Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Vs Celtic - Pre Season Friendly - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I dont know why Washington gets stick on here. He always makes a nuisance of himself and I'm sure will chip in 12-15 goals a season. Him and Stockly will cause opposition teams trouble this season I'm sure
    Does Washington get stick on here? I think he's quite popular
  • Options
    Felt like a bit of culture shock at the start having watched three weeks of top Euro action, but in the end I think everyone acquitted themselves well. Confident that we'll have a good team by the start of the season.
  • Options
    bit disappointed lyle and Innis didnt get a run out,but overall a good workout
  • Options
    Disappointed the subs didn't come on, was looking forward to seeing Aouachria especially
  • Options
    First PSF and a good workout against a team whose season starts with a Champions League qualifier in 10 days so a bit ahead of us in preparation.
    Thought the younger players did well but Harness's kicking definitely needs work.
    All in all not too bad and we were missing Innis, Gilbey and Matthews. 
  • Options
    All in all a good workout against a decent side.Thought Davison did really well,and also Watson played some fine long passes,plenty of promise .
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Good work out. Much needed minutes in the legs. Most did pretty well and any shaky performances are not unexpected given the youth and inexperience of many of those playing. I thought DJ, Albie and Conor were our standout performers on the day.
  • Options
    it seemed a different attacking style in each half, 1st half ball upto Stockley on his own, he did try a few chest downs and passes, 2nd half Davison and Washington making an attacking duo and more effective
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The road to Wembley starts here!
  • Options
    As a lot have said, decent run out. I don’t watch any of the younger players - unless they break into the first team, so good to watch them. 
  • Options
    Only watched the second half. Washington, Watson, Famewo, Barker, Ghandour and Oguntayo had good spells. Thought Harness, Henry, Vennings and Davison all struggled a bit at times.
  • Options
    Harkness looked confident in goal, Barker good at full back and Oguntayo got forward well on the left.

Vennings tried a lot of things, they didn't all come off but he was involved. Gandour was lively.  Davison didn't get much of the ball.

The new midfielder, Watson I think his name was, looks calm and assured.

Washington looked the best player on the pitch for either side.

A good showing and something to build on with three or four first teamers not playing and another six or eight yet to sign.

Celtic didn't look anything special. Clearly the stronger side and had more chances but they will need to be a lot sharper mext week in Europe.

Didn't have to pay for the stream. Not sure why but that will encourage me to watch more of the PSF on a stream.

Shame there is no Valley friendly as would have gone but none of the others seem worth the trip.

• Options
    Don't be so negative

Automatic promotion guaranteed  : - ) 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    4 weeks to go till the season starts, player incomings needs to step up a few gears, thought Steve Gallen looked whacked out in the interview played, poor bloke.
  • Options
    Decent result against a mid level Championship team 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Decent result against a mid level Championship team 
    Also nice for the younger players to compete against players of the same standard standard - i’m talking the Scottish internationals in the Celtic team. 
  • Options
    Only losing 2-1 with a side made up of half the development squad, to a team who have a champions league qualifier in 10 days is far better than i expected.

Obviously we all want us to make more new signings but hopefully a couple of the youngsters will do enough in pre-season to convince Adkins they can step up and be part of the first team squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like Gilbey is injured. Shame as he takes time getting up to the pace of games. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sounds like Gilbey is injured. Shame as he takes time getting up to the pace of games. 
    He has a slight knock.
  • Options
    Is the next friendly live on Charlton TV
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    Is the next friendly live on Charlton TV
    Not sure if the Welling one is
  • Options
    I only got to see the second half (cottage changeover takes double the time now cos of Covid phew!).

I really enjoyed it.
    Washingtons goal was great.

Lovely jubbly 😁
  • Options
    FA Cup Semi Final? 
  • Options
    Good workout  , but Celtic deserved the win . The new Deji was my pick of the youngsters. 
  • Options
    does anyone know or have a link to watch this game again? 

thanks 
  • Options
    A good workout against a team quite some way ahead of us on fitness. Didn’t embarrass ourselves and thought Washington in particular played very well. Thought Gandalf on the right looked sprightly and Barker was also very good.