Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    AndyG said:
    I've been trying my hardest but darned if I can remember any 'player' worse to don the great shirt?
    Was Sandgaard sky high on his Tens machine when he signed him?
    Not sure TS can take the credit mate when we signed him LB said we had been after him for ages I actually think the Kirk signing was one of the ones that made TS think someone is having his pants down
    We bought Kirk 12 months before TS bought the club.
    No we didn't?!

It was under TS and Adkins.
    Apologies, you are correct.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    surely this (and Chuks) should be a big neon warning sign for our future recruiters - don't be handing out 3, 4, 5 year deals to players - I don't care how good you think they are going to be - 2 years with an option at most.
    Then we complain when players such as Dobson can leave on a free.
    If a player wants to leave they are gonna leave though 🤷‍♂️ 

I guarantee we have wasted more money on big contracts for chuks and kirk (fee and wages for 4 years) than we would get selling dobbo and cbt put together.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    shirty5 said:
    Chunes said:
    His missus has called fans "vile" on Twitter. 
    After her partner was called a f****** terrorist by a Charlton fan on twitter during the game

He was awful and will possibly be the last time he’s seen in a Charlton shirt but keep it constructive when making comments on an individual. That line has been crossed by making an ignorant comment like that. 

That's vile is it... I guess that's a matter of perspective but I think I've heard worse in a Year 3 playground!

I don't think our fans are vile and toxic, quite the opposite on the general spectrum of fanbases. I recall Curbs' story about the difference between going through a losing streak at Charlton and when he was at West Ham. 
  • Options
    He is unbelievably weak and feeble. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    I know tackling is not a key part to his game, but I’ve never seen a player turn his back or pull out of tackles as much as him. It’s painfully embarrassing.
    That cant be true surely, he's got hard man tattoos and everything?!
    We don’t need to attack his appearance do we?
  • Options
    Think the death of his dad has broken him, and he badly needs a fresh start at another club, his agent, if he has one, should be advising him this.

This is it , I don't think he's anywhere near a worst players ever to play for us level , he's just a player that needs a fresh start somewhere else. I just feel bad for him really , it's hard to watch a player with so little confidence - he's probably the one player on the pitch you didn't want that 1v1 to drop to. 
  • Options
    The thing with last night was under the unflinching BBC closeups of Kirk’s face, he clearly wasn’t bothered by missing those sitters or being subbed off. Look again at the moment he “congratulates” Fraser after the goal. His face says it all - doesn’t give a shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think the death of his dad has broken him, and he badly needs a fresh start at another club, his agent, if he has one, should be advising him this.
    He had a chance when he went on loan to Blackpool and Burton but didn't really do much at either.

I'm not sure if either wanted him permanently, or if they did but we wanted a fee for him that they wouldn't pay but it seems quite likely that with his contract running to 2025, the only way we're going to get rid of him is by loaning him out for 18 months or by paying up his contract and letting him go.
  • Options

He didn't want the ball, and when he did get it, he passed it backwards. Never looking to take his man on, let alone getting past him. Even when 70-30 in his favor, he still wouldn't make a tackle. Not trying to slag him off, but just making an observation. I think mentally, something is completely wrong with him. Not nice to see but at the same time, how can you justify keeping him on after that? Should be looking to loan him out in January. I can imagine between hem and Aneke a significant part of our budget goes down the drain. That is not his concern though, we have Steve Gallen to thank for that.

• Options
    He has had fresh starts on loan and has failed.

i thinks it's definitely mental with him. I bet he tucks those two chances away every time on the training pitch. 

It must be hard being away from his wife and family but that is the life of a lower league footballer.

if I was him, I would be telling my agent to be on the phone to every north west league 2 club trying to get me a move.

he needs a fresh start otherwise he will soon be making tea and sweeping up in mrs Kirk's salon full time.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    shirty5 said:
    Chunes said:
    His missus has called fans "vile" on Twitter. 
    After her partner was called a f****** terrorist by a Charlton fan on twitter during the game

He was awful and will possibly be the last time he’s seen in a Charlton shirt but keep it constructive when making comments on an individual. That line has been crossed by making an ignorant comment like that. 

That's vile is it... I guess that's a matter of perspective but I think I've heard worse in a Year 3 playground!

I don't think our fans are not vile and toxic, quite the opposite on the general spectrum of fanbases. I recall Curbs' story about the difference between going through a losing streak at Charlton and when he was at West Ham. 
    Yes, it is. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023

• Options
    Strong case for the worst signing in our history. Shows no ability and zero effort. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    He has had fresh starts on loan and has failed.

i thinks it's definitely mental with him. I bet he tucks those two chances away every time on the training pitch. 

It must be hard being away from his wife and family but that is the life of a lower league footballer.

if I was him, I would be telling my agent to be on the phone to every north west league 2 club trying to get me a move.

he needs a fresh start otherwise he will soon be making tea and sweeping up in mrs Kirk's salon full time.
    If I was the club I'd be telling his agent the same.

Best thing for him and us, even if we only get a fraction of his wages paid during a loan or two, or have to write a chunk off etc.
  • Options
    Whatever has caused it he is such a bad player now. Just seems to lack concentration with no real desire to actually play. I think he would be happy to just pick up L1 wages for the rest of his career and never come off the bench. 
  • Options
    Others may have said it but May would have buried both of those chances that he missed. Shame the substitution wasn’t done at halftime. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have seen many players who lack effort or ability, not many that lack both. Kirk fits into that final category.
  • Options
    Just get rid. I can accept someone who is trying and shows a bit of passion but the lights have clearly gone out here. 
  • Options
    Who takes him on loan in Jan though?  I’m pretty sure we tried to ship him out in the run up to the summer deadline.  I would imagine the only feasible option is a league 2 club and we’re happy to pay the majority of his wages.  I can’t see another league one club coming in for him, and the majority of league 2 clubs bar maybe Gillingham and Wrexham won’t have the funds - not saying Gillingham or Wrexham would want him, just highlighting the conundrum we find ourselves in.  And he’s under contract until the end of next season - mind blowing
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Should never be in the first team squad again make him train with the under 18 and get rid in January because his got no place here his had enough chances and blew them 
    Going by Appleton’s post match interview, and his apparent track record of freezing out certain players at previous clubs, I have a strong suspicion that, barring a disastrous injury crisis, today we finally saw the last of him in a Charlton shirt. 
    Thank fuck for that,been a complete waste of space whenever he puts our shirt on…good bye & good riddance…non league is where he is at,if anyone..(🤞🏻) takes him off our hands or just pay the bloke off…and doc his pay off too,never earn’t his wages whilst being here
  • Options
    To all those wondering how we can get rid of him, it's easy. Just tell him straight he is never going to play another game for the first team. 

Let him train by himself in the afternoon.

Call his agent in and tell him to find a move for his player in January otherwise he will literally rot for the next 18 months.

That's not nice I know, because at the end of the day it's not nice to treat people like that, but Kirk has taken the mickey for too long now and it's time to play hardball with him.

We've had too many players recently who deserve this treatment...
  • Options
    Why won't he just leave?! For the sake of his own career at least??!

oh yeah that's right the money on his ludicrous contract. 

He has been a leach to this club. 
  • Options
     Kirk was shit, but there is not a chance he was the shittest player on the pitch, that title goes to Thomas