Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm becoming concerned

13»

Comments

• Options
    Life is good.... England make their 1st Final in years. Akin back with an option to buy ! who would have thought those possible a month ago ? we still have another month to go before our 1st league game. Alot can happen in a month
  • Options
    I am still in the concerned camp, we are basically just re-signing all the players from last season, the very same players that did not make the play offs never mind the auto's.

Oh and we have let our 15 goal striker leave.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I am still in the concerned camp, we are basically just re-signing all the players from last season, the very same players that did not make the play offs never mind the auto's.

Oh and we have let our 15 goal striker leave.
    Omar Bogle?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Shock Horror it seems Adkins feels that the team he finished the season with was promotion material, and why wouldn't he?

5 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss. 19/30 pts just shy of 2ppg.  
    Yes and also minus the 15 goal striker he had for those games.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    PopIcon said:
    se9addick said:
    I’ve been a little bit concerned about the way the pre-season organising has gone. It feels pretty ad-hoc, for instance games are being announced by other clubs, still (as of the last time I checked) we are not showing the games we have lined up in the “fixtures” section of the OS and we don’t appear to have a game arranged  for the 31st of July, the Saturday before the season starts. 

Currently the first team are due to play four pre-season matches, only one of which Charlton fans can attend, with the final pre-season match taking place 11 days before the season starts.

Hopefully it’s just disruption due to Covid, but something seems a bit off.
    Our coms dept has been terrible for the past two years. 
    Five front-page news stories on the website this week.  Twelve tweets today, by lunchtime.  Four Instagram posts today, by lunchtime. During a pandemic, an international football tournament in which we're doing well and the only suitable holiday period of the year, I think they're doing far, far better than 'terrible'.  

Minor observation but I do find the formulaic layout of the news stories on the signings a bit repetitive i.e. (a comms teams defined) quote from NA and also from TS. Don't really think we always need a TS endorsement / view on each signing! 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    PopIcon said:
    se9addick said:
    I’ve been a little bit concerned about the way the pre-season organising has gone. It feels pretty ad-hoc, for instance games are being announced by other clubs, still (as of the last time I checked) we are not showing the games we have lined up in the “fixtures” section of the OS and we don’t appear to have a game arranged  for the 31st of July, the Saturday before the season starts. 

Currently the first team are due to play four pre-season matches, only one of which Charlton fans can attend, with the final pre-season match taking place 11 days before the season starts.

Five front-page news stories on the website this week.  Twelve tweets today, by lunchtime.  Four Instagram posts today, by lunchtime. During a pandemic, an international football tournament in which we're doing well and the only suitable holiday period of the year, I think they're doing far, far better than 'terrible'.  
    I work in coms, it's my job. I guess it just depends what your level is. Olly Groomes media training is questionable.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    PopIcon said:
    Chizz said:
    PopIcon said:
    se9addick said:

I work in coms, it's my job. I guess it just depends what your level is. Olly Groomes media training is questionable.
    Thats a shit thing to say about someone who is a fan and works for the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chizz said:
    PopIcon said:
    se9addick said:

What do you think they could have done differently then? Given they work to a shifting deadline/under confidentiality and often receive information at late notice I'm curious as to what more they could realistically do, as it seems pretty good to me.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Shock Horror it seems Adkins feels that the team he finished the season with was promotion material, and why wouldn't he?

5 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss. 19/30 pts just shy of 2ppg.  
    Yes and also minus the 15 goal striker he had for those games.
    In those ten games, Chuks played about 200 minutes and scored three goals. Impressive return per minute (as was the case throughout the season) but only 20 minutes per game speaks volumes.

Hardly like he was the only reason Adkins got a tune out of the squad. We relied on him far more heavily under Bowyer.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Chizz said:
    PopIcon said:
    se9addick said:

Thankfully, I figured out how to use apostrophes even before I completed my journalism degree. 
    👏
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @Ollywozere does need more practice at posting videos online though.
  • Options
    Looks like the club deleted the TS interview. Not sure if it'll be reposted.
  • Options
    Was that the one where TS announced he was selling the club to some investment company called West Street?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might be something to do with the bit they forgot to edit out where TS couldn’t remember who else we signed aside from Dobson…
  • Options
    Was that the one where TS announced he was selling the club to some investment company called West Street?
    Yeah it was. The new chairman is Pat Northall, the money man His Excellency Nahnoon Timer. Exciting times. 
  • Options
    This is how we stand compared to other clubs in the division, interestingly our transfer for Stockley is one of only 12 this summer that have involved a transfer fee.
    Presumably this is because clubs are securing out of contract talent before the opposition can. So far in League One there have been 87 Free Transfers and 19 Loans agreed. 

A weekly round up of transfers up to 11th July can be found here: https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/07/13/league-one-transfer-round-up-5th-11th-july/