Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    Deserved. He is not putting in the basic work and earning handsomely. 
  • Options
    Well his absence tonight not only from the starting 11, but from the subs bench as well, surely tells its own story.

This must be the end for him at Charlton. It will be he best for him and the club . I just hope he and the club can come to some agreement about him moving on.
    it’ll be the end until he returns from a disappointing loan in the summer and we have a new manager willing to give him a go 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    So what's CBT's excuses for the past 2 games? He touched the ball 7 times in 45 minutes yesterday 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Or we end up sending him on loan, pay his wages with the hope to claim a fee in Summer. 

Some great options here :/
    Gotta find someone desperate enough to want him, did anyone come in for him in the summer ? Wages will be the problem I expect.
    It's an absolute miracle we managed to offload Stockley in similar circumstances. 
  • Options
    Any reason Kirk wears pink boots?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Any reason Kirk wears pink boots?
    Keep his feet warm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I can’t think of a Charlton player who  has played more than a dozen games  who would have a lower average player mark than Kirk. 
     Two goals away at Burton  is just about the total of his Charlton achievements in over 30 appearances.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    mendonca said:
    So what's CBT's excuses for the past 2 games? He touched the ball 7 times in 45 minutes yesterday 
    Saw you gave CBT 0.5 in the player scores for last night.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    “I think the honest conversation that Charlie and myself had is that he probably needs a fresh hair transplant.”
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    "What I would say is whether it is Kirky or Chem (Campbell) coming on today – whoever it may be – from an attitude point of view they have been absolutely different class. They are asking questions of the players in the 11 straight away.”

Does anyone else feel confused by this, given his past quotes and who he has dropped...
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    "What I would say is whether it is Kirky or Chem (Campbell) coming on today – whoever it may be – from an attitude point of view they have been absolutely different class. They are asking questions of the players in the 11 straight away.”

Does anyone else feel confused by this, given his past quotes and who he has dropped...
    It sounds like that moment when you're about to hear somebody launch into some rage, throw their hoodie on the floor and flex their guns, then remember their anger management lessons and the tone suddenly turns faux pleasant. 
  • Options
    Chem Campbell is always involved on the pitch. Sadly Kirky doesn’t have the same approach.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

He can’t exactly slate someone directly, especially in the same interview where he’s openly said he’s looking to offload them in a couple of months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest I'd be shocked either of Kirk and Chem Campbell were still here at the end of January. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Chunes said:

He can’t exactly slate someone directly, especially in the same interview where he’s openly said he’s looking to offload them in a couple of months.
    I know, but it seems like diving to the opposite extreme if he's calling them "absolutely different class."
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    mendonca said:

Pathetic.
    Why is it pathetic? CBT did less last night than Kirk did in the first match and I'm guessing the 7 times in 45 minutes isn't that far off the mark.

I would have marked him higher, maybe a three because he did put one cross in. I think giving him a 0.5 is harsh but not pathetic.

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

I know, but it seems like diving to the opposite extreme if he's calling them "absolutely different class."
    Is he likening them to cardboard cutouts?

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    mendonca said:

Pathetic.
    Why is it pathetic? CBT did less last night than Kirk did in the first match and I'm guessing the 7 times in 45 minutes isn't that far off the mark.

I would have marked him higher, maybe a three because he did put one cross in. I think giving him a 0.5 is harsh but not pathetic.

I think it’s fair to say CBT has good games and poor games. But when he’s good he’s very very good and wins us points. Taking him off at half time last night was a good decision, he was having a poor game. But, I think he was really struggling on the surface. Pace is a big part of his game and it looked at times that he was struggling to get purchase to sprint and turn on that pitch. Add to that he has had quite a number of injuries and that might have been on his, the coaching and medical staff’s mind last night. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    mendonca said:
    Turns out CBT was playing with a Quad muscle injury, as confirmed by Appleton today @CAFCDAZ and has been for a couple of weeks.
    Why on earth was he on the pitch against Cray Valley???!!! Seems like a needless huge risk to take 
    Exactly. C Campbell needs minutes, CBT needs a rest. 

I have zero experience in managing a football
    club or coaching at any level but resting CBT for the CV game seems a no brainer 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    mendonca said:
    Turns out CBT was playing with a Quad muscle injury, as confirmed by Appleton today @CAFCDAZ and has been for a couple of weeks.
    Why on earth was he on the pitch against Cray Valley???!!! Seems like a needless huge risk to take 
    Can only assume he wanted to put out a strong side and that would normally include CBT.

But agree it seems a risk not worth taking.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Ah but he never said it was a HIGH class  ;) Maybe it's a sneaky way of saying he's never seen such a shower of shit.