Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where will you be watching the final?

13»

Comments

• Options
    5am kick off for me in Glenorie NSW. No beers, but a nice cup of tea with my toast. Not worn my England shirt for any of the other games, so won't jinx it now.

As a six year old in 1966 I don't remember anything about the World Cup.....but started going regularly to the Valley in 67 so Im not sure why 66 is a blank.

I remember the Euro 68 competition, Italy getting to the final on a coin toss and playing the final over two legs for some reason. England came third beating the Soviet Union 2-0
  • Options
    Hospital......working the night shift. Gutted.😷
    Ahh what a bummer - keep your phone close by!
  • Options
    Your a hero
  • Options
    Hope you dont have too many idiot cases after the game with people either celebrating too stupidly or taking out their frustrations!!
  • Options
    Wishing everyone at Wembley a memorable and wonderful evening tonight .

Well wishing that to all of us of course buy my experience of Weds was the second to only the birth of my two children as the best day of my life (equal with 1998), and tonight will be off the charts.

Seeing as I said second to the birth of my children, it therefore feels right to be watching with them tonight on the sofa at home.

Wont lie if we do it there will be full on tears I have no doubt.
  • Options
    from behind the sofa
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Will be watching at home in Madrid, really nervous but excited. There's a lot more support for England than Italy among the Spaniards here.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Will be watching at home in Madrid, really nervous but excited. There's a lot more support for England than Italy among the Spaniards here.
    Is that because we are the underdogs on the international stage? Like the equivalent of Leicester winning the FA cup this year. Mostly everyone I know who isn’t English (doesn’t reside in England) is supporting Italy..

Alternatively, is that because we actually have a likeable team.
  • Options
    Home. Come on you Three Lions!
  • Options
    Is that because we are the underdogs on the international stage? Like the equivalent of Leicester winning the FA cup this year. Mostly everyone I know who isn’t English (doesn’t reside in England) is supporting Italy..

Alternatively, is that because we actually have a likeable team.
    Nothing to do with Italy knocking Spain out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The landlady of my local The Bull in Wargrave, hasnt shown any football so far, it's not that kind of pub. But even she is getting a big screen in for tonight so I will be in there. Want to support her a bit anyway as the brewery has whacked her rent up post lockdown.
    I don't feel I can go to the other pub across the road which has shown all the games because I haven't watched any in there so far. Anyway, it's not quite such a nice pub.
  • Options

Quite a few people who work in the NHS been saying they will be working and will miss the match. 
    Yet another reason for us all to thank you all
  • Options
    Driving to my sister's 2:30am for 3am kick off. A storm scheduled to hit Perth sometime around that time (and the weather is expected to be bad too) sister traditionally  going for Italy for bums reasons, I'm leaning England way (only just, so behave yourselves during the anthems) for similar reasons
  • Options
    At home with my fiancée and our 2 month old son :smile:
  • Options
    Stupidly agreed to house sit and look after my mums new puppy for a week ages ago, thinking we won’t make it to the final. It’s a right little shitty thing as well. Add in the fact I’ve watched every game at home so far and I won’t be there tonight, I’ve had a complete stinker. And I accidentally killed a bee yesterday. The omens aren’t good.
    Gal, is that you pal?

:) 
  • Options
    Going over to my son’s place to watch it on his projector and big screen, armed with a polypin from Twickenham Brewery to ease the nerves and, hopefully, to celebrate a famous victory.

I was only a little kid in 1966 but remember watching the World Cup Final in Bray, just outside Dublin. We were staying in a B&B and, for the big event, all squeezed into a small TV room (remember them ?). One of the guests was a very irritating priest who even I could see knew nothing about football and he had a particular downer on Martin Peters. My dad rather subtly put him straight and Peters’ goal towards the end of normal time shut the bugger up. At least I won’t have to put up with his inanities this time around.
  • Options
    Well it’s our wedding anniversary today so naturally will be off to the boozer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    Going over to my son’s place to watch it on his projector and big screen, armed with a polypin from Twickenham Brewery to ease the nerves and, hopefully, to celebrate a famous victory.

I was only a little kid in 1966 but remember watching the World Cup Final in Bray, just outside Dublin. We were staying in a B&B and, for the big event, all squeezed into a small TV room (remember them ?). One of the guests was a very irritating priest who even I could see knew nothing about football and he had a particular downer on Martin Peters. My dad rather subtly put him straight and Peters’ goal towards the end of normal time shut the bugger up. At least I won’t have to put up with his inanities this time around.
    We have guests in our cottage from Bray, arrived last night, just in time to watch Ireland spank USA in the rugby. Is it a sign?

I’ll be sat at home in West Cork in the same seat, in the same outfit (with my St George Cross pin badge), with the cat on my lap. My Welsh hubby will be sat opposite shouting more at the telebox than I do as he has always supported England with me (except when playing Wales obvs).

C’mon England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 
  • Options
    Stupidly agreed to house sit and look after my mums new puppy for a week ages ago, thinking we won’t make it to the final. It’s a right little shitty thing as well. Add in the fact I’ve watched every game at home so far and I won’t be there tonight, I’ve had a complete stinker. And I accidentally killed a bee yesterday. The omens aren’t good.
    Gal, is that you pal?

:) 
    And to top it all, he mixed his whites with his colours this morning, and used completely the wrong amount of unsalted butter for his Victoria sponge
    Set myself up for that didn’t I! 😂

Biggest mistake of my life agreeing to do this. Had a real shocker. They better win.
  • Options
    I tried to get a ticket for Trafalgar Square but obviously, as expected, I was outnumbered by the demand.

Watching it at a friend's house. TV will be outside via gazebo I think.

Football is coming home!!
  • Options
    At least you got something to kick if it goes wrong , my wife’s indoor pissing and shitting Italian greyhound is getting a proper toeing if we lose tonight 
  • Options
    To all the animal lovers I’m not serious 

• Options
    Scoham said:
    A friends house assuming we’re home in time. Going to a stag do tomorrow in a mystery UK location and expected home at 5:40 on Sunday. All arranged under the assumption we wouldn’t make the final. Hopefully it’ll be an amazing end to the weekend.
    ‘Mystery UK location’ @Scoham screams absolute shithole that the organiser is keeping quiet to the last minute as he didn’t want weeks / months of complaints and drop outs.

Enjoy! :-) 
    We’re on the way back from Birmingham... We were warned more than once not to walk back to the hotel alone or even told not to walk and get a taxi.

All on time so far but got to get through London and then down to the south coast.
  • Options
    Hope you dont have too many idiot cases after the game with people either celebrating too stupidly or taking out their frustrations!!
    Cheers for the thumbs up guys. This is Donny. They were scrapping in town after the Ukraine game!

Sincerely I wish everyone wherever you watch, whoever with, a great experience. 
  • Options
    In my lucky armchair, wearing my lucky underpants and lucky socks. 
  • Options
    Staying at home, because I don't want to be out when the football arrives.