Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    Madrid are aiming to keep it tight then bring on their attacking subs Chuks Aneke and Jonny Williams later in the second half
  • Options
    Joke of a decision. Liverpool player knocks it into another Liverpool player into Benzema's path. He can't be offside. 
    Bloody British referees. Useless ain't they.
  • Options
    unbelievable decision. Comes back off a Liverpool defender. Can’t be offside in a million years 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Surely it becomes another passage of play when the Liverpool player blocks the pass and it moves away from goal?

It then hits another Liverpool player to go back towards the goal again. 

Benzema can't be offside from a passage of play that was already stopped. 
  • Options
    That's a goal 100% 

Liverpool defender knocked it into Benzema's path. 
    No way was it deliberate though 
    Why would any defender deliberately play it to a striker? Is this “only if it’s intentional” a new interpretation of the laws? 
  • Options
    How was that not given ? 
  • Options
    Looks like Konate plays it against Fabinho which then rolled through to Benzema
  • Options
    I would’ve thought that the second deflection is a new ‘play’ and therefore Liverpool have passed the ball to Benzema.

Probably another rule that needs more clarification. 
  • Options
    I think I should have been a goal although with the rules it was correctly ruled out. Rule is stupid though, not sure it needed changing 
  • Options
    I thought it was offside. In the old days it would have been offside in 5 seconds and move on. Now we have an over-complicated rule set and a 4 minute VAR check. Then it looks onside because of the new phase of play, but it's called offside. Minutes wasted and we still feel like the wrong decision was reached even though it used to be right and wouldn't really have been controversial at all. Modern football eh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valverde hits it against Konate, then hits Fabinho and into the path of Benzema.
  • Options
    Joke of a decision. Liverpool player knocks it into another Liverpool player into Benzema's path. He can't be offside. 
    Bloody British referees. Useless ain't they.
    Terrible rule more like. 

VAR just amplfies these nonsense laws. 
  • Options
    Unless there’s a forward touch by a Madrid player then offside is irrelevant no? I don’t understand this intentional thing 
  • Options
    So as long as you slide a bit as a defender when touching the ball, a forward behind you is always offside? 
  • Options
    If it comes from a Liverpool forward deflection that’s a goal isn’t it? I don’t understand 
    Has to be deliberate.
  • Options
    If a ball is crossed into the box and it flicks a defenders head into an attackers path who would otherwise have been offside, then it’s play on isn’t it? Why is this any different?
  • Options
    Benzema was offside when Valverde played it... shouldn’t matter whether it bounces off 1, 2, 3 or 4 defenders on its way through IMO.
  • Options
    Rio is thick isn’t he!
  • Options
    Valverde hits it against Konate, then hits Fabinho and into the path of Benzema.
    The ball travelled in the direction that Fabinho hit it with his knee. It’s not a “deflection”. If you throw your leg towards a football, make connection with the football and the ball then travels in that same direction I can’t see how it’s a simple, unintentional, deflection. 
  • Options
    Benzema was offside when Valverde played it... shouldn’t matter whether it bounces off 1, 2, 3 or 4 defenders on its way through IMO.
    It's amazing how simple this can be if we let it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    But it was cleared, the ball moved away from the goal. It should be a new passage of play. 

If we take it further, lets say Konate knocked the ball out to the centre circle. Benzema runs back and makes a last ditch tackle to save a break, he's apparently offside still? 
  • Options
    If it comes from a Liverpool forward deflection that’s a goal isn’t it? I don’t understand 
    Has to be deliberate.
    That’s a fucking joke 
  • Options
    Unless there’s a forward touch by a Madrid player then offside is irrelevant no? I don’t understand this intentional thing 
    You are not offside if the ball is "played" by the opposition. In this instance the ball was not "played" by the opposition but was "deflected" by him. There is a difference. Fabinho did not intentionally play the ball. 
  • Options
    You are not offside if the ball is "played" by the opposition. In this instance the ball was not "played" by the opposition but was "deflected" by him. There is a difference. Fabinho did not intentionally play the ball. 
    Konate deliberately made a tackle and played the ball no? Otherwise it's a penalty. 
  • Options
    Madrid will be happy with the scoreline as they have better impact players on the bench

We saw that in the FA Cup final where Liverpool have a world class starting 11, but lack a bit of creative magic on the bench if it's scoreless.
  • Options
    Looking at the clip above I would say that the ball comes off him. Yes, he is making a forward movement but he was not intentionally playing the ball. His movement meant the the ball bounced off him & went towards Benzema . Unless he think he was clearing or passing the ball with his knee.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The Madrid player doesn’t touch it
  • Options
    I was saying to my son during the first half that Liverpool have to make their possession count.

My bet is on Real Madrid to win it now.