Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Something nice happened today

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Chizz said:
    Today, I had an impromptu picnic in the park.  I went for a walk at lunchtime, but, as it was really warm, I nipped into a sandwich shop and bought a beautiful sun-blushed tomato and mozzarella panini and ate it in the park in the warm, windless, glorious summer sunshine.  
    Panino

One tomato one, one mozzarella one 

😉
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Started playing Bryan Adams essentials on iTunes, and funnily enough, have stopped getting bitten by insects, would highly recommend!!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I got paid by my new sponsor. After two years of effort and making it up as I went along, after building up enough debt to make the Lehman brothers wince, and after a year of minimal work thanks to Covid, leading to me claiming universal credit for the first time in my life (I couldn’t furlough myself as my business was too new), today I got the single biggest pay cheque of my life. By some distance. 

I have to pay off credit cards and buy some equipment, so it’s easy come, easy go, but I sincerely thought I’d be looking at a very dark financial outlook by now. Instead, I might just be able to buy my (modest) dream car! 
    What car ?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I got paid by my new sponsor. After two years of effort and making it up as I went along, after building up enough debt to make the Lehman brothers wince, and after a year of minimal work thanks to Covid, leading to me claiming universal credit for the first time in my life (I couldn’t furlough myself as my business was too new), today I got the single biggest pay cheque of my life. By some distance. 

I have to pay off credit cards and buy some equipment, so it’s easy come, easy go, but I sincerely thought I’d be looking at a very dark financial outlook by now. Instead, I might just be able to buy my (modest) dream car! 
    Dodge Challenger surely
  • Options
    As a CAFC fan, a red Reliant Robin?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Nice one, very well deserved 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:
    I saved a bumble bee.

It was struggling like a drunken sailor to walk across the garden and making an intermittent buzzing sound. Went and got a little bit of water for it to dip its legs into and then picked it up on a leaf before placing it gently onto a flower. Watched it do its business for a short time before it began to buzz solidly, flap its wings and fly off.

#moveoverdavidattenborough #availableforworkinsafariparks
    I’ve seen loads of bees on the ground struggling over the last couple of weeks. Never noticed this many before.
  • Options
    I just had a 'no wiper' bum sausage  B)
    That's a Brucie bonus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    First day off after breaking up from school, little or nothing to do as far as the dogs are concerned due to the heat. In the front garden painting preserver on the fence when a car pulled along side. The parents of our little girl with hearing issues wanted to thank me for doing what I do, they live in my road she had confidence issues due to her deafness and in a little over 6 weeks she’s become a new girl. Telling her parents I/we only had a small role to play I left my wife to continue the conversation as “ I thought I heard the dogs misbehaving” and took my leave and went in the house. 🥴
    Soft sod 😉
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    I saved a bumble bee.

It was struggling like a drunken sailor to walk across the garden and making an intermittent buzzing sound. Went and got a little bit of water for it to dip its legs into and then picked it up on a leaf before placing it gently onto a flower. Watched it do its business for a short time before it began to buzz solidly, flap its wings and fly off.

Bit of sugar in a tiny bit of water proper sorts them out.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    First day off after breaking up from school, little or nothing to do as far as the dogs are concerned due to the heat. In the front garden painting preserver on the fence when a car pulled along side. The parents of our little girl with hearing issues wanted to thank me for doing what I do, they live in my road she had confidence issues due to her deafness and in a little over 6 weeks she’s become a new girl. Telling her parents I/we only had a small role to play I left my wife to continue the conversation as “ I thought I heard the dogs misbehaving” and took my leave and went in the house. 🥴
    Soft sod 😉
    Guilty as charged 🤚🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    I saved a bumble bee.

Bit of sugar in a tiny bit of water proper sorts them out.
    Very good advice, but I'd advise against anyone getting those sugar-water feeders you can get. They seem like a good idea, but they encourage apine indolence which is not good for the environment. 
  • Options
    Well this is the Gaffa's type of thread...

Nige!

Nige!

N I G E !!!!!!