Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who is to blame?

124»

Comments

• Options
    I blame Curbs. All was fine until his name appeared on top of the stand..............
    We’re unbeaten at home since his name appeared. Sure that will all change on Saturday.
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Don’t know do we but the recruitment is inadequate and apart from Stockley and Kirk sub standard. Eight adrift and unless we see a complete reversal of form the season is already slipping away. Seems a crazy thing to say after four games but …..
    it is a crazy thing to say. There is a long, long way to go but something doesn't seem right and it needs sorting out now before it does become too late.
    They've had 3 months to sign some players capable of firing us to a promotion challenge, I don't see much improving over the next couple of weeks. Loans ? I see more Levitt & Matt Smith(s) than a Cullen or Bielik. Too late ? Always a possibility that the goalie could find some form, the team could suddenly click or Adkins could come up with a formation that works. Personally I think in a years time we'll be preparing for another season in Division 3. Whether Gallen or Adkins will still be here only time will tell, I have my doubts. 
    To be honest, if we carry on not winning any games at all, I think Adkins will be gone sooner rather than later. Something is not right and once the window has closed the only option available if we're winless by the end of September is to change manager.
    I think it's too early to say that will happen, and I expect us to improve, but if I was doing Ooh-Aah type percentages, the "carry on as we are where our best results are 0-0 draws" option is about 30% which is way too high.
    At this point I think it’s very unfair to apportion blame in Adkins direction. I’m 100% certain he would want to sign as many good players as was possible. I can’t believe it’s his decision not to spend, spend, spend. If we’re signing budget players I doubt that’s his choice. Yes he has to get the best out of what he has but at present he’s been dealt a bum hand. 
  • Options
    I doubt that is anybody's choice including Roddy. It may be through necessity.
  • Options
    Season isn’t a write off, but fail to win very soon it’ll start to feel like a crisis, rather than just a poor start. 
    Personally I can’t see a businessman like TS not acting in the next few weeks if things don’t improve. He does like an axe after all. 
  • Options
    This is why wages are so important: 

https://www.open.edu/openlearn/money-management/management/business-studies/stefan-szymanski-on-the-business-football

The operation of the market in players and clubs can be illustrated with two simple comparisons. The first (Figure 1) relates the average league position of teams appearing in the top two English divisions over a decade to their average wage spending, expressed in proportion to the average wage spending of all clubs. The figure shows that wage spending is highly correlated with league position over time. 

• Options
    I blame Curbs. All was fine until his name appeared on top of the stand..............
    We’re unbeaten at home since his name appeared. Sure that will all change on Saturday.
    AFC Wimbledon on the league Cup?
    Christ I’d forgotten that game! 
  • Options
    Am I the only one thinking that Adkins should be identifying the players he wants, a list of say five for each position he wants to fill ranked in order of preference, and then Gallen goes and negotiates with the Club and player within the budget that he has been set. Why the need to even involve Roddy? The current set-up seems to be 'here you go Nigel fit this one into your team'. 
    Jesus.... If it really is like that, then what's the difference between now and the Roland years?😟
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am I the only one thinking that Adkins should be identifying the players he wants, a list of say five for each position he wants to fill ranked in order of preference, and then Gallen goes and negotiates with the Club and player within the budget that he has been set. Why the need to even involve Roddy? The current set-up seems to be 'here you go Nigel fit this one into your team'. 
    Adkins hasn’t managed for two years. How up to speed with current players so you think he is?
  • Options
    felix_31 said:

This tells me I spend far too much time on here…..

Where else @ricky_otto could you go and bring such amusement to all our lives with your comic touch ?
    In fact I have put in a direct debit for a LOL to every post you make on Charlton Life in case I miss any. 

Apologies for the LOL when you said your dog had died.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    felix_31 said:

This tells me I spend far too much time on here…..

Where else @ricky_otto could you go and bring such amusement to all our lives with your comic touch ?
    In fact I have put in a direct debit for a LOL to every post you make on Charlton Life in case I miss any. 

Apologies for the LOL when you said your dog had died.
    It’s ok, the Dog was born in Croydon so wasn’t that bothered. And it was 20 years ago - I’ve kinda moved on.