Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Denmark - Wembley Stadium - Wednesday 7th July 8pm KO - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    We can not know but I suspect Sterling felt contact (not much) and dived. I don't class it as cheating as honest players who try to stay on their feet hardly ever get decisions. The ref saw the contact and decided it was sufficient for a penalty. Yes it was one of those you contest if it goes against you but you have to accept it too. The idiot with the laser pen could have caused England problems had Schmiechel realised and went down holding his eyes. The wally needs catching and banning. 
  • Options
    Great memories of pre and during the game yesterday. Atmosphere was trop draw with almost every person standing throughout the game. Thankfully, did not go to penalties as would have missed last train home.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Not a surprise comping from a country that had had match fixing issues - these people have short memories.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Thought my heart rate was up during the game yesterday! My resting is in the low 50s

You wait until Sunday mate.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I believe we will win but bizarrely it's possible we go a goal down to a mistake  before hitting top gear and winning well as the tired Danes are put to the sword. 
    9am Wednesday 7 July.

Ok you are a good tipster even saying the order of the goals and predicting Italy's goal in the semi final 90 seconds before they scored despite the fact they were under the cosh.
    But predicted Italy to win because they have more nous, more skill with the dark arts and are course and distance winners plus they never lose to England in Tournament football and they are on an unbeaten run of 133 matches, plus they have little players like Insigne, who will run through the legs of Stone and Maguire but other than that why the fuck are you tipping Italy ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As dear old grandpa used to say

"Fack Em"
  • Options
    Why The Golden Generation won feck all:
    https://youtu.be/kRdbUfcBPZw
  • Options

Genius. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else obsessed with watching the videos from the training camp on the England youtube channel? The other day i watched a 12 minute video of blokes trying on suits!

Love the videos and you can clearly see the whole squad get on with each other.
  • Options
    Ask Alexa if it's coming home.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:

I collapsed in a heap on the floor in tears at the end (Mr O had to go out & put the goats & chickens to bed alone).

LLLBH ❤️
    A euphemism if ever I saw one.
    Well he is Welsh 😜😜😂😂 (before anyone gets offended on his behalf he’d say it himself)
  • Options
    Just looked at the England social media comments and the amount of foreigners wound up is delightful. England playing well and being shithouses at the same time. Love it.
    What they don't get is one of there own gave the penalty, England didn't give it to ourselves.  
  • Options
    As it's the next day....how the effing blazes did most of you expect Pickford to save that absolute screamer of a free kick, ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, Pickford was jittery and his kicking was rushed, but how on earth does he save that free kick? Oh yeah by knowing where it's going to be hit before it's hit, sure, that works
  • Options
    Even though I didn’t think it was a penalty,  some of the conspiracy theories on social media is just mental.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yeah, Pickford was jittery and his kicking was rushed, but how on earth does he save that free kick? Oh yeah by knowing where it's going to be hit before it's hit, sure, that works
    It was a good free kick but he stood too far to his left.  Gave himself too much to do if Damsgaard got it over or around the wall.

It wasn't a clanger but he could have done better.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Even without the free kick which was an absolute belter, Pickford was shocking yesterday 
    Maybe, but he's set an English record for minutes without conceding and is guaranteed the golden gloves for most clean sheets in the tournament.

I'd say he can be forgiven a (relatively) poor day at the office, especially given he still only conceded one extremely well taken goal for all that. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Even without the free kick which was an absolute belter, Pickford was shocking yesterday 
    Apart from the two decent saves he did make... Even if one was going wide
  • Options
    I am so chuffed for them as a group. I've never seen such a group of England players so passionate. Top level players get a lot of criticism for being overpaid money grabbers, which undoubtedly some of them are. But look how much this means to them, particularly people like Maguire, Henderson and Kane. Henderson scored his first England goal, the 4th against Ukraine, which meant absolutely nothing in the context of the game/tournament but he went absolutely mental. Of course I'm bias, but we've had some world class players who I don't doubt cared, but this group of players are on a different level.

I've criticised Southgate, and I still feel he's too defensive. We have such talent going forward that after this tournament I hope he does change his style slightly. He's still relatively inexperienced but whatever happens Sunday, we have a great squad that can compete at the top level for years to come. Taking off Grealish for Trippier was an example of that last night, it wasn't necessary and we should have been more confident. But he deserves enormous credit for managing the expectations, keeping them level headed and getting them playing as a team. We've seen how difficult that has been over the years, talent alone cannot win you an International tournament. I'm sure he'll grow as a manager, even if we fall just short Sunday he deserves the opportunity to regroup and go again next year. 

Had a few tears in my eyes at the end last night watching the players in front of the fans. Seeing Chris Powell there was superb too, fantastic bloke who I have no doubt brings a lot to the camp. If he has to make a choice I hope he leaves Spurs and sticks around with England, although I presume it's possible to do both roles. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Apart from the two decent saves he did make... Even if one was going wide
    And the other one was offside. 
  • Options
    Having now calmed down a bit, and now rewatched the entire game again - Denmark will be, and rightly so; proud of having reached a Euro's SF BUT - can you imagine if Gareth did what their manager did in extra time and take off your two best players, for us say take off Kane and Sterling, with the hope of holding on for penalties. Only, then a goal is conceded and you need to chase the game with your two best players subbed off. Gareth does that and he would be absolutely demolished.