Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    The White team will get better the longer the game goes on.
  • Options
    Liverpool battering them. Could finish 4 nil this.
    To be fair this has happened in a lot of  Madrid games this Champions League campaign. 
    They have a knack of somehow staying in the game and then coming on strong late on. 
  • Options
    TAA having a blinder so far. Gotta be England's starting right back in world Cup.
    He is having a blinder. Problem is England probably need a right back who isn’t three quarters of the way up the pitch….
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    This just shows the media don’t know very much about actual football supporting. It’s a regular scene abroad (esp) and domestically that when people stand like most away supports do, you get areas of the stand where people congregate more and other areas that can look pretty empty. Even Charlton away games can be like that.

ive been in end where you’ve 2or 3 people to each seat space, then you see the highlights in tv and the far end of the stand is half empty.

You also have the fact that standing full stop means people spread out into the stairwell. Madrid unlikely to be standing down the side I suspect.
  • Options
    French police are and will always be, bullying scum.
  • Options
    I've never, ever understood why fans turn up to games they don't have a ticket for. If ever we ended up in a cup final...yeah, I know, I know...and I couldn't get a ticket the very last place I'd want to be is stuck outside the stadium. What's the point? 
    Because their plan is to not get stuck outside the stadium. They want to storm the gates to get free entry and will try everything they can to get in.
    I'm sure a few think like that but I expect the majority go hoping that they can secure a ticket from a tout or from a fellow supporter who might have a "spare"". And then if they cant they will watch it in a pub/bar or on a giant screen somewhere (no idea if they do this for CL final just generalising).
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    This just shows the media don’t know very much about actual football supporting. It’s a regular scene abroad (esp) and domestically that when people stand like most away supports do, you get areas of the stand where people congregate more and other areas that can look pretty empty. Even Charlton away games can be like that.

ive been in end where you’ve 2or 3 people to each seat space, then you see the highlights in tv and the far end of the stand is half empty.

You all so have the fact that standing full stop means people forward out into the stairwell.
    Just interesting it only happens in one end then eh? 

If you're watching the game, people are literally sitting on the stairs in the Liverpool end. This isn't a 'standing' issue. They don't have seats and are sitting on the stairs. 
  • Options
    Anything happening on the pitch?
  • Options
    A lot of shit going round on twitter.

This has been posted in some places as 'Liverpool fans trying to break into the stadium'. If you look into it properly it's actually outside the stadium and they're trying to get up onto a ramp that takes you to the stadium.
    But why let truth get in the way of a good story.

Has Hillsborough & the lies that have since come out not showed it's best to wait until all the facts are in before deciding on who's to blame.
  • Options
    Liverpool attack with 8 players, 
    Superb defending by Trent AA but Madrid could get behind them with one class long pass.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some fans are in the ground without tickets. 

The organisation outside of the stadium has been a disgrace. 

Thousands of fans turning up without tickets has made those problems worse. 

The police are scum. 

All can be and are true. 
    You missed out one bit. 

Liverpool fans are scum 
  • Options

You all so have the fact that standing full stop means people forward out into the stairwell.

If you're watching the game, people are literally sitting on the stairs in the Liverpool end. This isn't a 'standing' issue. They don't have seats and are sitting on the stairs. 
    Prob can’t get to the seats, I’ve been there (that kind of situation) away with England plenty of times, even with Charlton in sold out away ends. You get there late and often have nowhere to go.

Not saying there will be none without tickets in there, that would be unrealistic, but it’s not as simple as just that.
  • Options
    Salah is an odd one for me. Clearly a top class player but sometimes I watch him play and he just seems very ordinary in comparison to other world class forwards 
  • Options

Prob can’t get to the seats, I’ve been there (that kind of situation) away with England plenty of times, even with Charlton in sold out away ends. You get there late and often have nowhere to go.

Not saying there will be none without tickets in there, that would be unrealistic, but it’s not as simple as just that.
    So it's Liverpool fans sitting in the wrong seats and Liverpool fans that broke into the stadium.
  • Options
    A lot of shit going round on twitter.

This has been posted in some places as 'Liverpool fans trying to break into the stadium'. If you look into it properly it's actually outside the stadium and they're trying to get up onto a ramp that takes you to the stadium.
    But why let truth get in the way of a good story.

Has Hillsborough & the lies that have since come out not showed it's best to wait until all the facts are in before deciding on who's to blame.
    It's definitely the reason why the media are choosing to only talk about the French police rather than ALL of the issues tonight about the crowding. 
  • Options

This.

I've seen tweets from Shearer & Lineker saying how bad is was outside the ground.
  • Options
    1. Yes, hardly groundbreaking behaviour , 2. No idea, some will have of course but not seen enough/heard enough evidence to give an opinion yet. And a few social media videos that’s contain no context are not reliable.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    TAA having a blinder so far. Gotta be England's starting right back in world Cup.
    He is having a blinder. Problem is England probably need a right back who isn’t three quarters of the way up the pitch….

Trent Alexander-Arnold spends more time forward similar to Shaw in Euro's. They are set up that Konate has to cover. Liverpool take more chances than any other team.
    Again it's Konate that is picking Vinicius  That is the risk that Klopp will take.
  • Options
    That's a goal 100% 

Liverpool defender knocked it into Benzema's path. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont you just love VAR
  • Options
    I thought the initial move was offside. 
  • Options
    That's a goal 100% 

Liverpool defender knocked it into Benzema's path. 
    No way was it deliberate though 
  • Options
    Joke of a decision. Liverpool player knocks it into another Liverpool player into Benzema's path. He can't be offside. 
  • Options

Trent Alexander-Arnold spends more time forward similar to Shaw in Euro's. They are set up that Konate has to cover. Liverpool take more chances than any other team.
    Again it's Konate that is picking Vinicius  That is the risk that Klopp will take.
    It’s Reece James for England still for me 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    Called that as offside myself although can see the argument for allowing the goal too. Bit of a grey area.
  • Options
    Would have been the worst goal of all time so I'm happy the Falangist scum had it chalked off tbh
  • Options
    Liverpool needed half time there, Madrid starting to get on top towards the end of that half
  • Options
    If it comes from a Liverpool forward deflection that’s a goal isn’t it? I don’t understand