Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for the semi

Comments

• Options
    went to the redwood on saturday night for the game werent bad but 6.75 for a moretti in a plastic cup is a bit steep.
  • Options
    Trying to find a pub is a fucking nightmare.

Have messaged the Royal Oak with no response. Number on their FB page just goes straight to voicemail too
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I will never understand why they have the final on a Sunday 
    I know, it's total BS

If we win Euro 2020 and you go into the office on Monday, you're as bad as Rolf Harris imo.
  • Options
    My son is looking for somewhere in dartford area to watch the game on Wednesday with his mate, anyone know of anywhere still has space? He has tried loads 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    There doesn't seem to be many on here who have been watching the games down social/working peoples club.
    Watched all the England games down Beckenham working peoples club

• Options
    clb74 said:
    There doesn't seem to be many on here who have been watching the games down social/working peoples club.
    Watched all the England games down Beckenham working peoples club

Surprised they let you in then.
  • Options
    I will be watching, as I have the last 2 games in the wonderfully named Idle Working men's club. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Have messaged the Royal Oak with no response. Number on their FB page just goes straight to voicemail too
    still no response, no call back, nothing. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

All the pubs we managed to get into pre kick off on saturday had been fully booked pre the Germany game. Understandable as if we didnt make it through, those punters just wouldnt bother turning up to watch Germany v Ukraine.

The one pub I enjoy going to is no bookings, 1st come 1st serve. I imagine I'd have to get there for 2pm latest Wednesday to get a seat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

I tried to book several places half way through the Ukraine game and got none of them. All fully booked.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

All the pubs we managed to get into pre kick off on saturday had been fully booked pre the Germany game. Understandable as if we didnt make it through, those punters just wouldnt bother turning up to watch Germany v Ukraine.

The one pub I enjoy going to is no bookings, 1st come 1st serve. I imagine I'd have to get there for 2pm latest Wednesday to get a seat.
    Yeah our local has suggested getting there at 4 for walk ins. Just isn't feasible on a working day!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I will never understand why they have the final on a Sunday 
    I know, it's total BS

If we win Euro 2020 and you go into the office on Monday, you're as bad as Rolf Harris imo.
    I am sure my place would still expect me to go in especially as mondays are a work from office day.
  • Options
    Booked a table for the semi as soon as the R16 game finished. Absolutely no chance of getting in for the final, but think I prefer to watch that at home with mates anyway. 
    The Germany game was a five pm start midweek so pretty civilised, Sunday will be very different.
    (assuming we beat Denmark)
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I tried this with them for the Scotland game. Took them a week to come back to me to just say it’s ‘first come, first serve’.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Croydon said:

I tried this with them for the Scotland game. Took them a week to come back to me to just say it’s ‘first come, first serve’.
    Madness really. Says on the FB page to book, but the phone number don't work and they won't reply to messages. Anchor &hope and the Vanbrugh full too, will have to try my luck in the city.
  • Options
    This is one time I’ve really not enjoyed living so far from home, covid has greatly reduced the English population here which has meant watching the games with at most 5 other English people.

Already told the mrs and work if we make the final I’ll be taking Sunday off work, flying to Shanghai and watching with a few 100 other English people, can’t wait!
    Niiiiiiiiice plan, man 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    This is one time I’ve really not enjoyed living so far from home, covid has greatly reduced the English population here which has meant watching the games with at most 5 other English people.

Already told the mrs and work if we make the final I’ll be taking Sunday off work, flying to Shanghai and watching with a few 100 other English people, can’t wait!
    Mate, I've watched every game alone! Bars close at 11pm here because of Covid restrictions. And my few remaining English mates (who haven't already left the country after the national security law came in) aren't that into football. Most of the games on at 3am.

Travel not an option because of the enforced quarantine upon return...

The final is on at 3am as well, so if we make that, no doubt I'll be watching that alone at home. Bloody terrible. 
  • Options
    Just bagged 3 tickets for boxpark, buzzing!
  • Options

Licensing laws are to be relaxed to allow pubs to stay open later for Sunday's Euro 2020 final, Downing Street has confirmed.

Premises will be able to stay open for an extra 45 minutes until 11.15pm, in case the game goes to extra time and penalties.

The measure would apply whether or not England get to the final.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57736417

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I shall be watching it in the Bull pub in Stone ( Dartford ) table booked for the final should I need it too !
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    I shall be watching it in the Bull pub in Stone ( Dartford ) table booked for the final should I need it too !
    Horns Cross mate. :)  
  • Options
    holyjo said:
    Horns Cross mate. :)  
    True Dat !
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Lord Herbert where I have watched most games. Well organised and no Herbert’s throwing beer. A good place for an elder genteel woman such as myself. 

Come on England! 
    No Herberts in the Lord Herbert
  • Options
    It's sort of fun to see how tough this looks in the UK. Here in Spain, it's easy - the bars are all open, but the atmousphere will be rubbish as there are no Brits apart from a few expats. I went to a British pub for the Ukraine game, and sat amongst a collection of Dutch, Spanish and French tourists none of whom cared about the match. I'll be sat at home tonight. It's rubbish - the way to watch these matches is in a big group of like minded fans who actually care, but that ain't gonna happen this year. Still, I'll trade that for a win rather than the enormous let down I've always seen at the end of other semi finals in pubs.
  • Options
    It's sort of fun to see how tough this looks in the UK. Here in Spain, it's easy - the bars are all open, but the atmousphere will be rubbish as there are no Brits apart from a few expats. I went to a British pub for the Ukraine game, and sat amongst a collection of Dutch, Spanish and French tourists none of whom cared about the match. I'll be sat at home tonight. It's rubbish - the way to watch these matches is in a big group of like minded fans who actually care, but that ain't gonna happen this year. Still, I'll trade that for a win rather than the enormous let down I've always seen at the end of other semi finals in pubs.

We've watched the games at a few venues to try and get a good atmosphere, and watched the Czech game at a pub in Southwark. Thought central London would be lively, but it too was full of disinterested tourists. Going tonight which will be a different prospect!
  • Options
    The Anglesey in Woolwich. Big atmosphere for all England games.
  • Options
    Watched all Games in local village bar over looking swimming pool. Mix of English,Spanish,Belgium & Dutch good atmosphere. Need a good result after Last night! 
  • Options
    It’s funny watched the game alone at home on Sat after being at Wembley on Tues and didn’t even celebrate the goals as what’s the point. I was over the moon but what the point of running around like a lunatic home alone more likely to injure myself 
    I do think people over celebrate due to booze and what everyone else is doing ?