual for my liking. I guess it’s good game management as long as Ukraine don’t score. 
  • Options
    This is Croatia 2.0

We are the better team, dictate the game ffs.
  • Options
    So nervous, even though I received gutting news yesterday that I contracted Covid at last Tues game, so will miss attending the semi if we make it.

I would have no issue ‘resting’ those on yellows. If those replacements are not good enough, what does it say? In my mind they are more than capable and competition for spaces is always a good thing. At the very least I’d whip them off if we’re winning comfortably at any stage.

Confident it will be harder than most predict but that Southgate will just about see us home.

I’m sure they will park the bus and look to hit us on the counter whilst being more than happy to end up at pens. We often struggle breaking teams down in these scenarios, so I think we’ll need to be more creative and agile than recently.

Very mindful we have a performance like that vs Scotland in us, so am in no way complacent.

Come on England, make history!! Two semis on the trot puts Southgate up there behind Ramsey.
    Big call. I don't think Southgate could claim to be alongside Sir Alf until we win something. 
  • Options
    Nice of Pickford to model our training gear.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    So nervous, even though I received gutting news yesterday that I contracted Covid at last Tues game, so will miss attending the semi if we make it.

I would have no issue ‘resting’ those on yellows. If those replacements are not good enough, what does it say? In my mind they are more than capable and competition for spaces is always a good thing. At the very least I’d whip them off if we’re winning comfortably at any stage.

Confident it will be harder than most predict but that Southgate will just about see us home.

I’m sure they will park the bus and look to hit us on the counter whilst being more than happy to end up at pens. We often struggle breaking teams down in these scenarios, so I think we’ll need to be more creative and agile than recently.

Very mindful we have a performance like that vs Scotland in us, so am in no way complacent.

Come on England, make history!! Two semis on the trot puts Southgate up there behind Ramsey.
    Big call. I don't think Southgate could claim to be alongside Sir Alf until we win something. 
    Even then Sir Alf will still have a World Cup win, over a Euros win id Gareth achieves it this summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was much better move. We got the quality.
  • Options
    Everytime Matvyenko is mentioned, I think of that episode of Saturday Superstore when some little herbert bellowed “Matt Bianco are a bunch of wankers” down the phone line.
    😂
    Sorry, back to the football…
    I keep thinking about the 80s band too!

• Options
    We're playing nice, sensible (boring) but effective football.
  • Options
    Sterling now being doubled up on.
  • Options
    Fuck ms Rice twatted that
  • Options
    How the hell have we not scored again
  • Options
    ukraine knock it about well, we need a second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    That was a nice attack, shame it came to nothing. 

Sterling is so threatening and that fizzer from Rice was flying.
  • Options
    Great last 5 mins.  It's coming.
  • Options
    Good timing that injury, I needed a top up
  • Options
    We need that second. I don’t think they fancy this at all. We look dominating.
  • Options
    Fantastic defending from Mount

• Options
    England do so well to get numbers back in the box
  • Options
    Sterling is putting in a shift
  • Options
    FFS... Well onside lino
  • Options
    I wish someone would switch the ball Sancho is standing on his own in miles of space alot of the time
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Ain't it nice not having to listen to that poxy English band playing the Great Escape/ Dambusters/ Italian Job ad infinitum. About the only good thing to come out of the whole Covid nastiness,