Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham v Charlton: Pre-Season Friendly (KO delayed til 4pm)

Comments

• Options
    a very decent performance however, we didn't have a single shot on target. Sean Clare didn't impress. Famewo was great.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Pending any new signings this week, I reckon today's starting line up will be the same next Saturday, v Sheff Weds.

I wouldn't be surprised if Innis misses out - too soon for a full 90 mins or he has a bad reaction during training. 
    I saw no reason for Innis to miss out next Saturday. He managed a very good 65 minutes today. Was sprinting in all directions and tackling well.
  • Options
    Thought Clare had a great game.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We won’t get 5 loans before next Saturday….maybe before the window shuts 
    I doubt we will get 5 more, unless we confirm Famewo as a perm. 
    Good point, I'd forgotten famewo was a loan.

@Elthamaddick yeah, I make you right I guess, maybe before Saturday is a big ask.
  • Options
    Well, I'm quite positive about the coming season after watching that. 

DJ looks to be a major handful and will hopefully carve open plenty of defences in our league. I agree that we will miss Chuks big time and we need a replacement for him in particular.

Undoubtedly we will strengthen more and the new players really need to be first choice rather than squad players but the new signings look good additions.

I have been known to be wrong before however.
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing how we do against opposition at the same level as us.

Thank god it's only another week.
  • Options
    Agreed, the body language is terrible when you compare him to JFC, someone out for the next 5 months or so

Good to see AMB back too, are Olympians exempt from the normal Covid quarantine rules, as they've been in a bubble?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree on Famwoe. Personally I think that is wht it's a loan with an option to buy. He obviously wants to be here but maybe he wont want too if we dont get promoted and he can see we are on the move upwards. Imo he will be playing in the premiership in a few years with or without us the bloke is class
  • Options
    How did Clayden do when he came on?
  • Options
    I know we had Stockley from the 2nd half of last season, but I reckon he will , if he stays fit score more than Chuks did from now till Christmas, and potentially create more chances for others, purely because he’s spending more minutes on the pitch and having a bigger impact on the game.

You think Stockley will score 15 in 23?
  • Options
    How did Clayden do when he came on?
    was marked by 2 players so not much. Got through once but his cross was too low and headed clear.
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    Me too, except for a short spell where he gave the ball away and missed a tackle. Both he and Dobson are a bit more energetic and pacy than Watson and Pratley. 
  • Options
    se9addick said: thanks 
    I know we had Stockley from the 2nd half of last season, but I reckon he will , if he stays fit score more than Chuks did from now till Christmas, and potentially create more chances for others, purely because he’s spending more minutes on the pitch and having a bigger impact on the game.

You think Stockley will score 15 in 23?
    Sorry maybe I didn’t make myself clear, I don’t know how many goals Chuks scored from now till Christmas ( I doubt  it was 15) but I think Stockley will score more than Chuks did for us in the same time period, from now till Christmas.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    RedJohn said:
    Me too, except for a short spell where he gave the ball away and missed a tackle. Both he and Dobson are a bit more energetic and pacy than Watson and Pratley. 
    Agreed although  he should’ve scored when DJ laid it back to him in the box but blazed it over when it was 0-0.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I know you guys think Stockley is great but to me he is still showing donkey like tendencies, Ok he can head the ball and it is useful when we defend corners but so far in these friendlies he has left a lot to be desired as our main striker.

My fear is that if he is our main striker then he wont score enough to get us promoted. Usually with a big man up top you'd have someone playing off him or as part of a traditional front 2. Currently we have neither. Imo we still dont have a "main striker" and the fact that Schwartz has not had 1 second of a pre season game means it's even more likely he wont be featuring much, if at all, this season. That then leaves us with Washington (currently being played wide) and Davison (no experience or scoring record) to score the goals.

Nope. Just not working for me.

I will hold my hands up to say I've seen very little of us this pre-season and everyone is saying how good we look, especially in midfield. Unfortunately though that just seems to have shifted to problem from being a passing sideways team to a team with no end product.  

Big debate on the rumours thread earlier about "who is going to score the goals" and I purposely didnt join in as I've said it all too often. 

I've been told to wait a month until the transfer window closes so that I'll do.

Agree completely. We didn't have enough goals in the side last year and we have less now.
    Only 4 teams scored more than us last season...... 
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I know you guys think Stockley is great but to me he is still showing donkey like tendencies, Ok he can head the ball and it is useful when we defend corners but so far in these friendlies he has left a lot to be desired as our main striker.

My fear is that if he is our main striker then he wont score enough to get us promoted. Usually with a big man up top you'd have someone playing off him or as part of a traditional front 2. Currently we have neither. Imo we still dont have a "main striker" and the fact that Schwartz has not had 1 second of a pre season game means it's even more likely he wont be featuring much, if at all, this season. That then leaves us with Washington (currently being played wide) and Davison (no experience or scoring record) to score the goals.

Nope. Just not working for me.

I will hold my hands up to say I've seen very little of us this pre-season and everyone is saying how good we look, especially in midfield. Unfortunately though that just seems to have shifted to problem from being a passing sideways team to a team with no end product.  

Big debate on the rumours thread earlier about "who is going to score the goals" and I purposely didnt join in as I've said it all too often. 

I've been told to wait a month until the transfer window closes so that I'll do.

Agree completely. We didn't have enough goals in the side last year and we have less now.
    Only 4 teams scored more than us last season...... 
    Last season we were 5th in goals scored and 10th in goals conceded.
    Only three teams scored more than us?

Hull (80) | Peterborough (83) | Oxford (77) | Charlton and Sunderland (70)

Unless we're counting goals scored in the Play-Offs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    RedJohn said:
    Agreed although  he should’ve scored when DJ laid it back to him in the box but blazed it over when it was 0-0.

He should have hit the target I'd say but it was hardly a sitter.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Jac_52 said:
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    RedJohn said:

You mean he should’ve worked the keeper, nah I beg to differ he should’ve buried it from 15 yards😉 And his reaction said so.
  • Options
    Strange we've decided Famewo won't be coming to us and that he's too good for L1 before L1 21/22 has even begun. 

Never understood why people bother to over analyse friendlies.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Jac_52 said:
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    RedJohn said:

You mean he should’ve worked the keeper, nah I beg to differ he should’ve buried it from 15 yards😉 And his reaction said so.

Haha no way. His reaction was clearly one of "I should have got that shot on target there and maybe scored" then he gave a look of "And if anyone thinks I should have definitely buried that then they are wrong, good day sirs". That's how I saw it anyway.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Strange we've decided Famewo won't be coming to us and that he's too good for L1 before L1 21/22 has even begun. 

Never understood why people bother to over analyse friendlies.
    I assume that opinion was based on last season, I think most rate him quite highly and would like the move to become permanent.
  • Options
    I know I’ve mentioned it before but Ronnie really hasn’t been Tommy’s finest hour. Rapidly reaching Polish Pete levels of financial wastage. Imagine if we had the money we spent on him now instead 
  • Options
    Also, Sandgaard seemed to really enjoy the back and forth with the fans. Maybe even quite surprised by how vocal the support was. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Also, Sandgaard seemed to really enjoy the back and forth with the fans. Maybe even quite surprised by how vocal the support was. 
    That's his Charlton themed rock album confirmed then ;)