Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Something nice happened today

Comments

• Options
    Went body boarding with my wife and 6 year old son at Trebarwith, Cornwall today in freshly purchased wetsuits. Where have wetsuits been all my life!?! Made the cold Cornish coast bearable and my 6 year old so happy seeing his ageing parents enjoying the surf with him. Never felt happier or more alive🙂
  • Options
    Went body boarding with my wife and 6 year old son at Trebarwith, Cornwall today in freshly purchased wetsuits. Where have wetsuits been all my life!?! Made the cold Cornish coast bearable and my 6 year old so happy seeing his ageing parents enjoying the surf with him. Never felt happier or more alive🙂
    Lucky you, make sure you keep it up. We are in our 60's and go body boarding every time we go to Cornwall, the surf at Fistral beach (Newquay) and Constantine Bay this year have been very good in July. Watergate Bay was a bit of a let down this year, like a mill pond.
  • Options
    My Dad lives in North Petherwin, just outside Launceston. So whenever we come down we'll be body boarding now, it's so much fun
  • Options
    It was a week ago now but having all been separated on Xmas day 2020 through lock down I arranged a family Christmas dinner with home made crackers, a Christmas tree and Christmas music for 13 family members whilst on holiday in the UK.  It was a wonderful afternoon/day.  My wife and I had also got a little story our lad wrote in lockdown 2 illustrated by a local artist and printed into books which he gave out as presents to his family without knowing what they were.  His face when he opened his and it dawned on him it was his story will stay with more forever.  

That’s superb. One of the best, and most unique, presents I’ve heard about in a long time. 
  • Options
    It was a week ago now but having all been separated on Xmas day 2020 through lock down I arranged a family Christmas dinner with home made crackers, a Christmas tree and Christmas music for 13 family members whilst on holiday in the UK.  It was a wonderful afternoon/day.  My wife and I had also got a little story our lad wrote in lockdown 2 illustrated by a local artist and printed into books which he gave out as presents to his family without knowing what they were.  His face when he opened his and it dawned on him it was his story will stay with more forever.  

That’s superb. One of the best, and most unique, presents I’ve heard about in a long time. 
    Thank you.  We struggled trying to motivate him with English through lockdown, he seems bright (only 8 so who really knows at that age) but prefers running around being active and maths. 

This little story was the one piece of English work he seemed quite engaged with and proud of, so anything to keep him nudged along in the right direction.

We are lucky that a mum at the school is a hugely talented artist and a big fan of my son.
  • Options

Thank you.  We struggled trying to motivate him with English through lockdown, he seems bright (only 8 so who really knows at that age) but prefers running around being active and maths. 

This little story was the one piece of English work he seemed quite engaged with and proud of, so anything to keep him nudged along in the right direction.

We are lucky that a mum at the school is a hugely talented artist and a big fan of my son.
    You sound like wonderful parents.
  • Options
    Trebarwith Strand, sitting outside the pub, watching the sun go down, an awesome sight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I generally find that my level of nerves prior to a presentation directly correlates with how much preparation I've done for it.

I hate winging it, although somehow I managed to this consistently for 3 years at university. For work purposes though, i'll always spend the night before preparing.
  • Options
    I generally find that my level of nerves prior to a presentation directly correlates with how much preparation I've done for it.

I hate winging it, although somehow I managed to this consistently for 3 years at university. For work purposes though, i'll always spend the night before preparing.
    Yeah could well be because I know the last two times I've had a script prepared and ready if I've needed it - Need to stop thinking as well that someone is going to turn around and say: "FA, you dont have a clue what you're talking about" 
  • Options
    Dont think I'm ever going to truly enjoy hosting presentations, almost hate speaking in front of people.

Unfortunately running projects, leading on things is what my job is turning into now after the Company I work for got brought out - Has meant the last couple of months has seen me on endless Zoom calls, taking notes on what I need to be saying etc. was dreading my turn, despite largely enjoying the change in roles.

