Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    I’m just glad that now everyone can see what I’ve been saying about him for a long time. He’s an actual fraud. Each and every player for Cray Valley PM are better than him, I am genuinely in belief of that. If he ever plays for us again, that’ll tell you everything you need to know about where we are and where we are heading as a club. Literally play anyone else.
    What are your thoughts on how he achieved a goal and assist record with Crewe that convinced us to pay half a million for him and give him a 4 year contract?

I don't rate his ability or attitude but this isn't a non-league player who had a purple patch for a couple of months and got lucky when Pardew gave him a contract. He made over 200 appearances for Crewe in L1 and L2 across 6 seasons. Even not being good enough for us he did enough to break through with them and make an impact at a professional level.

you're not wrong - but he is very quickly making himself a non-league player - nobody in the football league clearly wants to touch him even if we are paying the majority of his wage.

Professional is an interesting word for you to use. That word has certain connotations and responsibilities despite what is happening in ones private life.

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Losing his dad was sad, but no worse than anybody else Losing their dad.
    It was about 2 years ago so we can't keep using it  as a reason for him playing shit.
    Out of order comment imo. You've got no idea what's going on in his personal life, none of us do. People process grief in different ways and it affects everyone differently. 

This isn't to absolve him of any blame, he's not currently meeting the standard required and a number of different managers and coaches have tried. Seems there must be something in training that managers see that means he does keep getting picked, perhaps it is mental but we can't say. To just assume that some people aren't affected more than others by the loss of their dad is a bit crass. 
    I think the original post was spot on. I lost my mum before I was 25. I was due to sit professional exams but deferred which was understandable given the circumstances.

I did them a year later when my head was clear using the fact that it would have made my mum
    proud as motivation. 

If I kept putting my exams off, my boss would have pulled me to one side and rightfully so.

As my opening line, the original
    post was spot on. We can't keep saying he is shit because of his dad. He needs to sort himself out and save his career so that he can give the best life to his own family.
    Have you thought about volunteering to work for the Samaritans? I'm sure they'd love you to use, well I was fine so you should be to.
    That’s a shitty response to someone opening up on a personal experience about a loss of a parent at a young age. 

Shitty response for a shitty response. Saying someone should just sort themselves out whilst going through grief is hardly compassionate. 
  • Options
    He was good.......... for the best part of the first 12 pages on here before he played a game B) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are wind ups that are beyond even the worlds biggest WUM to pull off. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    I've been quite critical of Kirk, but I'm currently working with an Charlton player who reckons that he's always been a quality player when he's played against him, and he's pretty emphatic about it. 🤷‍♂️ 
    How shit is this one then…😬

I have it on good authority that Gribbo is fitting Piotr Parzyszek's new kitchen.
  • Options
    If he's deeply unhappy down here and wants to be nearer to home he can rip up his contract (Charlton aren't going to complain) and play for a fraction of his Charlton wages up North. I'll take all the posts looking to excuse his performances with a pinch of salt until he does so.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Blucher said:
    No club is going to want to take Charlie Kirk on loan in January, given his ineptitude and complete lack of desire. Football is a small world and no one would want that sort of individual around their squad day to day.

I think he will just see out the remaining 18 months of his contract and sit on his hands unless we pay him off. Thereafter, if he continues playing - and that’s by no means certain - his next (and final) stop will be non-league. He might, at best, get a 12 month deal in the National League North, although I expect he’d need to demonstrate some quality and commitment during a successful trial before clinching that sort of deal and I’m not sure he’s got the stomach for that.

Given the level of the fee and the length of contract, Kirk is surely one of the worst ever signings by any third tier club. 
    Why not ? He was excellent at Blackpool and the only reason he did not stay there was because of change of manager .. he Been  extremely unlucky look how many managers he had just at Charlton .. diff systems diff Styles .. he is a talent his stats stake up especially assists and we seen that at Charlton .. but it’s just not happening and the problem we got is finding a club with the budget to take on his wages or 70% of them 
    I'm not sure he was excellent at Blackpool - better than he's been here (or at Burton) by all accounts though.

