Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Something nice happened today

Comments

• Learnt how to operate a 1.5ton Kubota digger. 
    Not planning on visiting any Travelodges are you?

• I had a sit down poo.

Always a treat.

• Addickted said:
    @Live by the sword has just confirmed that I'm going to be a grandad to a bouncing baby boy in December.

You have no idea how overjoyed I am.
    Congratulations to the both of you!!
  • Addickted said:
    @Live by the sword has just confirmed that I'm going to be a grandad to a bouncing baby boy in December.

You have no idea how overjoyed I am.
    Many congrats mate. It’s all very emotional! Catches you by surprise. :-)
  • My son said "Love you daddy" for the first time.
    This is the best thing.

My daughter sometimes comes up to me spontaneously and  says for no apparent reason 'you're the best Daddy in the whole world ever' and that just makes my day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    American kids are speaking in British accents after watching Peppa Pig.
    A question I saw earlier: why is there both a doctor & a vet in peppa pig?
    Maybe the vet is for the hidden humans who are locked away in cages for viewing or consumption.
  • My son (7) called me a mook the other day
    My 12 year old regularly refers to me as a nerd. To be fair, she’s not too far from the truth.
  • Scoham said:
    American kids are speaking in British accents after watching Peppa Pig.
    A question I saw earlier: why is there both a doctor & a vet in peppa pig?
    Maybe the vet is for the hidden humans who are locked away in cages for viewing or consumption.
    Weirdly the animals have pets like goldfish and insects. 
  • edited July 2021
    MY DECKING HAS BEEN F**KING OFFICIALLY  APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albeit with conditions (that a trelis be up within three months), but we expected that the moment the application went in.

Our neighbours (well one of them, the other had no issue with it) can finally piss off!!
  • I have met Jenny. She is obviously very entertaining but I would estimate her picture was taken in about 1986. I have also met Mr Jenny. I wouldn't want to upset him.
  • Learnt how to operate a 1.5ton Kubota digger. 
    Not planning on visiting any Travelodges are you?

No but caused havoc parking it in the Waitrose car park when I went shopping, got no reversing camera.

• Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    I met my grandson for the first time yesterday! My daughter and her hubby live in Stuttgart, and Benjamin was born in January. With the various covid regulations I’ve not been able to visit them, but they’ve come over, and are currently quarantining at ours. 
    He’s a lovely little chap!
    He’s the grandson of Jimmy Seed’s grandson btw. 
    (Thought I’d better mention that - you’d all be disappointed if I didn’t :-))
    Congratulations, is he following the recent family tradition of supporting millwall?
  • Jenny sounds completely off the wall!
  • Talking to the mum of a 3 yr old in the nursery (only part of the school still open) her daughter although fascinated by Bowyer was obviously very fearful. We stood at a distance with a picket fence between us chatting to mum, over 5/10 minutes approaching the fence slowly Mum tickled Bow between the fence encouraging her daughter to do so, to no avail. Turning Bow around I asked mum to scratch his back end which she did and her daughter followed suit. Bow laid in front of the fence as we chatted and with no coaxing at all her daughter reached through the fence to stroke Bowyer. At a distance we accompanied them back to the car and waved them off, happy to meet them again Monday to continue to help. 
  • edited July 2021
    I advertised the table and chairs on the local Facebook page in a deliberately stupid way, she bought into it immediately then made it stupider. I look forward to stopping by her pub, The Royal Oak in Ruscombe, in the near future to visit my ex furniture and continuing the nonsense.

• IdleHans said:
    I advertised the table and chairs on the local Facebook page in a deliberately stupid way, she bought into it immediately then made it stupider. I look forward to stopping by her pub, The Royal Oak in Ruscombe, in the near future to visit my ex furniture and continuing the nonsense.

Sounds like flirting to me ... better visit when her husbands out.
  • Household all received negative PCR tests yesterday, meaning kids could go in for their last day of term today.

The boy is full of snot and has a cough. So, he has a cold that most haven't seen for 18 months or so and the school is absolutely fine with it. Happy days!!!
    Lol. Oh, lovely.
    The Common Cold - probably the best coronavirus in the world.
  • T_C_E said:
    Talking to the mum of a 3 yr old in the nursery (only part of the school still open) her daughter although fascinated by Bowyer was obviously very fearful. We stood at a distance with a picket fence between us chatting to mum, over 5/10 minutes approaching the fence slowly Mum tickled Bow between the fence encouraging her daughter to do so, to no avail. Turning Bow around I asked mum to scratch his back end which she did and her daughter followed suit. Bow laid in front of the fence as we chatted and with no coaxing at all her daughter reached through the fence to stroke Bowyer. At a distance we accompanied them back to the car and waved them off, happy to meet them again Monday to continue to help. 
    Is the nursery next door to the Birmingham training ground then?
  • edited July 2021
    Mum tickled Bow between the fence encouraging her daughter to do so, to no avail. Turning Bow around I asked mum to scratch his back end which she did and her daughter followed suit. Bow laid in front of the fence as we chatted and with no coaxing at all her daughter reached through the fence to stroke Bowyer.

😆