Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    Everyone has always said that he is a good player, for whatever reason at the moment it just didnt work out for him with us. Critchley has known the lad since he was 12 so he should know how to get the best out of him. As I have said before for once I'm actually itk as a lad that works for me went right through Crewes youth system with Kirk and he told me when we signed him that he can be brilliant but when things are not going well his head drops and he wont fight for the team unless he is managed in the right way. Critchley obviously feels he can do this. Good luck to Charlie and sorry it didnt work out this time mate
  • Options
    As Critchley says "he's an intelligent footballer", no wonder he didn't fit in with our brain dead squad. I had a similar conversation with my son, as I thought his movement of the ball and into space was very good, unfortunately he was never picked out for a pass. My son concluded he was just shite, will be interesting to see how it turns out.
  • Options
    barely seen any of him to really comment - what I did see didn't make me sit up and take notice.

best of luck to him, wrong time / wrong place with us clearly.

I don't expect to see him back and we move on
  • Options
    Wonder if the option to buy is at a loss or a profit.

Hope he does well there, and either comes back in more form or at least gets money back in for a replacement if they do take up the option.
    I would assume it’s at a (moderate) profit. When we signed him he was a young player who had done well in League One. If he does well at Blackpool, and thus they want to activate their option, he’ll be a young player that has done well in the Championship. 
  • Options
    His form with us has been poor, however he was never given a decent run in the team to improve it.
  • Options
    The big signing from the January window last year was Schwartz  - big error

The big signing from the summer window was Kirk - big error

If this is all to do with Roddy with then at least he has been sent packing, but it does question TS judgement in picking him in the first place.

If is nothing or not all to do with Roddy then this shows cleary why we are failing so badly at presnat and very little will change in terms of getting out of the division the right way until some serious changes are made. Just appoint the right manager who has the staff including they chief scout the want.

Stick black boxes and scouts/analysts in Australia in the bin until you are a lot further up the football pyramid. 
  • Options
    Wonder how it would have gone for him here if we hadn't tried getting him cheaper last Jan.

Ah well...

Moved away from club and home for the first time during a difficult personal point, not a massive surprise it hasn't worked.

Good luck to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

If this is all to do with Roddy with then at least he has been sent packing, but it does question TS judgement in picking him in the first place.

If is nothing or not all to do with Roddy then this shows cleary why we are failing so badly at presnat and very little will change in terms of getting out of the division the right way until some serious changes are made. Just appoint the right manager who has the staff including they chief scout the want.

Stick black boxes and scouts/analysts in Australia in the bin until you are a lot further up the football pyramid. 
    Schwartz was an error in hindsight but I think on paper signing the top scorer in Denmark to play in league one was a fair enough call. Didn't help appointing a manager that only wanted one up front, he was never going to fit in. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Looked awful every time he played for us, so feel like the majority of people annoyed at his leaving are just using it to push their 'club is a mess' narrative.

We played him out of position sure, but he offered absolutely nothing when he played. Only have to look at previous comments on this thread to see that.

Maybe he'll go on to be great at Blackpool, but that can happen in football. Doesn't mean we should persevere with him when it clearly isn't working.
    He’s a young player who we have a four year contract just six months ago - surely he’s worth persevering with for more that a dozen or so matches?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

I get that with both....but were we all saying that at the time.

hindsight is a wonderful thing
  • Options
    As for Kirk it's very disappointing it hasn't worked out but I'm not sure why anyone would be bothered he's gone. Done about as little as any Charlton player I can think of in his minutes on the pitch. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Croydon said:
    Looked awful every time he played for us, so feel like the majority of people annoyed at his leaving are just using it to push their 'club is a mess' narrative.

We played him out of position sure, but he offered absolutely nothing when he played. Only have to look at previous comments on this thread to see that.

Maybe he'll go on to be great at Blackpool, but that can happen in football. Doesn't mean we should persevere with him when it clearly isn't working.
    He’s a young player who we have a four year contract just six months ago - surely he’s worth persevering with for more that a dozen or so matches?
    we don't know what he's looked like in training. Have to assume he's been poor there too as he's not even making the bench every match.
  • Options
    Such a weird trade for us. Spend ages chasing him, get him for 500k, barely plays and when he does doesn't really perform, next window he's off to a higher league on a Loan -> Buy.

Wish Kirk all the best, seems a decent and talented player, and I know we've had a change of manager and Kirk really doesn't seem to fit into JJ's style of play or formation. If we make say 10 or 20% on what we paid for him then financially speaking it could be seen as good business... But it seems like such a waste of time and energy for Gallen et al when our Summer window was relatively poor - could those finances and time not have been put to better use?! Surely this would be irritating to the recruitment team who spent valuable, limited resources on his purchase? 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

I get that with both....but were we all saying that at the time.

hindsight is a wonderful thing
    To be fair we aren't professionals. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He got opportunities to play in his preferred position under Adkins and showed nothing.

Doesn’t mean he’s a bad player. The move will probably do wonders for him and Blackpool get the player we scouted. And that doesn’t even mean he would be turning it on here.

Sometimes players and clubs just aren’t the right fit. Footballers are human, they’re not robots.
    Exactly, and to at least admit that, move on and (if he goes permanently) use the money to try again quickly is sensible when it's clear it's not working.
  • Options
    Cant comment on the personal circumstances but it has been obvious since the early days that this wasn’t going to work out. From the little I saw of him I cant see him pulling up any trees but I defer to those professionals who will now be looking after him. One way or another this was a disastrously bad piece of recruitment. At best, we bought a square peg for a round hole and, don’t forget, this was our marquee signing.  Good luck Charlie. I hope you prosper even though I won’t be holding my breath. 
  • Options
    I would think the club would be pleased to offset some of the fee. Not sure they are in a strong position to make a profit.
  • Options
    we all know, or at least have a nasty feeling, that he'll be a big success at Blackpool
  • Options
    I'd rather he's a success there than a failure here 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I'd rather he's a success there than a failure here 
    I suppose so.