Was linked with Blackpool in the summer too, and nothing materialised.
  • Options
    I know nothing but it's possible that Kirk has and is, to whatever extent, still going through tough times away from football. With some people that stuff can really adversely affect every aspect of someone's life. If that is the case then I take my hat off to the club and the people in it for the support they have given the lad. 
    Does his contract end in 2025? Although that's a year and a half away it will soon start to figure on his horizon and in playing terms he's not grown since he's been at the club so perhaps in more ways than one he has a bit of a journey still ahead of him.
    I'd guess that if a club wants rid of a player who's on a long term contract and not working out, there will be a way of doing it cheaper than paying 100% of the remaining contract (?) but doing so may cause other players to think harder about whether they want to go to such a club. And no decent club would dream of doing it to someone who is not well.

No matter how frustrated we are by his performances on the pitch, we're really not where we are because of Charlie Kirk. American billionaires are people too and I'm sure if the club asked for a relatively small amount of budget forgiveness because of certain circumstances, they would carefully consider it and probably grant it.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    No club is going to want to take Charlie Kirk on loan in January, given his ineptitude and complete lack of desire. Football is a small world and no one would want that sort of individual around their squad day to day.

I think he will just see out the remaining 18 months of his contract and sit on his hands unless we pay him off. Thereafter, if he continues playing - and that’s by no means certain - his next (and final) stop will be non-league. He might, at best, get a 12 month deal in the National League North, although I expect he’d need to demonstrate some quality and commitment during a successful trial before clinching that sort of deal and I’m not sure he’s got the stomach for that.

Given the level of the fee and the length of contract, Kirk is surely one of the worst ever signings by any third tier club. 
    Why not ? He was excellent at Blackpool and the only reason he did not stay there was because of change of manager .. he Been  extremely unlucky look how many managers he had just at Charlton .. diff systems diff Styles .. he is a talent his stats stake up especially assists and we seen that at Charlton .. but it’s just not happening and the problem we got is finding a club with the budget to take on his wages or 70% of them 
    After the agony of watching possibly the worst performance (result wise at least) in the history of Charlton Athletic, Ronnie reappears to brighten our day  :D
  • Options
    The only time he ever shows a turn of pace is running to congratulate a goal scorer
  • Options
    Blucher said:

good to see his agent has joined the forum
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Unbelievable signing. Really takes us up a level and gives us balance up front. Ambition is there 
    There was so optimism back a couple of years. I was taken in as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    I’m just glad that now everyone can see what I’ve been saying about him for a long time. He’s an actual fraud. Each and every player for Cray Valley PM are better than him, I am genuinely in belief of that. If he ever plays for us again, that’ll tell you everything you need to know about where we are and where we are heading as a club. Literally play anyone else.
    What are your thoughts on how he achieved a goal and assist record with Crewe that convinced us to pay half a million for him and give him a 4 year contract?

I don't rate his ability or attitude but this isn't a non-league player who had a purple patch for a couple of months and got lucky when Pardew gave him a contract. He made over 200 appearances for Crewe in L1 and L2 across 6 seasons. Even not being good enough for us he did enough to break through with them and make an impact at a professional level.
    I'd like to hear a clearer justification of that term, too. He has shown vision and technique sporadically, it just seems like he now lacks any drive or ambition to push himself on the pitch. 

Maybe he never fancied coming here but couldn't turn down the pay packet on offer. I think his missus stays up north which means he's never really settled. 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t even let him train with the youth teams.
    His attitude is all wrong with us.
    hope he goes somewhere soon and has some sort of success 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Curb_It said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    It was about 2 years ago so we can't keep using it  as a reason for him playing shit.
    Out of order comment imo. You've got no idea what's going on in his personal life, none of us do. People process grief in different ways and it affects everyone differently. 

