Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• JaShea99 said:
    surely this (and Chuks) should be a big neon warning sign for our future recruiters - don't be handing out 3, 4, 5 year deals to players - I don't care how good you think they are going to be - 2 years with an option at most.
    It’s not that simple though is it? Because then we risk losing out on players who opt for the security of a longer deal elsewhere.
    surely it is better to risk losing out on signing one or two players than be lumbered with players we cant shift (and therefore replace when they aren't good enough/can't stay fit) for years?
  • Makes Christophe LePoint look like a world beater. He kills every attack when he gets the ball, as he either loses it or simply stops any forward momentum and plays a simple 20 yard pass backwards. 

Pathetic. 
  • Just in tonights game he bottled 3 challenges, he seems to have this knack of running towards the ball but taking a sideways step to avoid actually tackling the player. Had two great chances to score fluffed them both. Almost everytime he receives the ball he does a little shuffle & then passes it backwards. I did notice on one of the bbc reruns of the goal he went to Fraser to congratulate him but seemed to get ignored by everyone. 
  • se9addick said:
    I had a lot of sympathy for Charlie Kirk. He was going through an awful time off the pitch with his Dad passing away whilst he was in the process of moving to us. I think I gave him a lot more leeway than I would have given most players as a result, but after tonight there’s no way back.

Watching him was equal measures infuriating and sad. His confidence looks totally destroyed.

I think the best situation now would be to agree a mutual termination of his contract. I think he has 18 months left, so we’ll need to eat some of that cost, but I think it is in the best interests of all parties that this ends here. 
    I agree,  the chances of us playing him over the next 18 months are zero, so let's bite the bullet now and agree a deal on the remainder of his contract and let him find a club where he can resurrect his career, even at non league and build his confidence. He has no future with us.
  • se9addick said:
    I had a lot of sympathy for Charlie Kirk. He was going through an awful time off the pitch with his Dad passing away whilst he was in the process of moving to us. I think I gave him a lot more leeway than I would have given most players as a result, but after tonight there’s no way back.

Watching him was equal measures infuriating and sad. His confidence looks totally destroyed.

I think the best situation now would be to agree a mutual termination of his contract. I think he has 18 months left, so we’ll need to eat some of that cost, but I think it is in the best interests of all parties that this ends here. 
    I think it's gone past the point of repair with a lot of the fanbase too. No good can come from him staying here.
  • Sponsored links:

• His missus has called fans "vile" on Twitter. 
  • AndyG said:
    I've been trying my hardest but darned if I can remember any 'player' worse to don the great shirt?
    Was Sandgaard sky high on his Tens machine when he signed him?
    Not sure TS can take the credit mate when we signed him LB said we had been after him for ages I actually think the Kirk signing was one of the ones that made TS think someone is having his pants down
    We bought Kirk 12 months before TS bought the club.
  • edited November 2023
    From what I can see @Braziliance, nobody tweeted her.  She posted about fans being vile and then people replied, as you'd expect.
  • He is a human being and there his ability to play football ends.
  • edited November 2023
    Chunes said:
    From what I can see @Braziliance, nobody tweeted her. She posted about fans being vile and people replied. 
    That is true today, but you'd be naive (not you personally) to think that she hasn't heard stuff at games and previously. 

If you look at the replies, there are people being fairly hostile. Emotions are high, I get it, but it shouldn't go that far. 

This is where I am saying I feel she shouldn't be tweeting at all at present as it is inviting hostility. She shouldn't have to think like that, but that is the nature of social media and you have to play it smart sometimes. 

I'll openly admit I think he is crap for us but I wouldn't directly notify him on social media or his partner because it feels a step too far. Again I ain't innocent but I think messaging his partner is a bit much unless it's positive interactions 
  • I said in the match preview I wouldn't play Kirk  even in a game against Cray Valley. I wasn't joking.

Any manager who ever picks him again- even for a EFL cup game - should be instantly dismissed.

If by any chance you are reading this Kirk, please just eff off out of this club ASAP.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    surely this (and Chuks) should be a big neon warning sign for our future recruiters - don't be handing out 3, 4, 5 year deals to players - I don't care how good you think they are going to be - 2 years with an option at most.
    Then we complain when players such as Dobson can leave on a free.
  • edited November 2023
    Chunes said:
    From what I can see @Braziliance, nobody tweeted her. She posted about fans being vile and people replied. 
    That is true today, but you'd be naive (not you personally) to think that she hasn't heard stuff at games and previously. 

If you look at the replies, there are people being fairly hostile. Emotions are high, I get it, but it shouldn't go that far. 

This is where I am saying I feel she shouldn't be tweeting at all at present as it is inviting hostility. She shouldn't have to think like that, but that is the nature of social media and you have to play it smart sometimes. 

I'll openly admit I think he is crap for us but I wouldn't directly notify him on social media or his partner because it feels a step too far. Again I ain't innocent but I think messaging his partner is a bit much unless it's positive interactions 
    While in sentiment I would agree, nobody can expect to throw petrol on a fire and not have it burn hotter, be that in real life or on social media. It's just common sense. 
  • AndyG said:
    I've been trying my hardest but darned if I can remember any 'player' worse to don the great shirt?
    Was Sandgaard sky high on his Tens machine when he signed him?
    Not sure TS can take the credit mate when we signed him LB said we had been after him for ages I actually think the Kirk signing was one of the ones that made TS think someone is having his pants down
    Was signed under Adkins though we tried to bring him in during the January before Bowyer left.
  • I know tackling is not a key part to his game, but I’ve never seen a player turn his back or pull out of tackles as much as him. It’s painfully embarrassing.
    That cant be true surely, he's got hard man tattoos and everything?!
  • Should never be in the first team squad again make him train with the under 18 and get rid in January because his got no place here his had enough chances and blew them 
  • Have said for some time now I don't understand how he's a professional footballer. Disgrace of a bloke
  • edited November 2023
    I know tackling is not a key part to his game, but I’ve never seen a player turn his back or pull out of tackles as much as him. It’s painfully embarrassing.

That's what wound me up more that his poor shot at goal in the 1st half and his two poor efforts in the Second half including the one on one with the keeper it's the fact that he won't make a tackle and he pulls out of tackles.

I hardly ever slaughter individual players but Kirk may be the most lightweight and power puff player I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt over several decades.

We paid 500k for Kirk and a 4 year contract but wouldn't pay Boreham Wood the extra 50k for Sorba Thomas when he was 21 and who have played in the Championship since. We had first options on him and yet made a bad call.

Some poor decisions have been made along with the good signings of Alfie May and George Dobson.
  • I know tackling is not a key part to his game, but I’ve never seen a player turn his back or pull out of tackles as much as him. It’s painfully embarrassing.
    That chance he missed shortly after they equalised, I’m convinced he took  his eye of the ball because he was more worried about not getting kicked by a defender than who was 4 yards away from him. The bloke consistently loses out on tackles that are 80:20 on his favour. He’s the most powder puff player I’ve ever seen play for us. 
  • edited November 2023
    cazo said:
    Should never be in the first team squad again make him train with the under 18 and get rid in January because his got no place here his had enough chances and blew them 
    Going by Appleton’s post match interview, and his apparent track record of freezing out certain players at previous clubs, I have a strong suspicion that, barring a disastrous injury crisis, today we finally saw the last of him in a Charlton shirt.