Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford United [A] Match tickets to go on sale

Comments

• Options
    Out of interest, why would they not sell tickets on the door for a match that isn’t sold out?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Out of interest, why would they not sell tickets on the door for a match that isn’t sold out?
    Perhaps home areas are nearly sold out or they do know how many away fans will turn up without tickets.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Because 2 or 3 times the number of Charlton fans would turn up than there are available tickets. It’s not that far away and there’s enough Charlton fans already going to make it very noisy that there will be ticketless fans on the day that would wake and think they’d want to go and be part of it.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    se9addick said:
    Because 2 or 3 times the number of Charlton fans would turn up than there are available tickets. It’s not that far away and there’s enough Charlton fans already going to make it very noisy that there will be ticketless fans on the day that would wake and think they’d want to go and be part of it.
    Seriously?

We've sold about 1300 tickets in 2 weeks, but with 400 or so tickets left you think another 800-1200 ticketless fans might turn up on the day?
  • Options
    Just under 3hrs left to buy.

388 left 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Seriously?

We've sold about 1300 tickets in 2 weeks, but with 400 or so tickets left you think another 800-1200 ticketless fans might turn up on the day?
    The sale of the tickets started late and was then IMO mismanaged by that phased rollout. It doesn’t mean there Wouldn’t have been the demand to go. What football fan doesn’t wake up on a Saturday morning and think is it too late to go ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Seriously?

The sale of the tickets started late and was then IMO mismanaged by that phased rollout. It doesn’t mean there Wouldn’t have been the demand to go. What football fan doesn’t wake up on a Saturday morning and think is it too late to go ?
    Especially, when it’s a game in which a larger percentage of people will drive. Much easier to make a last decision when your mate has a spare space in the car. Expecting a large walk-up for MK on Tuesday for that exact reason.
  • Options
    clive said:
    543 tickets remain - only 6 sold in the last hour, i would advise anybody who wants a ticket to buy it today as the ticket office is closed tomorrow for in-person sales & closed on Thursday, except for online sales & there are problems with postal deliveries in some areas.
    I think they take tickets bought at the last minute up in the team coach, and leave them for collection at the stadium. Worked that way for me once, up at Rochdale or somewhere. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    clive said:
    543 tickets remain - only 6 sold in the last hour, i would advise anybody who wants a ticket to buy it today as the ticket office is closed tomorrow for in-person sales & closed on Thursday, except for online sales & there are problems with postal deliveries in some areas.
    I think they take tickets bought at the last minute up in the team coach, and leave them for collection at the stadium. Worked that way for me once, up at Rochdale or somewhere. 
    More likely comms staff or Chris Parkes will take them. Staff at The Valley will take time to reconcile the sale with remaining tickets etc.

In practice Oxford may well sell on the day anyway. What they won’t want to do is encourage an unknown number to turn up in case it exceeds supply. It’s very rare in my experience that clubs won’t sell tickets if there is spare capacity, unless there is a segregation issue.

It’s will be quite surprising if we end up selling more for the midweek game at MKD and does beg a few questions.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't think the 'maybes' are convinced we have the team to go away and win yet - give it a few weeks and i reckon the bandwagon will start gathering size 
  • Options
    20 mins to go.

just 12 sold this morning!
    a good number…12 angry men or a dirty dozen is what you need to get the right result 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    clive said:
    More likely comms staff or Chris Parkes will take them. Staff at The Valley will take time to reconcile the sale with remaining tickets etc.

In practice Oxford may well sell on the day anyway. What they won’t want to do is encourage an unknown number to turn up in case it exceeds supply. It’s very rare in my experience that clubs won’t sell tickets if there is spare capacity, unless there is a segregation issue.

It’s will be quite surprising if we end up selling more for the midweek game at MKD and does beg a few questions.

I can only think it’s a case of apathy following the break + holiday season has led to it. Before Covid out away followings had really been building and were were pretty consistent at 2k numbers at the likes Peterborough, Oxford, Portsmouth etc distances 
  • Options
    Prior to lockdown we had two previous sets of owners that a lot of fans despised. Is it possible (individuals’ budgets constraints considered) that those that did not want to line RD and ESI with a penny moved to away games only, some of which have re-directed their spend back to home games now that TS owns us? It could count for a few hundred possibly?

