Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    Did Gomez and Coquelin play together at Charlton ? 
    Nope never actually played together in a game.

There were a few matches when Coquelin started, or they were both on the bench.

But Gomez wasnt involved in any of those games himself.
  • Options
    Rio and Crouch saying Villarreal were made to look ordinary. They’re shit.
  • Options
    Thankfully I don't know enough Liverpool fans to dislike them. Those that I do know can easily be muted on WhatsApp!

They're a fantastic side to watch and I quite like Utd fans having to endure Liverpool and Man City being light years ahead of them after 2 decades of their English dominance. 

• Options
    I echo FA’s sentiments re Liverpool but I’ll also add the media creaming their pants over anything they do. For what It’s worth I think City and Liverpool are pretty equal in terms of the squad. City have played PSG twice, Atletico and Real Madrid the latter two without a combination of Stones, Diaz, Walker and Cancelo. But apparently Liverpool were “out of this world” beating a europa standard Villareal team with a fully fit first 11. 

Anfield was absolutely dead except for 2 mins at the start and a 5min period when it went 2-0 but apparently it was a cauldron. I get they have to advertise and keep people interested but it’s only whenever it’s Liverpool or United. 

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Has anyone ever seen Thiago give the ball away? His touch, control and passing is unreal.

Liverpool getting him for 20m was an incredible bit of business.
    Yeah transfer wise Klopp has been pretty impressive...... dont get me wrong they spend money but not at the level of many competitors. Likes of Thiago, VVD, Robertson, Konate, Mane, Diaz, Jota...... many other teams would have pissed that money away on squad players.
  • Options
    His transfers have been fantastic. Look at Villa, Spurs, Everton, United spending, he’s done wonders.
  • Options
    I don't share this hatred of Liverpool as I find Klopp likeable and they're easily to best team to watch as a neutral.
  • Options
    I reckon I know about 30 people from Liverpool and not a single one of them would ever say ‘scouse not English’. The fact that some twat on twitter might say it doesn’t make it representative of the city. Get bored with the lazy characterisations. 
  • Options
    Population of Charlton (2011 census) is 14385.
    Your ground is too big for you?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Has anyone ever seen Thiago give the ball away? His touch, control and passing is unreal.

Yeah transfer wise Klopp has been pretty impressive...... dont get me wrong they spend money but not at the level of many competitors. Likes of Thiago, VVD, Robertson, Konate, Mane, Diaz, Jota...... many other teams would have pissed that money away on squad players.
    Find both City and Liverpool impressive in that regard, spend say £30-40m on a player, but they get value - generally quite young (but not risky teenager signings etc, more 23, 24) and then they get all their peak years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just the Liverpool version of Gilbey.
  • Options
    Has the away goals rule permanently stopped?

Good to get rid of it imo 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Villarreal have just made things interesting 
  • Options
    Gerard Moreno was such a big loss in the first leg.
    He is so integral to how Villareal want to play.
  • Options
    What was Trent doing?
  • Options
    G'wan Villareal
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Game on…
  • Options
    Come on Villareal!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh lovely 
  • Options
    And they've only got the same population as a small maisonette in Weston-super-Mare, bless them.
  • Options
    Emery must be one hell of a coach.

Every time I've seen Villareal, Foyth and Capoue have looked more than capable.  Even Lo Celso looks more comfortable.

Btw, now there's no away goals, I'm presuming if this stays 2-0 Villareal then it goes ET?

Please god, that would be handy for Saturday!
  • Options
    Loving the BBC live text updates. One poster thinking it would “be a travesty if Liverpool went out to this bunch”. The entitlement gets worse when they’re losing. 
  • Options
    ffs quadruple banked
  • Options
    ffs quadruple banked
    Villarreal only need one goal...
  • Options
    Bollocks.
  • Options
    ffs quadruple banked
    Villarreal only need one goal...
    No away goals isn’t it?
  • Options