Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    Looking at the clip above I would say that the ball comes off him. Yes, he is making a forward movement but he was not intentionally playing the ball. His movement meant the the ball bounced off him & went towards Benzema . Unless he think he was clearing or passing the ball with his knee.
    What about the first tackle? That's a clear 'playing of the ball'. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Benzema was offside when Valverde played it... shouldn’t matter whether it bounces off 1, 2, 3 or 4 defenders on its way through IMO.
    The Madrid player doesn’t touch it
    If true then there’s no possible way it can be offside. Benzema can’t be offside if he was the last Madrid player to touch the ball.

But I called it as a Valverde touch in real time and no replays I’ve seen since have convinced me otherwise…
  • Options
    Benzema was offside when Valverde played it... shouldn’t matter whether it bounces off 1, 2, 3 or 4 defenders on its way through IMO.
    Valverde doesn't play it though. 
  • Options
    So basically the only way it would never be offside is from a short back pass. Who intentionally plays an offside forward in.
  • Options
    If it comes from a Liverpool forward deflection that’s a goal isn’t it? I don’t understand 
    Has to be deliberate.
    That’s a fucking joke 

I suppose the logic to it would be that if you permitted deflections/ unintentional touches to keep it onside then you could just keep your striker up in the oppos half and just boot it at their last man who may be in your half and hope it deflects and runs on to your striker who would be onside...if that makes sense.
  • Options
    The Madrid player doesn’t touch it
    He absolutely does, comes off the bottom of his boot.
  • Options
    So basically the only way it would never be offside is from a short back pass. Who intentionally plays an offside forward in.
    Well it's any deliberate play of the ball. I think I'm right in saying that had Fabinho gone in for the tackle and poked it towards Benzema it wouldn't have been offside but because Konate got their first and then it unintentionally came off Fabinho it's offside. I could of course be wrong, never know these days. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    If it comes from a Liverpool forward deflection that’s a goal isn’t it? I don’t understand 
    Has to be deliberate.
    That’s a fucking joke 

I suppose the logic to it would be that if you permitted deflections/ unintentional touches to keep it onside then you could just keep your striker up in the oppos half and just boot it at their last man who may be in your half and hope it deflects and runs on to your striker who would be onside...if that makes sense.
    Wasn't the old rule if the deflection majorly changed the path of the ball, it wouldn't be offside? 

Otherwise you're just punishing attackers for defensive mistakes. 
  • Options
    Has to be deliberate.
    That’s a fucking joke 

But in the common sense real world that never happens naturally. Which is why UEFA struggled with it. I’m fact, football was fine with that rule until they interfered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has to be deliberate.
    That’s a fucking joke 

Wasn't the old rule if the deflection majorly changed the path of the ball, it wouldn't be offside? 

Otherwise you're just punishing attackers for defensive mistakes. 
    Not sure mate. I'm normally about 5 years behind when it comes to  understanding rule changes!
  • Options
    Justice. 
  • Options
    Hala Madrid 
  • Options
    oooof
  • Options
    Crap from Alexander-Arnold that. He looked and knew he was there and still left him.
  • Options
    Alexander-Arnold showing why he doesn't start for England there. 
  • Options
    That's why Trent isn't the best English RB
  • Options
    As a English fan not impressed by Trent’s defending there at all.
  • Options
    Wow. 

Don't have sky sports/ BT sports so unfortunately don't see a lot of european football but as predicted by some earlier on this thread it seems to be what Mardid's game plan was.

Thought it looked off at first sight.
  • Options
    maybe it was offside

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id actually like to see the lines, thought he looked inches offside 
  • Options
    Crap from Alexander-Arnold that. He looked and knew he was there and still left him.
    And that’s why he won’t start for England in Qatar
  • Options
    Good play from Madrid that. TAA not defending the back post, shock. 
  • Options
    Liverpool attack with 8 players, 
    Superb defending by Trent AA but Madrid could get behind them with one class long pass.

They did you there TAA.
  • Options
    There are 2 ahead of him in the pecking order - 1 if Walker plays RCB.
  • Options
    Really well worked goal 

This Madrid is unusually functional for  Real team, working hard and defending as a team. A bit Mourinhoish.
  • Options
    Madrid clearly watched Man City play against Trent. He is prone to wingers running past him in behind. 
  • Options
    Ancelotti hates Liverpool
  • Options
    There are 2 ahead of him in the pecking order - 1 if Walker plays RCB.
    Agreed. Plus James has the benefit of 3/5 at the back experience. Admittedly, Walker at RCB would help Trent as he'd naturally be able to cover but I'd still go James. 
  • Options
    Salah and Mane need to find a spark.
    Just like that Mo.