Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We have a relegation midfield

I've said it before and not sure anyone agreed.

Morgan, Clare and Dobson are not good enough for a promotion challenge.

If we sign no one else of quality, we will be in a relegation battle.

We look lower mid table before we start to get injuries, so take out a few injured like Innis, Washington etc and we will be fighting to stay up.

2 weeks left for TS to decide whether he wants to fight for promotion or against relegation. 

Comments

• Options
    Not sure it's quite relegation but it's very poor. None of them look like they should be starting in a decent League 1 team. If Gallen identified Dobson and Clare as the answer he needs to go. We paid money for Clare.
  • Options
    The midfield wouldn't look out of place at AFC or Cambridge.

Shinnie wasn't good enough and yet he's better than those 3.
    Can't argue with that, I'd prefer Shinnie over Clare that's for sure. 
  • Options
    with the players we have we can not continue with 433, we are being overrun in midfield every game.

Why do we keep the same set up every game when it clearly isn’t working, only one reason the manager only knows one way.

It clearly isn’t working so change it or continue with this downward spiral.
  • Options
    with the players we have we can not continue with 433, we are being overrun in midfield every game.

Why do we keep the same set up every game when it clearly isn’t working, only one reason the manager only knows one way.

It clearly isn’t working so change it or continue with this downward spiral.
    But we shouldn't be getting overrun with 433, that's the whole point of playing three in the middle. They're just not good enough. 
  • Options
    Saw what the Sunderland fans see in Dobson tonight. He wasn't the only problem but he was the main one, and when Watson came on he became the main one 
  • Options
    "Dobson looks like Jason Pearce in midfield" was a very apt description in the post match thread I thought.

Morgan, for all his technique and talent, doesn't have a football brain. There's a reason he couldn't get a loan outside of non-league sides and now he's been given a run of games, I think we're starting to see why.

I still have hope for Clare who I thought was played well in patches but clearly isn't going to be the type to drag the team around him forward when backs are against the wall.
  • Options
    All three are so similar. Zero pace, zero energy, zero creativity. All three players look terrible. Looks a bang average midfield. At least Pratley kicked people.
  • Options
    All three are so similar. Zero pace, zero energy, zero creativity. All three players look terrible. Looks a bang average midfield. At least Pratley kicked people.
    Clare has pace and energy at least 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Why have you left out Jaiyesimi?

He is woeful.
    massively unfair, was our best player. Barely gets the ball and looks dangerous when he does. Good performance tonight although his final ball is still frustrating. 
  • Options
    I think Clare could be OK with two better players alongside him. 

The other two look poor, and the issue with Dobson is because we have Watson there too, we definitely aren't signing another defensive midfielder, whereas we may look to upgrade on Morgan.

Dobson or Watson will play every game, which is a huge worry.
  • Options
    the emperors new clothes them 3 

bring back watson and pratley 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

He is woeful.
    massively unfair, was our best player. Barely gets the ball and looks dangerous when he does. Good performance tonight although his final ball is still frustrating. 
    He had a reasonable first 10-12 minutes and later played in a good ball for Stockley's attempt on goal.

That was it. 

Our best player?  Hmm.  He was woeful.  Ponderous, heavy-legged.  Poor crosses.  It's like he can't kick it.  And the 37 year-old Lewington didn't break sweat.

What did I miss?
  • Options
    Worst midfield in our history? Got to run it close on initial showings 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:

He is woeful.
    He had a reasonable first 10-12 minutes and later played in a good ball for Stockley's attempt on goal.

That was it. 

Our best player?  Hmm.  He was woeful.  Ponderous, heavy-legged.  Poor crosses.  It's like he can't kick it.  And the 37 year-old Lewington didn't break sweat.

What did I miss?
    Played: 90 minutes
    Touches: 48 
    Dribbles (attempts): 3 (4)
    Accurate passes (attempts): 17 (26)
    Key passes: 2
    Crosses: 7
    Ground duels won: 7/12
    Aerial duels won: 2/2
    Fouls committed: 1
    Fouls drawn: 1
    Tackles: 3
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:

He is woeful.

That was it. 

What did I miss?
    Who played better than him?

Second half we barely got the ball because our central midfield were shocking. He absolutely skinned Lewington a couple of times. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:

He is woeful.

That was it. 

What did I miss?

Second half we barely got the ball because our central midfield were shocking. He absolutely skinned Lewington a couple of times. 
    Is that the measure of a good performance?

"Oh, he was less bad than the others."

That's fine then.  Our MoM ... Mr Woeful.

I love the stats too.  Seven crosses ... most of which failed to beat the first defender.

Woeful.  And it won't get better.  He has been like it since we signed him in February.

And, no ... he didn't skin Lewington.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:

He is woeful.

That was it. 

What did I miss?

I love the stats too.  Seven crosses ... most of which failed to beat the first defender.

Woeful.  And it won't get better.  He has been like it since we signed him in February.
    No but I said he was our best player and you seemed to disagree. I said his crossing was poor at half time, but it doesn't help when most of the time you only have one person to aim for. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:

He is woeful.

That was it. 

What did I miss?

No but I said he was our best player and you seemed to disagree. I said his crossing was poor at half time, but it doesn't help when most of the time you only have one person to aim for. 
    You also said "Good performance tonight".

Umm ... nope.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:

He is woeful.

That was it. 

What did I miss?

You also said "Good performance tonight".

Umm ... nope.
    ok we'll agree to disagree. I thought he played pretty well, he can't do much when the others around him were so poor. 

Look at player marks - You're in the minority pal
  • Options
    Really disappointed with both Dobson and Clare. Alfie is struggling and probably not quite good enough. Jaiyesimi is typically inconsistent. Yes the midfield is woefully short of being a challenging force this season. Hope TS is taking it seriously. Gilbey will improve the midfield but could be a while before he is 100%.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:

He is woeful.
    Bizarre comment
  • Options
    Clare, looked alright in spells could probably make the grade with others around him.

Dobson, does not look up to standard at all.

Morgan, good in very small spells not good enough over the 90.

Jaiyesimi, happy with him.

Kirk, obviously gotta give him time.