Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Italy - THE FINAL - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:

Stones looks bigger on the telly.
    Same size arms as Pickford though 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Just got a Whatsapp from the boss saying not to bother logging on until 11 tomorrow. 

Love Southgate, love my boss. 

It has to be coming home. 
    Did he say Am? If not  go with PM.
  • Options
    Couldn't take sitting around all day with nervous energy so I've just done 90km bike ride. My legs are completely f'ked now and I think I'll fall asleep before kickoff!
  • Options
    Just supposing England are 3-0 up, two minutes of normal time to go and only 2 subs used. Would you see Southgate giving a few players who haven't played in the tournament so far a few minutes?

Would that be too risky? 
    Or is he not that nice?
    You mean like sticking Ramsdale and Johnstone up front?!?! Yeah let’s do it. 
    No - in that scenario the players who have got us there deserve to be on the pitch when the greatest moment of the career comes around 
    It was a joke.
    I couldn’t find the post above yours to quote against and it didn’t appear in the reply even though it did in the body of text when I was writing it.
  • Options
    I think it’ll be an unchanged team 
  • Options
    It's gonna be tough Italy's 33 game unbeaten run is up there with Huddersfield.
    And we all know what happened to that run…
    Losing in the final didn't count, same as losing on penalties wouldn't count. 
  • Options
    I think it’ll be an unchanged team 
    Same. 

Pleased Italy don't play 3 at the back or we may have been tempted to match it when I think we should stay unchanged.
  • Options
    3/5 ATB would be interesting. Especially if we use Mount. Could go very well or very poorly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there is absolutely NOTHING (other than a world war or two) like sport to get the people all together .. In pictures: England's excitement ahead of Euro 2020 final - BBC News
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    3/5 ATB would be interesting. Especially if we use Mount. Could go very well or very poorly.
    Very poorly. 

Jorginho is the danger man. We cannot let him have lots of space in the middle to pick out passes to the wingers. 
  • Options
    It feels a bit like the lull before the storm. Come on England! Come on Southgate. Your chance to fix history.
  • Options
    big chance of rain at Wembley during the game .. who will that help or hinder ?
  • Options

• Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    There must be more versions of that song than any other. there was a Bangra version on TV this morning!
  • Options
    Are people seriously suggesting that Southgate has got it wrong and saying it will go badly before the team is announced? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Are people seriously suggesting that Southgate has got it wrong and saying it will go badly before the team is announced? 
    Not that I can see, who do you think is saying that?
  • Options
    The scenes outside Wembley hours and hours before kickoff are just mental, I am not sure I have ever, ever seen anything like this. 

I was born in 68 so missed the WCF so jot sure what it was like but the pyro, the noise, the atmosphere just wow! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Very poorly. 

Jorginho is the danger man. We cannot let him have lots of space in the middle to pick out passes to the wingers. 
    I’ve learnt not to be so dismissive. I’m backing it. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A couple of posts above a long the lines of he does x it will go badly.  Which is more subtle but means the same. 
  • Options
    Guy that looks like Immobile in the crowd cheering on Berrettini, assuming it’s not actually him! 
  • Options
    Who takers England corners ? Need it for a assist for maguire on a bet 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Who takers England corners ? Need it for a assist for maguire on a bet 
    Shaw from the left, Mount from the right, depends what the team is 😉.
  • Options
    4 hour walk in the lakes. Hardly a soul around. Watching the tennis, pizza, beer and then the match. Although I would love to be at Wembley it's pretty bliss here!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Guy that looks like Immobile in the crowd cheering on Berrettini, assuming it’s not actually him! 
    Got to be him I mean why else would you wear a football shirt to the tennis at Wimbledon 😉.
  • Options
    Trippier in. Saka out.
  • Options
    Trippier in. Saka out.
    Doesn’t surprise me, 5-4-1 or 5-2-3 ?