Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Hungary / Andorra / Poland

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Looking forward to seeing Poland being charged for booing the national anthem. Even though the TV coverage tried to play noise over it
  • Options
    Cmon England!!!
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing Poland being charged for booing the national anthem. Even though the TV coverage tried to play noise over it
    Well we all know its only England that do it anyway 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Gribbo said:
    I don't blame Rashford for missing a pen for one minute, ditto Saka and Sancho. I just ask the question why Stering didn't step up, seeing as he's "world class", and why Grealish wasn't chosen even though he supposedly volunteered?
    Grealish has said that he did want to take one, and that all the crap about him after the game was a load of typical BS from the press.

Saw an interview with him prior to the Hungary game last week saying that was down to take the sixth penalty and one after Saka. 
    Yeah that's what I meant, he says he volunteered but they went with the youngsters.

Surely the striker's and people who are up for it go for the initial pens, then once you're through that, you have to go round the team, so they wouldn't have had a choice anyway

• Options
    Not sure how thats a booking.

Phillips on a tightrope now
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Is anyone else bothered that Grealish is wearing 7 and Sterling 10, when they wear the opposite for Man City? 

No? Just me then.

As you were…
  • Options
    Some strange refereeing decisions...
  • Options
    Referee’s got money on Poland.
  • Options
    Two corners for England given as goal kicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    How is Phillips going to play his normal game for 83 minutes  in midfield ?
    He has already pulled out of two possible 50/50

Bellingham for Kalvin Phillips at HT if that is still possible ?

I rate Phillips but the situation needs good management.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Rashford should have been nowhere near that Euros squad. Had been injured and/or shite for the entire season, and took now penalty like someone who had barely locked a ball all season.

Picked because of who he plays for, and fits Southgate's preferred personality profile for the squad. 
    Agree 100% with the first part.  First sentence of the second part is utter tosh. 
    If Rashford had a season with the same stats and performances at a West Ham or an Everton, he doesn't make the squad. 

Anyway, on to tonight. A good squad and I think a comfortable 2-0 win.
    There is a massive difference between playing that number of games for Man United than there is for Everton or Westham.  
  • Options
    Kane?????????????
  • Options
    The whole team seems to have no first touch at the moment.
  • Options
    Phillips can’t afford to press now and is getting pressed hard himself. 

Think this could be the time we need Bellingham.
  • Options
    Really poor from Phillips not making that pass to Kane.
  • Options
    Abit scrappy and patchy, but we don’t need to win the game. Poland need to come out more. Defence looks solid enough. Mount doesn’t offer enough at times for me. He’s often in no mans land.
  • Options
    Abit scrappy and patchy, but we don’t need to win the game. Poland need to come out more. Defence looks solid enough. Mount doesn’t offer enough at times for me. He’s often in no mans land.
    Same for me. Think Mount is quality for Chelsea but he’s nowhere near as effective for England. 

If we’re going to allow a player a free role then Foden should be ahead of him by the WC.
  • Options
    I would like Foden to come back in to this side for a bit - and Grealish to drop back into Mounts role (or Foden to drop back)
  • Options
    Got a feeling that we'll struggle to fit Foden into this team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coady for Stones isn't great

To me Coady is fine as a 3rd CB at Wolves, able to organise and be creative, but in a 2 he's not a good enough defender
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Rashford should have been nowhere near that Euros squad. Had been injured and/or shite for the entire season, and took now penalty like someone who had barely locked a ball all season.

Picked because of who he plays for, and fits Southgate's preferred personality profile for the squad. 
    Agree 100% with the first part.  First sentence of the second part is utter tosh. 
    If Rashford had a season with the same stats and performances at a West Ham or an Everton, he doesn't make the squad. 

Anyway, on to tonight. A good squad and I think a comfortable 2-0 win.
    There is a massive difference between playing that number of games for Man United than there is for Everton or Westham.  
     We're not going to agree, so I'll park it. But I feel that sort of opinion proves my point.

This ref is toilet. We're in complete control, just need a goal.
  • Options
    Grealish is so good to watch
  • Options
    Imagine how good Sterling would be if he knew when to release the ball.
  • Options
    England playing a lot of underhit or misplaced passes tonight. Making our own problems as a result 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    More often than not the game just seems to pass Mount by.
  • Options
    Too many of our players don't look at the races so far tonight. Ref is shocking,the poles are fucking wind up merchants as well
  • Options
    poland are no mugs. we should have enough to win this though.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    It feels like a proper Game and not a friendly.
    What happened to cause the aggro ?
  • Options
    Pretty comfortable. I’d take Philips off cos this ref is busy. Lacking a bit of quality in the final third but like I say, a point isn’t the worst.