Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Italy - THE FINAL - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Keep seeing these video montages and clips from the likes of Prince Wills etc. I’ve been welling up all day 
  • Options
    If that selection allows someone to get at Jorginho, then great, he's a top player, but when got at the radar goes on his passing 

• Options
    I think Mount will fancy himself against Emerson and probably will tuck in to nullify Jorginho at times.

Need Kane to put a shift in. If he plays his usual deep role it might work really well. Almost like a 352 with Sterling and Mount beyond.
  • Options
    Let Chellini and Bonucci know they are in a game, use our pace.! IF WE SCORE FIRST keep at them and not sit back.  Heart say England 2-0, Head says Italy 0-1. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I think Mount will fancy himself against Emerson and probably will tuck in to nullify Jorginho at times.

Need Kane to put a shift in. If he plays his usual deep role it might work really well. Almost like a 352 with Sterling and Mount beyond.
    We need a big game from Mount if team is correct, a lot of nullifying Jorghino but also getting up in support.

Although he might sit on Jorghino until they tire.

Getting nervous though!
  • Options
    Let Chellini and Bonucci know they are in a game, use our pace.! IF WE SCORE FIRST keep at them and not sit back.  Heart say England 2-0, Head says Italy 0-1. 
    The pace will certainly come into it, but I don’t think England have to go full pelt from the outset. A longer game, possibly including extra time, will suit England’s younger legs and deeper bench. 
  • Options
    Don't forget they had an extra time against Spain as well as Austria, and they defended a lot in that match as well
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The pace will certainly come into it, but I don’t think England have to go full pelt from the outset. A longer game, possibly including extra time, will suit England’s younger legs and deeper bench. 
    se9addick said:
    Starters and finishers. 

100% faith in what ever he thinks is the best way. 

See you all tomorrow I can't hold the phone still any more! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scary line up. Italy loved playing against Belgium’s three at the back. But in Southgate we trust.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Scary line up. Italy loved playing against Belgium’s three at the back. But in Southgate we trust.
    Belgium with a half-fit De Bruyne, no Hazard and an ageing back three. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Just play our game and don’t get drawn in by all their bollocks. If we play to our maximum and they do, I honestly think we will win. 
  • Options
    Just play our game and don’t get drawn in by all their bollocks. If we play to our maximum and they do, I honestly think we will win. 
    Have one of the best refs in Europe doing the game, not worried about it
  • Options
    Belgium with a half-fit De Bruyne, no Hazard and an ageing back three. 
    England also loved playing with a back three against the Germans own... Certainly wasn't a case of sitting back in that game.

Wonder if the plan is to use the extra pace of Shaw and Walker to scare the Italian defence, whilst also helping to deal with Immobile, Inzaghi and Chiesa
  • Options
    Didn't love playing against Austria's back three so much though. 
    Fair point. Everything I read showed Austria starting a four at the back but according to Coaches Voice, it transitioned to a five at the back in reaction to how Italy were playing.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Its all about Kane vs Chielini and Bonucci for me and then what we do about Jorginho.

Two schools of thought.  Kane either occupies the CBs or he drops deep, feeding the runners, presumably Sterling with one of Saka/Sancho and Mount supporting.

You just know Chielini and Bonucci would prefer to man mark Kane but if he drops off between the lines they cant do that and he'll create space for others.

Everything goes through Jorginho.  Assuming Rice is holding, it will be down to Mount and Phillips snapping at his heels.  Press him, it cuts their supply.  Give him time, he'll spring their counter attack.

We can dominate them like the Spanish did.  We'll have the majority of possession, patient build up, it just whether we can break them down.

We win 3-1 in normal time.  Kane turns Chielini inside out, Italy equalize with a scrappy set piece, Mount finishes off a counter attack and then Kane scores in the 89th min, triggering scenes nationwide like we've never seen before.

Its coming home.
    Arise Sir Gareth.

(More likely 0-0, a tense 30 mins extra time and the most stressful 6-5 shoot out we've ever seen!)

Yes, it will be interesting how Kane plays, as their CBs will love a battle against a No 9, but won't appreciate pacey runners coming at them. I have a feeling that Sterling will be more effective than Kane today, but Kane will do a lot of crucial work outside the box. Hopefully Sterling's finishing will be back to the standard of the earlier matches, as it wasn't great vs Denmark and if we are playing 3-5-2, that doesn't leave that many obvious goal scorers on the pitch in open play.
  • Options
    Managed to stay fairly calm so far (helped by being at the cricket yesterday) but it's kicking in now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The most chances we conceded was in a back 3 against Germany. Most of those were straight down the middle 
  • Options
    There's going to be a lot of football fans born in April next year. Let's hope most of them are English. 
  • Options
    Haven't seen the Itlay lineup yet, assume likely.to be the same as the Spain game?
  • Options
    The Wembley footage of fans storming in is embarrassing.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    RedChaser said:
    shine166 said:
    Who takers England corners ? Need it for a assist for maguire on a bet 
    Shaw from the left, Mount from the right, depends what the team is 😉.
    Legend, gone for Shaw 

Quite like that bet. Where did you place it?
  • Options
    Pissed up kids geared out of their nuts - absolute embarrassment 
    Yup
  • Options
    Can we get the jocks back to help with the clean up?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Can we get the jocks back to help with the clean up?
    Setup a GoFundMe account, that'll pay for it in minutes