Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life is (nearly) fifteen years old!

Comments

• Options
    You’re not proper Charlton unless you joined up in 2006 😉

Met my wife because of this site so I guess I owe @AFKABartram & @LoOkOuT ‘a huge thank you’ 😳
    Didn’t know CL was affiliated to Tinder 😉 
  • Options
    SID said:
    You’re not proper Charlton unless you joined up in 2006 😉

Met my wife because of this site so I guess I owe @AFKABartram & @LoOkOuT ‘a huge thank you’ 😳
    Didn’t know CL was affiliated to Tinder 😉 

"Charlton single club life"

Potential name of the dating app?

Dragons den material
  • Options
    Is it really 15 years?!

I am another recruited from Netaddicks at or close to the beginning of Charlton Life in 2006.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    I joined November 2006 but had to rejoin a couple years back as my account got locked and I think I registered with a uni email account that I couldn't get into.

Seem to remember a site called forever Charlton and think I found this place through a link from there.
    Was it called Forever Addickted? I seem to remember that one. 

Thank you to those who run the site and make Charlton Life such a great forum!

Not 100% sure other than the Forever part. It used to have links to Charlton blogs and stuff, a bit like NewsNow but the content was actually worth reading more often than not.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    I joined November 2006 but had to rejoin a couple years back as my account got locked and I think I registered with a uni email account that I couldn't get into.

Seem to remember a site called forever Charlton and think I found this place through a link from there.

Not 100% sure other than the Forever part. It used to have links to Charlton blogs and stuff, a bit like NewsNow but the content was actually worth reading more often than not.
    Forever Charlton? I assume it's this one though I hadn't looked on it in years.

https://forevercharlton.net
  • Options
    Long live Charlton Life!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Jac_52 said:

Forever Charlton? I assume it's this one though I hadn't looked on it in years.

https://forevercharlton.net

Nice probably is that one! Had no idea it was still running.
  • Options
    Thanks to AFKABartram, LoOkOut and all others making this such a great website.  Entertaining, informative, thought provoking at times, it’s got everything.  I Joined in 2016 and have visited about 6,000 times which sounds about right although I was a visitor long before that.  I gave up on the official web site long ago.

If I had to pick a golden moment it would be seeing the Liar banner for the first time.  Thought it was brilliant and so so appropriate.

Ive several favourite posters and posts of course but the pre-match information is unmissable and I enjoy the after-match comments when we win, and all the match statistics when the marks are assembled. After match articles by FF give me the warm fuzzies and soapy-Jones always brings a smile, sometimes a laugh.

ive only ever had one post deleted that I know of and that was my name suggestion for Harry and Megan’s unborn baby.  I’ve no regrets.

Thanks all.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Ross said:
    bring back addickted.net i say, proper good banter when one of the posters slept with another's missus  :D
    As a mod at the time, and being friends with one, that was not fun!
    Charlton Wife?
    Into The Valley 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    bring back addickted.net i say, proper good banter when one of the posters slept with another's missus  :D
    I don't remember this one, who was it? 🤣

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Ross said:

Text inbound
  • Options
    Ross said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Ross said:

Text inbound
    did they kiss and make up in the end? We need closure!
  • Options
    Was there a barney on day 1.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Joined July 2009, it's been literally a life saver for me! Somehow I got into doing the match threads for all the home and away games, which I thoroughly enjoyed doing, then in Dec 2014 I was admitted to hospital not knowing I was close to death. 
    By this time T.C.E had become a good friend through our joint love of GSD's and it's thanks to him, for reporting the situation with my heart on here, as things were not going well for me in hospital, in fact the treatment wasn't working.
    It was at that point Mrs RM, who had been contacted by @TCE, told me to open up CL to see all the messages of goodwill and people, none of who I knew in person, willing and praying for me to get better, it gave me a renewed fight to survive. So YES you helped to save my life and for that I will be eternally grateful! I still visit that thread on a regular basis as it reminds me of the special community that CL is, for obvious reasons that is one thread I would like to see in the collection, it shows what can be done in the face of adversity!
    Thank you CL, just thank you!
    A very special mention to @AFKABartram, @LoOkOuT and of course @TCE.
    My sincere thanks for my life.
    The match threads are in great hands and I can now enjoy reading them and chilling ( not much if we're losing!)

Feck me, he said again!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where's my lawyer. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the flags never lasted 15 years,mine were taken away from me without explanation,outrageous!!!!! No wonder Lyle is stalling on his return
    We should have a survey as to whether you should have kept your flags 😉
  • Options
    Ross said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Ross said:

Text inbound
    Don't remember that but there were some good people on addicted. Not a patch on this place for news and number of members 
  • Options
    Joined in 2020. Entertaining, and hilarious in equal measure.

Thanks all. Here is to another 15 at least.
  • Options
    Easily the best website on the internet. It ticks all the boxes from Charlton to hair highlights.

I would love a 15 year anniversary awards.
  • Options
    Easily the best website on the internet. It ticks all the boxes from Charlton to hair highlights.

I would love a 15 year anniversary awards.
    There you are ValleyGary, you "coach" children near Dartford and never actually go to The Valley. And you are the first to pipe up with your ignorant bile - kill Communists, hang out the St George's flag, and shoot anyone who talks to your disabled mother. You are an idiot.
    😂😂😂😂 classic. 

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Can we get an official t-shirt for 15 yrs CL?
  • Options
    After a protracted period of negotiation Mino Raiola finally got the deal over the line and I joined from Netaddicks in Oct 2007.

The ratio of absolute, nasty idiots and wum's to lovely, genuine, people on this site is tiny. Sometimes I need to remember that not everyone is like [edited] and focus on the great people that make this forum the best around.

• Options
    ...still waiting for the CL pin badge though.