Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Elerewe

13»

Comments

• Options
    He may not be the next Gomez but he's definitely looking like he could be a very good player for us.
  • Options
    For a 17 year old I thought he was outstanding last night so confident and comfortable with the ball at his feet, and was holding his own with there strikers
  • Options
    He’s not the messiah, he’s the new Souleymane Diawara

• Options
    Great prospect, nearly ready but not ready yet. 
  • Options
    Saw him in the yoof final and thought he was not that great.  Saw him v Welling and he shone massively.  Hope we tie him down for a long time as he has huge potential.
  • Options
    New contract please for this lad Thomas!
  • Options
    Like a  poster above I first saw him at the youth final v Wigan and he didn't stand out imo.
    After 15 minute's of watching in first PSF he stood out as a future prospect for first team imo.
    Just as Konsa did in a PSF at Bromley years ago.

Yesterday was another step up  in his football education.
    Comfortable to dribble out of defence, can pick out & deliver a long pass.
    Most important he won his defensive battles in air and ground.

Ok he tired in last 30 minutes, understandable at 17.
    I'm sure he'll get cup games, oh we're out of one!
    Still leaves the Micky mouse cup.

Big question is how much league action  NA will give him. Being first reserve for Inniss would be putting way to much pressure on him.

Deji2 has all the indicators to play (imo) at least top half Championship possibly Prem.

What frustrates me is how cheaply Championship/Prem teams with category 1 Academy status can poach him  IF he's not tied down on a professional contract, as I understand the situation.

Anyone know if he's been offered a contract ?

Apologies as all this has already been posted 😸!

• Options
    New contract please for this lad Thomas!
    Where’s the fun in that? I say stick him in, wait and wait and wait to offer a contract, leave it too late and then let Rangers have him for 85p. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You mean the Rangers that were going to sweep all before them and win the Champions League?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    You mean the Rangers that were going to sweep all before them and win the Champions League?
    Any rangers will do. Glasgow Rangers, Berwick Rangers, Stafford Rangers, Power Rangers. 
  • Options
    Like his comments above about playing for the 13's,14's etc....I am sure we are smart enough now to have offered him a contract....then again
  • Options
    Not seen this lad yet, but sounds very promising. Rufus came straight into the team at a similar age and smashed it, so if he's good enough then that's for Nigel to decide. COYA
  • Options
    From what I have seen in the PSF and then from reports of last night Deji should be fine to be in the squad this season. I know people say he is only young but so what. He looks strong enough to play in the 1st team, his will grow into a top class player imo. The biggest danger in playing him I feel is that he will be in the shop window and get nicked by another club
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    For a 17 year old I thought he was outstanding last night so confident and comfortable with the ball at his feet, and was holding his own with there strikers
    agree, we will play him for a dozen games before he is sold and the rebuild will begin
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!