Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for the semi

Where did everyone watch the quarters? Rang round a few places this morning and everywhere seems to be booked up already

Comments

• Options
    I'll be watching it in the caravan park on Dymchurch 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The Griffin in Clerkenwell was always good for a semi back in the day.
    Was that the shitty pub on the edge of the estate just off of the roundabout?
  • Options
    SuedeAdidas said:
    The Griffin in Clerkenwell was always good for a semi back in the day.
    Was that the shitty pub on the edge of the estate just pff f the roundabout?

Was just off Grays inn road
  • Options
    Ahhh.. Yes. I was thinking of the Nelson.
  • Options
    You’ll probably find pubs are already booked up for the final too.
  • Options
    In the early  90’s me and some mates were in there and they started putting out a spread of food on a table in one of the corners and said grubs up lads. We started tucking in before some locals suggested we leave the establishment as it was for a stag do of one of the regulars. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The white horse in Wycombe.
  • Options
    My back garden …

Ticket holders only. Strict social distancing 
  • Options
    Kings head Tooting
  • Options
    Waterloo Gravesend, can book (fingers crossed) the final if/when etc after the semi if wanted.
  • Options
    Hoping to get in at the Royal Oak for the remaining matches. Couple of screens outside in the garden 
  • Options
    My pubs still closed so available for private hire!!!!
  • Options
    Ive gone in the ballot for the Trafalgar Sq fan park, lets see what happens. 
  • Options
    Not the Fred in Sundridge Park. Was in there last night and the back of the boozer was chock full of wankers. One in particular was an incredible string. Absolutely shit-faced and screaming his head off. I think he's a ne'er-do-well from the Downham Tavern.
    Don’t you just love those pub bores, never been near a league ground in their lives and suddenly can’t wait to tell everyone how big a football fan they are every major tournament, every pub has them unfortunately 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sod going into a pub to watch it. Knee deep in wankers and can’t watch the game. My god I’m old.  Years ago I loved it in the pub , just can’t do it any more. Plus it’s now superstition that we watch it at mine with my brother and his daughters round for a take away.,

And as for booking a fucking table at a pub, drop me out.
    Yep. Drove past a pub at 2.30 yesterday and it was busy already. Made me realise there’s no way I’d want to watch such a big game surrounded by teenage or 20-something wallies who’ve been on the booze and gear for 6hrs before KO. I’ve put in the yards doing that. 

Rather now stay in, have a few beers and watch with family. 
    Spot on mate. And as you say we’ve done our time doing that.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Not the Fred in Sundridge Park. Was in there last night and the back of the boozer was chock full of wankers. One in particular was an incredible string. Absolutely shit-faced and screaming his head off. I think he's a ne'er-do-well from the Downham Tavern.
    Don’t you just love those pub bores, never been near a league ground in their lives and suddenly can’t wait to tell everyone how big a football fan they are every major tournament, every pub has them unfortunately 
    They are quite often Man U or Chelsea.....followers.
    Note I didn’t call them fans......as they never go, home or away.
  • Options
    I’m on the opposite side of the fence. I head out for all England tournament games.

Moments like England in major knock out games do not come around regularly, particularly at this stage of a competition. A big part of me feels like I need to be out and about to experience the size of the whole thing.

The scenes in the pub last night and on Tuesday were unreal. Proper knees-up for 4-5 hours, and will be great memories to have down the line.

Each to their own, but for me - I want to get out and be involved in something big for these occasions.
  • Options
    The trouble with watching the game in a noisy pub is that you will miss the chance of hearing Roy Keanes insights and also Lee Dixons insightful ingame comments lol
  • Options
    My pubs still closed so available for private hire!!!!
    What are you doing for the F1 weekend?