Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for the semi

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I watched the quarter final on my phone at Lansallos campsite miles from anywhere.  I'll probably watch the semi at home as the local pub is one of those that only open from Thurs to Sun damn them.

Highertown Farm camping  National Trust
  • Options
    Will be watching in The Henty Arms, Ferring, West Sussex. Am considering tempting fate by booking a table for next Sunday evening.
  • Options
    I’ll be in my front room, wearing my England
    t-shirt. Drinking some kind of beer or wine. With snacks, crisps or twiglets probably. 
    It’s the high life I tell you.
    My wife will be telling me why the Danes deserve to win. (She’s Irish.)

• Options
    Wednesday is my first of being free after 10 days of isolation, will probably just watch it at home with the family 🙄
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The trouble with watching the game in a noisy pub is that you will miss the chance of hearing Roy Keanes insights and also Lee Dixons insightful ingame comments lol
    Actually you have a point. Going to the pub means not having to listen to Danny Murphy or Emma Hayes (the one who sounds like she has chain smoked 40 rothmans and downed 10 pints of diesel)
    Not forgetting the eloquent Ashley Cole.
  • Options
    sidcup rec club as always - was banging last night and will b wednesday 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Not the Fred in Sundridge Park. Was in there last night and the back of the boozer was chock full of wankers. One in particular was an incredible string. Absolutely shit-faced and screaming his head off. I think he's a ne'er-do-well from the Downham Tavern.
    Watched the Czech game in there, round the corner from me. Wasn’t that busy so not too bad. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Not the Fred in Sundridge Park. Was in there last night and the back of the boozer was chock full of wankers. One in particular was an incredible string. Absolutely shit-faced and screaming his head off. I think he's a ne'er-do-well from the Downham Tavern.
    Watched the Czech game in there, round the corner from me. Wasn’t that busy so not too bad. 
    What's the Oak like these days? Any football showing or nothing? I remember they have a bit of outside space and was always nice food and a pint but don't remember any screens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    What's the Oak like these days? Any football showing or nothing? I remember they have a bit of outside space and was always nice food and a pint but don't remember any screens.
    TVs inside & in the garden. Confident you need to book though.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Ta mate. Not a regular but I quite liked that pub when I was in
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Crown and anchor is a lovely pub just behind Bromley north. Although no football shown there. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Crown and anchor is a lovely pub just behind Bromley north. Although no football shown there. 
    Not very handy for England v Denmark semi then :smile:
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cheers. I was asking about the Oak 😉 wasn't sure if they had football on.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Watching it in the Danish House in south Auckland with approx 50 other Danes.
    Really not looking forward to this game.
  • Options
    This is one time I’ve really not enjoyed living so far from home, covid has greatly reduced the English population here which has meant watching the games with at most 5 other English people.

Already told the mrs and work if we make the final I’ll be taking Sunday off work, flying to Shanghai and watching with a few 100 other English people, can’t wait!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    The trouble with watching the game in a noisy pub is that you will miss the chance of hearing Roy Keanes insights and also Lee Dixons insightful ingame comments lol
    Actually you have a point. Going to the pub means not having to listen to Danny Murphy or Emma Hayes (the one who sounds like she has chain smoked 40 rothmans and downed 10 pints of diesel)
    Not forgetting the eloquent Ashley Cole.
    With Cliton Morrison as support.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Welsh bird I know was at the George Inn last night. Table of six girls, zero interest in football (especially England), just out for the Instagram stories. Really winds me up. 
    Use to be my local with Bernard the barman (30 odd years ago)
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Welsh bird I know was at the George Inn last night. Table of six girls, zero interest in football (especially England), just out for the Instagram stories. Really winds me up. 
    Are non football fans meant to not go out on match days to free up space in pubs ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sod going into a pub to watch it. Knee deep in wankers and can’t watch the game. My god I’m old.  Years ago I loved it in the pub , just can’t do it any more. Plus it’s now superstition that we watch it at mine with my brother and his daughters round for a take away.,

And as for booking a fucking table at a pub, drop me out.
    100% this - got a nice big TV and plenty of space at home, few people round - beer/pizza and a great time. Don't have to listen to wallys who've a) no interest in football and b) been on it for 6 hours before the game.

Plus no one in my house will lob a pint in the air when we score !!
  • Options
    Sod going into a pub to watch it. Knee deep in wankers and can’t watch the game. My god I’m old.  Years ago I loved it in the pub , just can’t do it any more. Plus it’s now superstition that we watch it at mine with my brother and his daughters round for a take away.,

100% this - got a nice big TV and plenty of space at home, few people round - beer/pizza and a great time. Don't have to listen to wallys who've a) no interest in football and b) been on it for 6 hours before the game.

Yea have to agree. Watched it in the pub the weekend and although it was nice to have a few beers with mates and a bit of atmosphere, the nobhead count was through the roof compared to watching it with the family.

Dont get the lobbing your beer thing. Weirdos.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Croydon said:
    Are non football fans meant to not go out on match days to free up space in pubs ? 
    I'd say with it being so hard to book a table, it would be considerate to not book pubs showing the football when you have no interest in the match. 
  • Options
    Sunday is also my daughters 6th birthday, got a BBQ / bouncy castle hired and plenty of family round....no doubt most will hang about.

Fingers crossed we are watching the right game ;)
  • Options

Yea have to agree. Watched it in the pub the weekend and although it was nice to have a few beers with mates and a bit of atmosphere, the nobhead count was through the roof compared to watching it with the family.

Dont get the lobbing your beer thing. Weirdos.
    What really angers me is the bloke who is chatting pure 'waffle' the whole game. Think he no everything. Without fail they support United, with the most southern accent of all time.
  • Options
    In the The Great Exhibition (formerly Crystal Palace Tavern) in East Dulwich on Wednesday night. Too many hipsters pretending to like football for my liking, but will be with my pals so can celebrate/commiserate with them rather than with my wife whos only interested in Arsenal and would spend the night trying to wind me up about how good the Danes are/England are rubbish with no Arsenal players playing etc...
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Moved about between home/parties/pubs so far, first game at home with my brother (who could be that tw*t in the pub if I took him to one but is harmless enough), then Scotland game at Ben Teggs, watched the Czech game in a pub/bookshop/chapel place in Broadstairs, Germany in the River Ale House with @Tom_Hovi, QF at home with my son and Semi final sorted with @Davo55

Nightmare scenario for me is watching with non match going football fans at a BBQ where they shout nonsense for 90 about how shit we are and, if we lose, switch the TV off, put YMCA on full blast and shrug 'its only a game' when I want to sulk for at least 48 hours.        
    The missus says 'Hi!'.

Burnt the toast this morning.
  • Options
    Vinegar's Yard sold out in under 30 seconds.

Wonder how many of the fully booked boozers will now have empty tables from people taking the better option.
  • Options
    Perhaps it's an age thing. Euro 96 was all about the pub but now I watch with a good mate indoors.