Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Thanks for the memories Charlie, but enough’s enough now I think.
    No really, that’ll do.
  • Options
    I can't wait till hes no longer a Charlton player, hate him and his lack of application, it feels like he's trying to make us lose at this point 
  • Options
    I wonder if his brain has fallen out from underneath his flip-top wiggy hair?
  • Options
    Even the Isthmian South East League isn’t his standard. Unknown where he goes from here. 
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Even the Isthmian South East League isn’t his standard. Unknown where he goes from here. 
    Sad thing is - nowhere.

No one else will take him and he's contracted to 2025.
  • Options
    Yeah he's done here. Confirmed now if it wasn't before.
    He isn't good enough and honestly, he doesn't give a shit either.
    Who at the club sanctioned us pissing £500k up the wall on him. He’s playing for his professional future and is still a bottle job.
  • Options
    Trying to be kind, I think his decline should be sent off to a lab somewhere for some type of study.

How does a player with 181 appearances and 29 goals in L2 and L1 in his time with Crewe turn into what we saw on the pitch today?

I am baffled.

I honestly wonder if it's all a mental thing with all the personal issues he had when he signed , he just looks like he doesn't want to be out there. Completely baffled like you are Callum as to how things have gone so wrong for him. 
  • Options
    Honestly could we all just have a whip round and just pay him off at this point?? 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who at the club sanctioned us pissing £500k up the wall on him. He’s playing for his professional future and is still a bottle job.
    And that’s just the fee. Probably over £1m with wages added on, though a few loans offset that a little.
  • Options
    He isn’t coming back from that performance. It will be a distraction having him on the bench. Got to starting talking numbers with him to pay him off. Can’t be waiting for the 31st January 2024
    for some desperate club to take him of
    us for 6 months, before starting the cycle again. 
  • Options

Gallen wanted him for 2 transfer windows , tried to get him in January and it fell apart over an agent issue and we signed DJ instead. 
  • Options
    I've been trying my hardest but darned if I can remember any 'player' worse to don the great shirt?
    Was Sandgaard sky high on his Tens machine when he signed him?
    Read the thread when he signed to see how wrong all the experts on here were about him.
  • Options
    I firmly put this on Appleton for playing him at this point. 

He's had 200 chances, why would you even bother unless you wanted to lose a game?
  • Options
    Dress it up how you like , expensive and utter shit ... jogging around pretending to be involved 
    This is it for me. He’s excellent at looking like he’s about to do something, but then hardly ever actually does. Stealing a living here 
  • Options

He's had 200 chances, why would you even bother unless you wanted to lose a game?
    Multiple chances against third tier opposition made him look like a fourth tier player, where he was previously successful.

Unfortunately, playing like he did today, not sure if he’s good enough for the 8th tier at this moment in time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    OOPs
  • Options
    I've been trying my hardest but darned if I can remember any 'player' worse to don the great shirt?
    Was Sandgaard sky high on his Tens machine when he signed him?
    Not sure TS can take the credit mate when we signed him LB said we had been after him for ages I actually think the Kirk signing was one of the ones that made TS think someone is having his pants down
  • Options
    surely this (and Chuks) should be a big neon warning sign for our future recruiters - don't be handing out 3, 4, 5 year deals to players - I don't care how good you think they are going to be - 2 years with an option at most.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I can't see him ever playing under Apples again.  Sadly, Apples will be gone in 6months when Scott signs another load of shit in January then scape goats the manager.with a speech about winning mentality; and the new bloke coming in will give everyone a clean slate and play the shirking waster again. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    surely this (and Chuks) should be a big neon warning sign for our future recruiters - don't be handing out 3, 4, 5 year deals to players - I don't care how good you think they are going to be - 2 years with an option at most.
    It’s not that simple though is it? Because then we risk losing out on players who opt for the security of a longer deal elsewhere.
  • Options
    Positives: he has united a fanbase
    This. We've seen some real turd mounds over the years so think we're all pretty well qualified on the matter.
    For everyone to be in unison for this particular specimen tells you all you need to know!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I couldn’t help but say “f**k sake Kirk” after the chances tonight, bloke near me, quickly started having a go at me, and mumbling about all the positives of Kirk. I’m still shocked the bloke was angry at me. 

I watched Kirk in person a fair few times when at Crewe, and due to that, was very excited by the signing. He showed a great amount of energy back then, looked sharp, knew where the goal was. Different player now. Sad to see.
  • Options

Seriously, the only logical answer is for Apples to be fishing for more investment.

Nothing else makes sense