I also know loads of people that have been away for predominantly UK holidays over the last three weeks, so have not been around to attend games (other clubs than ours admittedly, but same rules apply).

Finally, I am sure that 1300 or so will make themselves heard and the team will know that we are there. Cannot wait.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Don't think the 'maybes' are convinced we have the team to go away and win yet - give it a few weeks and i reckon the bandwagon will start gathering size 
    Bit shit if that is the reason for people not to go. I understand not everyone can afford it atm, but to not go just because you’re not sure if we’ll win is poor.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    clive said:

I can only think it’s a case of apathy following the break + holiday season has led to it. Before Covid out away followings had really been building and were were pretty consistent at 2k numbers at the likes Peterborough, Oxford, Portsmouth etc distances 
    First real test will be Wycombe in September. A couple of good performances and it’s the type of match we should be selling out. We could be bottom of the league and both Lincoln and Gillingham will be sold out.
  • Options
    Fans also need to realise that there’s a few games in this division they might want to go to (Wimbledon for instance) where they are not going to have a hope of getting tickets if they are not building up enough points. Not taking advantage of an easier trip like Oxford makes little sense.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    It's also one of the worst, out of town away days and the beer/food area's one of the most crammed, super-spreading concourses in the country.

It says a lot when MK Dons is considered more attractive.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    It's also one of the worst, out of town away days and the beer/food area's one of the most crammed, super-spreading concourses in the country.

It says a lot when MK Dons is considered more attractive.
    I thought it’s one of the best. Loads of great pubs in and around Oxford before and after the game and wasn’t too difficult to stumble across a pub when you leave the stadium to take in a couple of refreshments whilst you wait for a taxi to pick you up to go to the next one 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Bit shit if that is the reason for people not to go. I understand not everyone can afford it atm, but to not go just because you’re not sure if we’ll win is poor.
    maybe but it is and always has been a big factor - i'm an away glory boy these days whereas i have had seasons where i've gone come what may 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I quite like Oxford away . 
    Sure the ground is a soulless concrete three sided hovel but it’s nice and easy to drive to. There’s a small retail park next door where you can have a meal and a drink and it’s easy to park . 
    I’ll be there tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited August 2021

The Blackbird is home fans only and the others two pubs are 15 minutes from the ground. J's appears to be hidden inside the cinema and seems like home only, which is why I guess everyone's ended up in a bowling alley for my 3 visits.

Playing some bowling afterwards would admittedly avoid the 45+ minute queue for a bus. I'd say only Bolton's as crap an away day in this division.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

The Blackbird is home fans only and the others two pubs are 15 minutes from the ground. J's appears to be hidden inside the cinema and seems like home only, which is why I guess everyone's ended up in a bowling alley for my 3 visits.

Playing some bowling afterwards would admittedly avoid the 45+ minute queue for a bus.
    Went to J's last time in 18/19 no bother even in colours
  • Options
    Going to this game because even at a 200 + mile round trip it is the 2nd nearest game to me this season. After 18 months of not attending games I’m really looking forward to it. I suspect that if we had signed Kirk last Monday we could have stuck a few hundred more on the away attendance.  
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    RedPanda said:

Playing some bowling afterwards would admittedly avoid the 45+ minute queue for a bus. I'd say only Bolton's as crap an away day in this division.
    I quite enjoyed Bolton. Had a good time in the beehive before and after when I went. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

If you travel by train, although normally full of tourists, the  historic city centre has plenty of pubs to choose from.
    Horwich [Bolton] is a characterless area with nearly all pubs/bars home supporters only & a very infrequent rail to service to either Preston or Manchester.
  • Options
    Was due to work an OOH job this weekend that got cancelled.
    Is it possible to get a ticket by calling or no chance now?

• Options
    Was due to work an OOH job this weekend that got cancelled.
    Is it possible to get a ticket by calling or no chance now?

Sure they can sort something out, give them a call