Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    Real at 11/2 a v decent price
  • Options
    Grealish had him on strings. You love to see it.
  • Options
    I don't recall City being dominated as much as yesterday, especially the second half. Having said that, the antics of Madrid at the end warranted serious punishment. The Police should have kept both teams apart at the end and there shouldn't have been any tunnel incidents.
  • Options
    Hahaha Grealish just called him a cunt and then walked off enjoying the win yet ‘he’s not cut out for these types of atmospheres’

He's cut out for the bench, which is where he was. 

Pep doesn't trust him and you can see why. 
    So you’re talking about his form which is completely different. You’d make a lot more sense if you didn’t add opinions like they’re facts. ‘Pep doesn’t trust him’ oh right, it’s that. Not that he’s got Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, KDB all in better form at the moment.
    Nope. 

Grealish even on the bench couldn't help himself but have verbals with Savic during the game. 

Imagine if he was in Foden or Sterling's position getting lumps kicked out of him. 
    I thought you were clueless when you were having a pop at Southgate for picking Dan James at RB but you try bloody hard to outdo yourself sometimes don't you!
    To be fair he is a Welsh international winger 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Ath Madrid are an anti sporting club and have been ever since the start of Simeone's management .. they live in the shadow of Real and perhaps suffer from an inferiority complex .. they can play good football but that always seems to come second to over physical defending, niggling, complaining and cheating .. City stood up well to them in what was a very intimidating atmosphere on and off the pitch .. Pep says the victory cost them dear, De Bruyne especially is very doubtful for the Cup semi .. I reckon they will go on to win the title but lose to Liverpool this weekend .. still, last night might have stiffened the City resolve, who knows and who'd bet against a Scouse/Manc Euro final .. Man City and Liverpool edge closer to dream Euro final with title fight going to the wire and FA Cup semi on the horizon (thesun.co.uk)

The bookies have Liverpool and City neck and neck to win the title at about 6/5 each, Real at 6/1 ish and Villareal rank outsiders at around 20/1
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Hahaha Grealish just called him a cunt and then walked off enjoying the win yet ‘he’s not cut out for these types of atmospheres’

So you’re talking about his form which is completely different. You’d make a lot more sense if you didn’t add opinions like they’re facts. ‘Pep doesn’t trust him’ oh right, it’s that. Not that he’s got Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, KDB all in better form at the moment.
    Nope. 

Grealish even on the bench couldn't help himself but have verbals with Savic during the game. 

Imagine if he was in Foden or Sterling's position getting lumps kicked out of him. 
    I thought you were clueless when you were having a pop at Southgate for picking Dan James at RB but you try bloody hard to outdo yourself sometimes don't you!
    Nah it's fine I was wrong. 

I can handle a pile on so who cares. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't recall City being dominated as much as yesterday, especially the second half. Having said that, the antics of Madrid at the end warranted serious punishment. The Police should have kept both teams apart at the end and there shouldn't have been any tunnel incidents.
    It was all bloody handbags, lots of posturing and animated finger pointing, I rather enjoyed it, reminded me of good old Sunday football back in 80’s and 90’s. Loved it when Foden was pissing himself laughing when Simone was prancing about pitchside like a drugged up raver 🤪🤪
  • Options
    Ath Madrid are an anti sporting club and have been ever since the start of Simeone's management .. they live in the shadow of Real and perhaps suffer from an inferiority complex .. they can play good football but that always seems to come second to over physical defending, niggling, complaining and cheating .. City stood up well to them in what was a very intimidating atmosphere on and off the pitch .. Pep says the victory cost them dear, De Bruyne especially is very doubtful for the Cup semi .. I reckon they will go on to win the title but lose to Liverpool this weekend .. still, last night might have stiffened the City resolve, who knows and who'd bet against a Scouse/Manc Euro final .. Man City and Liverpool edge closer to dream Euro final with title fight going to the wire and FA Cup semi on the horizon (thesun.co.uk)

The bookies have Liverpool and City neck and neck to win the title at about 6/5 each, Real at 6/1 ish and Villareal rank outsiders at around 20/1
    Still not sure why City-Liverpool couldn't be played on Sunday. Chelsea played on Tuesday night but their semi is Sunday so 5 days but City and Liverpool get less than 72 hours. Stupid scheduling.

Last night i didn't give City much hope for Saturday's semi final, their players were in a real battle. But looking at it their squad depth is ridiculous and from players who didn't start last night they can bring in Dias, Ake, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Grealish, Sterling and Jesus so they're certainly capable of winning. I'd make a full strength Liverpool favourites though.
  • Options

Still not sure why City-Liverpool couldn't be played on Sunday. Chelsea played on Tuesday night but their semi is Sunday so 5 days but City and Liverpool get less than 72 hours. Stupid scheduling.

Last night i didn't give City much hope for Saturday's semi final, their players were in a real battle. But looking at it their squad depth is ridiculous and from players who didn't start last night they can bring in Dias, Ake, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Grealish, Sterling and Jesus so they're certainly capable of winning. I'd make a full strength Liverpool favourites though.
    agreed .. it could be to do with transport .. Easter Sunday travel on public transport is always a problem .. easier for an all London tie to be played then whereas Easter Saturday is a 'normal' trading/travel day making it supposedly easier coming down from the North West ?
  • Options
    I thought travel was messed up anyway, that's why both clubs wanted it to be moved to a northern ground as there are no direct trains south on Saturday as it is. Obviously the FA took the fans into serious consideration and said no. Would've made too much sense to have it at a northern ground 2pm Sunday.
  • Options
    seems the trains are not too badly affected .. there are direct trains from Manc to London .. bus service starts around 11.30ish .. same for the return trip .. the FA is probably contracted to play all 'big' games at Wembley for the next 10 Thousand years .. the 'national stadium' cost so much and there is a need to get the money back .. Journey Planner - Trains Times and Fares - National Rail Enquiries .. ignore the very high fares, anyone coming down should have booked well in advance
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Nope. 

Nah it's fine I was wrong. 

I can handle a pile on so who cares. 
    You're cut out for this kind of atmosphere....
  • Options
    Anyone else think Madrid are overpriced at 5/1 to win at City tonight ?
  • Options
    How many other ex-Charlton players have played in CL Semis?

Jorge Costa is one.
    Alex Song maybe?
    Parker at Chelsea?
    Gomez?
  • Options
    5/1 are great odds on Madrid.

I think they will turn City over tonight 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I want City to win, but have had to have a bet on Madrid at those odds
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Anyone else think Madrid are overpriced at 5/1 to win at City tonight ?
    Yes.

I think City will win but that's overpriced.
  • Options
    Bowyer - Leeds v Valencia - 2001

Bolder (unused sub) Liverpool v Dinamo Bucharest 1984 

Traore, after the event
  • Options
    edited April 2022

I don't think they will try too hard to beat City tonight. They will try to keep it tight. I'm not sure that is the right approach but I think there will be a lot of mutual respect.
  • Options
    Bowyer - Leeds v Valencia - 2001

Bolder (unused sub) Liverpool v Dinamo Bucharest 1984 

Traore, after the event
    Wouldn't count Bolder (didn't play) or Traore (wasn't ex-Charlton at the time, though I appreciate you can read the question either way!), but Bowyer is a good shout.
  • Options

They have a few injuries i think. 
  • Options
    Really hope City give them a good hiding tonight.
  • Options
    Lovely assist from Mahrez
  • Options
    That's a good start. 1-0 less than 2 minutes gone.