Ran my first "Kick-Off Meeting" two weeks ago, nerves got to me a little bit and for some blind stupid reason I deviated from the perfect script that I'd prepared for myself and was on the screen next to me.

Just had the second meeting with that Client and feel as though I absolutely smashed it out of the park!! - On proper cloud nine, as even having a casual chat with them before we started getting down to business just completely settled me.
    Good stuff. Stating the obvious here, but the more you do it the easier it becomes. You’ll soon be doing it without even thinking about it. The ‘getting to know your audience’ bit beforehand is a good move. 
  • Options

Yeah could well be because I know the last two times I've had a script prepared and ready if I've needed it - Need to stop thinking as well that someone is going to turn around and say: "FA, you dont have a clue what you're talking about" 
    That could be a good mantra for many:
    ”The real world is nothing like Charlton Life”!
  • Options
    Dont think I'm ever going to truly enjoy hosting presentations, almost hate speaking in front of people.

Unfortunately running projects, leading on things is what my job is turning into now after the Company I work for got brought out - Has meant the last couple of months has seen me on endless Zoom calls, taking notes on what I need to be saying etc. was dreading my turn, despite largely enjoying the change in roles.

Ran my first "Kick-Off Meeting" two weeks ago, nerves got to me a little bit and for some blind stupid reason I deviated from the perfect script that I'd prepared for myself and was on the screen next to me.

Just had the second meeting with that Client and feel as though I absolutely smashed it out of the park!! - On proper cloud nine, as even having a casual chat with them before we started getting down to business just completely settled me.
    Good stuff. Stating the obvious here, but the more you do it the easier it becomes. You’ll soon be doing it without even thinking about it. The ‘getting to know your audience’ bit beforehand is a good move. 
    I prepared for the first meeting by doing some vlogging that I uploaded to FaceBook when I was out doing some Photography - Again something else I've never really wanted to do as prefer being behind camera

Quite enjoyed it actually, and when I get myself more organised is something else I'll do on a regular basis where I can talk in front of the camera about something I really enjoy, as hope it'll then have a knock on effect when I'm doing it in a more Professional capacity at work.
  • Options

You mean like when you do the match previews?  ;)
  • Options

It was nice when he finally realised that he hadn't followed through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucking hell, this is a lovely thread to re-read from time to time 
  • Options
    My car passed it’s MOT and my wife managed to fill hers up with petrol in time to use it for our weekend away in Brighton.  
  • Options
    I just had a 'no wiper' bum sausage  B)

Just a bingo dab needed
  • Options
    Overnight work trip to Rotorua. Got to do 45 minute swim in a 50m outdoor heated public pool with almost no one else in the pool (win). It was late afternoon/early evening the sun was shining,  and it was calm and quiet. Enjoyed the walk to the pool from the hotel which took me through a park with natural hot pools, steam and  bubbling mud (win).  Burned off some calories (win) and managed to control my greed back at the hotel having the fish and market vegetables rather than burger and chips (win).
    Hope you don’t live in Auckland or Waikato KiwiValley 😀
  • Options
    Overnight work trip to Rotorua. Got to do 45 minute swim in a 50m outdoor heated public pool with almost no one else in the pool (win). It was late afternoon/early evening the sun was shining,  and it was calm and quiet. Enjoyed the walk to the pool from the hotel which took me through a park with natural hot pools, steam and  bubbling mud (win).  Burned off some calories (win) and managed to control my greed back at the hotel having the fish and market vegetables rather than burger and chips (win).
    Hope you don’t live in Auckland or Waikato KiwiValley 😀
     Nope - another win
  • Options
    What's wrong with Waikato?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Nothing wrong with Waikato, it’s just that a major part of the province has been added to Auckland as a high level risk of COVID and travel is restricted.  Had KiwiValley managed to travel to Rotorua from Auckland or Waikato unsanctioned he would have broken the law.

Much of Waikato’s COVID problem has been laid at the door of the gangs who apparently couldn’t give a stuff.