Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins weekly press conference

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    “I’m sure if you got a piece of paper and wrote down all of the players we’ve got and said, ‘right, pick a starting 11 from that’. I guarantee that probably 99% of the people who did that wouldn’t pick the same team as I’m going to go and pick"

That's intresting. 
    My thoughts exactly.

Someone dig out the lyrics to  " a team of Kermorgants" and change it to Watson's 

Maybe it's just me, but having actually listened to the interview and the context that quote was said in (especially with the anacedote about Jack Charlton) Adkins is just saying how we have such strength in depth now it's unlikely that people will choose the same team. 

• Options
    'jeer us on'  :D
  • Options
    'jeer us on'  :D

One of the best Freudian slips I have ever seen  :D
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Ryan Inniss just doesn't have a body for professional football unfortunately; a doorman fine.

Ronnie Schwartz situation isn't even worth a comment.
  • Options
    Inniss will be lucky to make 23 league games this season. The fella is good on his day but hence why we got him for nothing. Too many injuries. Thankfully someone had the foresight to get another centre half in (Lavelle) before the end of the transfer window.

Schwartz! You wouldn’t take him him to the bingo for a night out as he would bring you no luck. More Ostergaard then a Jensen! 
  • Options
    I might phone in sick myself tomorrow with a calf injury. There's a lot of it about.
  • Options
    Our injury situation hasn't really changed this season has it. 

Innis, Purrington, Gilbey, Clare and Davison were all up in the west stand on the weekend.
  • Options
    ads said:
    'Schwartz out for a couple of months', yea course he is
    2 months with a calf injury.....yeah right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ads said:
    Maybe it's that extra weight ( as rumoured on here ) he's carrying that caused it ? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Innis, Purrington, Gilbey, Clare and Davison were all up in the west stand on the weekend.
    Is Davison injured or was he just not included in the squad? Clare back training so just a niggle.
    Not sure I would class Covid as an injury! 
  • Options
    Davison was doing extra running and light drills right through to the kick off. 
  • Options
    ads said:
    Sure his injury was known before the squad was confirmed to the efl, if so why was he included? Surely a free agent should have been brought in on a short contract!
  • Options
    clive said:
    5 yards up and 5 yards in .. let's have a huddle in the centre circle .. and just a lot of meaningless platitudes .. Nigel, it's time ye were gone
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Schwartz can't even manage the stairs!
  • Options
    Its desperate is it not. Three long term injuries and 3 dud signings, Kirk included with Clare and Dobson at present sadly. Plus Purrington and Gilbey in some kind of 'back in training' limbo. Not anywhere where we hoped or expected to be.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Its desperate is it not. Three long term injuries and 3 dud signings, Kirk included with Clare and Dobson at present sadly. Plus Purrington and Gilbey in some kind of 'back in training' limbo. Not anywhere where we hoped or expected to be.
    This season is fast becoming a sick joke . We will  be lucky to be in this league next season. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    This season is fast becoming a sick joke . We will  be lucky to be in this league next season. 
    Well, any anticipation of an exciting season, is long gone. It’s just pure existence, and lower table mediocrity……. 

• Options
    "We've got a good energy about ourselves"
    Christ Nigel, you are not selling this are you?
    Come on, thrill me with your acumen
    I'm losing faith.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched the interview and for some reason I got to thinking about (high fives at the end of training) Iain Dowie.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I'm losing faith.
    This is why I am not interested in these conferences. What utter bollocks. Just start winning games and don't patronise us.
  • Options
    I'm losing faith.
    Are they still honest and hardworking?
    (Couldn’t be bothered to read it)
  • Options
    He reminds me of a PE teacher I used to have all bright and cheery and very positive even when another school would be hammering us. Would prefer someone with a more pragmatic approach, although not as downbeat as LB in the end, but somewhere in between...... in the Curbs mold perhaps
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    He reminds me of a PE teacher I used to have all bright and cheery and very positive even when another school would be hammering us. Would prefer someone with a more pragmatic approach, although not as downbeat as LB in the end, but somewhere in between...... in the Curbs mold perhaps
    I had a PE/maths teacher who was bright and cheery. No matter the weather he would wear  shorts and made us play hockey as he was in a major hockey side in his youth. Just meant a bunch of boys now had weapons. Hockey sticks across the back of the legs ain't fun. 

My other PE teacher was into rugby. Barbaric sport. 
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins has a habit of avoiding direct questions. He does it all the time. I don't know why he does this but it's not good in my opinion. Why not just come out and say things as they are. Bizarre and, with our current form, fuel for those who think he's not the man for the job. It's results that count and at the moment he's not doing himself any favours. Stop talking BS Nigel and say it as it is. I for one would respect you a lot more if you did.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Nigel Adkins has a habit of avoiding direct questions. He does it all the time. I don't know why he does this but it's not good in my opinion. Why not just come out and say things as they are. Bizarre and, with our current form, fuel for those who think he's not the man for the job. It's results that count and at the moment he's not doing himself any favours. Stop talking BS Nigel and say it as it is. I for one would respect you a lot more if you did.
    Must have missed his post match interview last Saturday.
  • Options
    The guy talks nothing but guff, let’s be honest .