Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sean Clare - signed for Wigan on a 3 year deal (p30)

Comments

• Options
    Maybe not match fit, just an idea. Bit like JFC, save for next season.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    I also smile when people say we need a complete clear out but then name quite a few we have to keep. The side is almost there we need to sort out who is going to play as first choice among the three at the back, find a very attacking right wing back and get a very good midfielder to compliment Fraser and Dobson. They are the most pressing issues.

Talking of Fraser, what has happened to him ?
    Knee injury. 
  • Options
    That’s lovely @YTS1978! We saw you in the garden of the Oak pre-match - our friend suggested your boy should try and walk out with Dobson but seems Clare was the perfect match! 
  • Options
    One of the very few players I rated from this season. But if he was the worst I would wish him all the best.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Clare just about holds off CBT for 2nd place imo
    Other way round for me, but only just. 
  • Options
    That’s lovely @YTS1978! We saw you in the garden of the Oak pre-match - our friend suggested your boy should try and walk out with Dobson but seems Clare was the perfect match! 
    Ah yes! Unfortunately we didn't manage to catch Dobson post match, but we did meet TS, Mason Burstow, Bob Bolder, Big Mac and...Yann! I told your mate I was gonna stalk him lol. My boy is now Sean's biggest fan and said he was really nice. I've promised him I'll get Clare printed on the back of his kit 🙂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Ah yes! Unfortunately we didn't manage to catch Dobson post match, but we did meet TS, Mason Burstow, Bob Bolder, Big Mac and...Yann! I told your mate I was gonna stalk him lol. My boy is now Sean's biggest fan and said he was really nice. I've promised him I'll get Clare printed on the back of his kit 🙂
    I’m so envious of you meeting Yann. What a fab day for you and your son. 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I met Yann at an end of season dinner a few years back.  Chatted for ages and got a photo with him. 

Terrific bloke.  
  • Options
    Tracey said:
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    My son was a mascot at yesterday's game and walked out with Clare - who's now his favourite player, obviously. He drew this picture (my son, not Sean) to commemorate a fantastic day 🙂  one of the few success stories from this season and would be my runner up to Dobson as POTY. Good luck with the op Sean and thanks for making my little boys day so special
    Quoting myself, but I emailed the club earlier to say thanks for an amazing day on Saturday and asked if they would forward this pic to Sean. Thought it might put a smile on his face while he's going through a tough time. Dan replied immediately and cc'd Tracey asking her to forward it on, so hopefully this will get to him. COYA
    Just to let you know I have forwarded onto
    Sean. Lovely drawing and glad your son had a great day. 
    Thanks Tracey, that's great 🙂
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    stonemuse said:
    YTS1978 said:
    I met Yann at an end of season dinner a few years back.  Chatted for ages and got a photo with him. 

Terrific bloke.  
    A very nice chap and charming too. Made a real effort to chat to my little boy. He told him "next time I see you, you're going to out on that pitch playing for Charlton and scoring, okay?" I did get a picture but it's awful. Yann and my son look great, but I'm a quivering wreck haha! I won't be framing that one, but it was great to meet a genuine hero of mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    Proper decent guy- as ever all the best: 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Cracking photos.
    30 years supporting the club and Kermorgant is still my favourite Charlton player of all time (even other some of the prem lads). 
    I'm still not over it and I don't think I ever will be.
    I will always remember his hat-trick against us. I doubt any other opposing player will get clapped and appreciated for doing something similar. It was all the better that those idiots who were telling us he wasn't good enough were watching.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Haha...i was starstruck with Yann, could barely get my words out!  I'm nearly 44yrs old for gods sake 🤣😂🤣
    You may be in your 40s now, but you're still the Youth Trainee!
    :-)
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Cracking photos.
    30 years supporting the club and Kermorgant is still my favourite Charlton player of all time (even other some of the prem lads). 
    I'm still not over it and I don't think I ever will be.
    The "it was difficult to leave" comment when he was interviewed last week hurt.

• Options
    Wish him all the best, sister in law had one removed, about the size of a 10p coin at Blackheath hospital (around 25 years ago), you can hardly see the scar now.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    YTS1978 said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Haha...i was starstruck with Yann, could barely get my words out!  I'm nearly 44yrs old for gods sake 🤣😂🤣
    You may be in your 40s now, but you're still the Youth Trainee!
    :-)
    So true @Off_it haha!
  • Options
    Picked a good one to miss.