Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life is (nearly) fifteen years old!

Comments

• ...still waiting for the CL pin badge though. 
    It'll be a long wait, mate. You needed to join in 2006. Sorry. :smiley:

• Joined in 2010. Always entertaining and informative. Thanks to all that have contributed.
  • I have just over 11,000 visits.
  • I’ve done 13 out of the 15 years, but was refused membership of the clique because I’m not tall enough. 
    Here’s to the next 15. 
  • I’ve done 13 out of the 15 years, but was refused membership of the clique because I’m not tall enough
    Here’s to the next 15. 
    You mean you're even shorter than AFKA .....???  :open_mouth:

• Our record v millwall was marginally better when this forum started.
  • It's interesting to read a few of the blogs from the early days of the site. Some of the comments have not worn well.
  • Sponsored links:

• I joined in Jan 2007 after switching from Netaddicks. I’m a bit of an old fart and don’t do social media apart from this site but this is enough for me. Already knew a lot of people on here but have made some good friends since.
  • I joined in Jan 2007 after switching from Netaddicks. I’m a bit of an old fart and don’t do social media apart from this site but this is enough for me. Already knew a lot of people on here but have made some good friends since.
    I knew from the moment I met you we were kindred, both with equally puerile, disgusting senses of humour and both have massive chods
  • Carter said:
    I joined in Jan 2007 after switching from Netaddicks. I’m a bit of an old fart and don’t do social media apart from this site but this is enough for me. Already knew a lot of people on here but have made some good friends since.
    I knew from the moment I met you we were kindred, both with equally puerile, disgusting senses of humour and both have massive chods
    A pair of wrong uns mate 😂😂
  • @AndyG i was convinced you were a non-fan when you joined and assumed you were someone who had crossed paths/ been wronged by Southall. 

We had a number of northern based posters join over a few months all wanting to post disparaging comments about either Southall or Farrell / Nimer. Won’t say where you are based but you also fitted that profile particularly as you seemed obsessed with Southall and I could trace no Charlton / SE London link to you.

Many Apologies if I got you wrong. 

• I joined up when we lost to Wycombe in the league cup QF in Dec 2006. Thought I was late to the party back then.

Gave me one of the best ever Charlton days when I got to play for a winning team at The Valley. 

Took a sabbatical for a while after I started a Pardew out thread when we got hammered at home v Colchester. Was I right or was I wrong?

Love all the good this forum has done regarding shirt sponsorship,  the Upbeats,  standing up to Duchatelet and many other worthy causes. 

Sincere thanks to AFKA, Lookie and all the mods - well, most of them 😉
    The Mods have had their day now we’ve got a Rocker in charge of the club…
  • Thanks to all who run and contribute to this great site. I joined a couple of years after I moved away from SE3 and it's been a brilliant way to still feel part of the Charlton community from afar. Much appreciated!
  • Just think if it wasn't for Charltonlife I'd of not met @ElfsborgAddick.
    Cheers Charltonlife 
  • Sponsored links:

• I was the Mightyath on Netaddicks, then came over here at the Mightyath, then somehow screwed up my password and the Mightyath2 was born! 

I read more than I write, but it’s always been a go-to site, especially in recent times when it wasn’t clear if we’d even have a club to support! 

Here’s to many more years! 
  • clb74 said:
    Just think if it wasn't for Charltonlife I'd of not met @ElfsborgAddick.
    Cheers Charltonlife 

I agree that it has made you a better person.
  • Shag said:
    Joined from netaddicks aug 2006 also, met some proper decent Charlton through this site and slept with prob 70/80% of the birds on here
    hats off to @AFKABartramand @LoOkOuT long may it reign
    Oh sweet lover!  You helped me through my transition...  mwwwwahh!
  • PWOR
    About time it got toilet trained and stopped pissing itself the second anything happens/doesn’t happen precisely to some half cocked fanciful fairy tale notion 
    💦💦💦
  • Shag said:
    Joined from netaddicks aug 2006 also, met some proper decent Charlton through this site and slept with prob 70/80% of the birds on here
    This did make me laugh... you need to get back posting more!
  • Curb_It said:
    Shag said:
    This did make me laugh... you need to get back posting more!
    Now we wonder if the 20% told him to f off or they are still waiting 
  • The takeover thread is obviously the one that most remember. But I also appreciate the TV and film threads on here, I've watched a lot that I wouldn't have bothered with.
    Appreciate all of it.
    Just would like people to be less judgmental in general.