This isn't to absolve him of any blame, he's not currently meeting the standard required and a number of different managers and coaches have tried. Seems there must be something in training that managers see that means he does keep getting picked, perhaps it is mental but we can't say. To just assume that some people aren't affected more than others by the loss of their dad is a bit crass. 
    I think the original post was spot on. I lost my mum before I was 25. I was due to sit professional exams but deferred which was understandable given the circumstances.

I did them a year later when my head was clear using the fact that it would have made my mum
    proud as motivation. 

If I kept putting my exams off, my boss would have pulled me to one side and rightfully so.

post was spot on. We can't keep saying he is shit because of his dad. He needs to sort himself out and save his career so that he can give the best life to his own family.
    Have you thought about volunteering to work for the Samaritans? I'm sure they'd love you to use, well I was fine so you should be to.
    That’s a shitty response to someone opening up on a personal experience about a loss of a parent at a young age. 

Shitty response for a shitty response. Saying someone should just sort themselves out whilst going through grief is hardly compassionate. 
    We all lose parents at some point in life. It is tragic. Having personal experience of that, I can say that two years on, that loss is no excuse for stealing a living at Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Major said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Curb_It said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

proud as motivation. 

We all lose parents at some point in life. It is tragic. Having personal experience of that, I can say that two years on, that loss is no excuse for stealing a living at Charlton Athletic.

I actually agree with @thickandthin63 here..... I think we all agree a new start is needed and he isn't the kind of player we need to get us out this league. But what is this thread designed to do now? Along with all the social posts we have all seen?

Is the aim for you all to force him out? Get him to cut up his contract and run? Check in to the Priory? Worse???

I can't see what this will all achieve now. We all agree it isn't working out.... but I'm telling you, in a world where there are plenty of examples of online and social media pressure having serious consequences - I actually think the risks of him reading some of these comments outweigh any benefit to the forum. And it wont make a jot of difference to the fortunes of the club we all love. 
  • Options
    I am getting a bit pissed off with this witch hunt.There is plainly for all too see,something wrong in Charlies life.He came to us from Crewe with a good record,we were all pleased to get him.Nobody deteriorates this quickly without good reason.The club are doing the right thing to keep him involved as much as possible.I just wish he had taken one of chances on Sunday to perhaps give him some confidence.They were not sitters by the way,one on ones are never easy,and has anyone seen Nunez misses for Liverpool this year,they all do it.I just hope he gets a move and has fresh start,perhaps nearer home with family support,not the constant slagging off from the keyboard warrior brigade,I think this thread should be taken down.
    Snowflake hogwash. If he can't cope as a professional footballer, he should find another job. I'm sure the club have been very supportive but we are not a charity. If he needs family support, he should move closer and not stay  to take the money he is not earning.
  • Options
    I've heard that we are planning to play him in the games leading up to xmas - put him in the shop window & hopefully someone will buy him in January. ;)

• Options
    But we don't own the shop, its full of Castore leasure wear!
  • Options
    Major said:
    I am getting a bit pissed off with this witch hunt.There is plainly for all too see,something wrong in Charlies life.He came to us from Crewe with a good record,we were all pleased to get him.Nobody deteriorates this quickly without good reason.The club are doing the right thing to keep him involved as much as possible.I just wish he had taken one of chances on Sunday to perhaps give him some confidence.They were not sitters by the way,one on ones are never easy,and has anyone seen Nunez misses for Liverpool this year,they all do it.I just hope he gets a move and has fresh start,perhaps nearer home with family support,not the constant slagging off from the keyboard warrior brigade,I think this thread should be taken down.
    Snowflake hogwash. If he can't cope as a professional footballer, he should find another job. I'm sure the club have been very supportive but we are not a charity. If he needs family support, he should move closer and not stay  to take the money he is not earning.
    He coped very well as a pro footballer before he came to us,are Taylor,Aneke,Mcgrandles Edun,doing any more for their wages than Kirk,we certainly would not miss any of them on their contributions to the team so far this year.I am sure if he gets the chance to go nearer home he will take it.