Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life is (nearly) fifteen years old!

Comments

• Options
    Joined 2007 having previously followed Frankie Valley. It's amazing to think that there was just one topic per day on there and a few people would reply. Charlton Life was different altogether loads of posts about anything and everything. Absolutely brilliant site that has become a big part of my life.

Ollie thread was my all time favourite. Sad so much of it has been lost.   
  • Options
    joined in Aug 2006 and would've visited every day since...
    Same for me and like some others switched from NetAddicks with the same username. Whether a roast was the final trigger for CL being formed I don’t know but I still enjoy one every Sunday, obviously not the same kind. Having worked for 7 banks/firms in that time, about the only constants in my life since aug 2006 have been my wife, family, home, Charlton Athletic and charltonlife. which I’ve visited 19,413 times apparently.
  • Options
    Not sure when i first joined as Bexley Dan but reckon it would have been circa 2006/7 maybe? I know i was posting when Semedo was playing coz i should have been playing and he should have been posting. Didn't post for a while then  couldn't remember my login details but felt the need to air some views under the Duchatalet debacle so started the name 'DOUCHER'. Many thanks to AFKA and LOOKOUT - its a great forum and the only one i post on and have ever posted on. Keep up the good work - lets hope the team can live up to its top forum in the next 15 years !!!  
  • Options
    August 2006, got fed up with 2 sheds and all the gold price chatter 😂😂😂 can we have a long service badge or member number 👀
  • Options
    August 2006, got fed up with 2 sheds and all the gold price chatter 😂😂😂 can we have a long service badge or member number 👀
    I remember thinking that you were 2Sheds after you joined.

I was paranoid after being on the site for only a week or so.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    joined in Aug 2006 and would've visited every day since...
    Ditto … Can still remember the day that @AFKABartram messaged me to say that he and @LoOkOuT had set up a new forum which wasn’t a rival to NetAddicks but they felt they needed something different. Not long after that NetAddicks closed down and all of the Silly Sausages  etc moved over to using Charlton Life. The last fifteen years have gone quickly and so much has changed. Lifelong friendships formed, marriages, families and above all, believe it or not, there has been some terrific banter and fun. Threads that stand out in my mind are @golfaddick and @Ketman love life and the Bray pre-season friendly where I was so drunk, I nearly sliced my Willy off whilst having a pee in a can on the way back into Dublin. So my message is thanks to Danny and Adam for providing a terrific service. I know that on occasions it’s been hard and you’ve probably questioned whether it’s been worth it. But trust me, it has. Keep up the good work and everyone … Be nice to each other. Being nice costs nothing and it makes the Charlton Life world a better place # AllLikesAndLaughsGreatlyReceived
    Is that why you're @_MrDick ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joined in 2010. Previously on BBC 606 and CharltonBabes. Posted as ExiledAddick on those but there was another one (still is) so decided to post as plain ol’ Rob.
    Generally love it on here (addictive) but it does have its dodgy moments which I’m learning to keep out of. 
  • Options
    Joined 2009 apparently. After a multi million pound transfer from Netaddicks. Before Charlton Life there was the the internet forum football team. I have a feeling that at one time we were called "Charlton United Net Team". Anyway, I digress. My favourite thread? The last two weeks of the takeover thread. They were crucial!
  • Options
    The needing to go thread was the best
    My arse twitches every time I go back to that thread in sympathy for all the stories of bowels letting go at inopportune times.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Was my first post that bad 😂
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Was my first post that bad 😂

• Options
    I can imagine a situation where a lifer suddenly realises his son was born on the exact same day Charltonlife officially started.

He shows the baby Charlton shirt photo along with a birth certificate, for valid proof of it.

The 2006 baby...who is now 15 years old, gets himself a season ticket and becomes a Charltonlife member. He/she starts a thread on the same day it's Charltonlifes 15th birthday, as well as there own.

Might go the extra mile and get "Charltonlife.com" tattooed on his back 😉

• Options
    Are Social Services aware of this @Dave2l?
  • Options
    2008. Reckon I'm in with a shout for being the longest serving Lincoln City fan on here. 
  • Options
    Dec 2006, was on Netaddicks with the same user name.

All these members getting messages from the management. The CL clique was there from the start.
  • Options
    August 2006 baby here.

This forum is the reason for so many lifelong friendships for me. HBD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joined in 2009 when the Club's Official Site stopped the comments section. It used to take ages for any comments to be approved and I remember thinking how fantastic this site was for being instant.

Congratulations to all involved you do a brilliant job.
  • Options
    I joined November 2006 but had to rejoin a couple years back as my account got locked and I think I registered with a uni email account that I couldn't get into.

Seem to remember a site called forever Charlton and think I found this place through a link from there.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    I joined November 2006 but had to rejoin a couple years back as my account got locked and I think I registered with a uni email account that I couldn't get into.

Seem to remember a site called forever Charlton and think I found this place through a link from there.
    Was it called Forever Addickted? I seem to remember that one. 

Thank you to those who run the site and make Charlton Life such a great forum!
  • Options
    bring back addickted.net i say, proper good banter when one of the posters slept with another's missus  :D
    As a mod at the time, and being friends with one, that was not fun!
  • Options
    bring back addickted.net i say, proper good banter when one of the posters slept with another's missus  :D
    That's the one I was thinking of! 
  • Options
    Good on yer Charlton life. You are certainly a part of mine.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Ross said:
    As a mod at the time, and being friends with one, that was not fun!
    Charlton Wife?
    Charlton hotwife?