Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Training Day - Your Views

edited July 2021 in General Charlton
I think it'd be really interesting to see and (non verbally) hear in one place, what people thought of the open training session today. 

If you went to the Pardew one, how does this compare?

What did you think of the players on show?

Any other views on it?

P.s Not this one:
 Training Day GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:

Who said we are short of players, bloody dozens of them..... 

• The crowd looks very small
  • mart77 said:
    The crowd looks very small
    Danger of it being a work day I guess. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mart77 said:
    The crowd looks very small
    Danger of it being a work day I guess. 
    School holidays though, so I thought it would be better.
  • Southbank said:
    Is Schwarz 'running around'?
     Allegedly so. He appears to have shaved his hair too!
  • @Athletico Charlton
    Any chance of a pic of the "crowd" assume it's west stand only? Forcing you all to look upon the Alan Curbishley East Stand. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    @Athletico Charlton
    Any chance of a pic of the "crowd" assume it's west stand only? Forcing you all to look upon the Alan Curbishley East Stand. 
    What do you mean FORCING?

The Alan Curbishley Stand (or East Stand as I'll always know it as) is the best one in the Stadium!!
    I love sitting behind/beside the home dug outs when I come to the Valley. Now Andy Marshall has left, I suspect there will be far fewer profanities. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @Athletico Charlton

The Alan Curbishley Stand (or East Stand as I'll always know it as) is the best one in the Stadium!!
    I love sitting behind/beside the home dug outs when I come to the Valley. Now Andy Marshall has left, I suspect there will be far fewer profanities. 
    Only sections I've not sat in are the West Upper and the two Quadrants

North you get a great atmosphere, West you get decent leg room.

East though was where I saw my first games with a friend of my Dads, along with school tickets etc. so was always getting my S/T there :)
  • I am there.  The talk with Curbs was excellent and Nige joined.  Enjoying the training as is my lad.  Way more people than I expected which is good.  It is decent value imo for a morning out with my boy.
    Nige in good spirits?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @Athletico Charlton

Only sections I've not sat in are the West Upper and the two Quadrants

North you get a great atmosphere, West you get decent leg room.

East though was where I saw my first games with a friend of my Dads, along with school tickets etc. so was always getting my S/T there :)
    I was in the olde north stand diagonally behind the goal in my younger days, then north upper, J block.

I quite like the quadrants for a good angle and being near the atmosphere without the swearing, but really love being around that half way line. 
  • That'll be what the 3 managers have seen in training that stops them from picking him then 😂
  • I am there.  The talk with Curbs was excellent and Nige joined.  Enjoying the training as is my lad.  Way more people than I expected which is good.  It is decent value imo for a morning out with my boy.
    How’s NA coming across Athletico? 
  • Croydon said:
    That'll be what the 3 managers have seen in training that stops them from picking him then 😂
    I did ask Matt Jones if he was joking when he posted that...

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    I am there.  The talk with Curbs was excellent and Nige joined.  Enjoying the training as is my lad.  Way more people than I expected which is good.  It is decent value imo for a morning out with my boy.
    Roughly how many were there?
    It looks like more players than fans.
    Schwarz looked like the last one out of the tunnel, head down looking at the floor, with a "I really don't want to be here look about him".
  • T_C_E said:
    If anyone trod in dog**** Bowyer sends his apologies. ;)

Looks like he has single-handedly shutdown the training session
  • Scoham said:
    Suggests we won’t be bringing in that sort of player to play ahead of him.

Will be interesting to see how he does this season under NAs management compared to Bowyers. Got a good feeling he’ll push on as he’ll get a run of games and the shirt number shows there's faith in him. I don’t see NA focussing so much on his weaknesses or dropping him as often for defensive errors. 

Feels like he’s a player that could really benefit from NAs positivity over Bowyers “if it worked for me it’ll work for you” approach. Bowyer was always bringing up the time George Graham dropped him, but they’re different players in different times, playing at different levels.
    I don't we it was likley that would bring in a starting player as a "10" like Fraser or the Welsh marmite types.  Maybe as a plan C or D.  I think Adkins currently prefers a more physical presents there.  Clare was the most advanced of the 3 against Palace.

Big season for Albie, not only to nail down the shirt, but more so in defining a position or role that he can call his own.