Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Crawley - Papa was a Rolling Stone - Preview / Match Thread

Anyone going tonight?

what we expecting team wise?

Comments

• Options
    Heard it’s on Talksport 2 tonight, 7pm kick off.
  • Options
    Can be streamed for £10 on CharltonTV

Bit strange seeing that both the League Cup and Trophy are EFL competitions

One can be streamed, the other could not
  • Options
    Im going, cant get enough Charlton right now. 
  • Options
    I’m going. Not entirely sure why, but I guess part of me still thinks back to how much I was craving live football during lockdown and now I just want to go to as many games as I can.
  • Options
    I expect I will be parting with 10 big ones and watching at home with a vomiting partner and toddler.

They are ill, don't think it's the Charlton performance that will bring them to it. 
  • Options
    The team news from the u23s game at 2pm should be interesting.

Dobson and Clare I expect to see, maybe Lee Jnr, is it to early for Purrington.  Then there is the Rocket Ronnie question.

Lets see the 2pm team first, if we ever do. 
  • Options
    Me and my 2 boys will be there
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I might buy it and watch on TV if the team looks of some interest. Waiting to see what it is.
  • Options
    I'll be doing a players marks and a very basic Statbank
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got no real interest in the game, but not reason not to name a reasonably strong squad, seeing that we have the weekend off anyway
  • Options
    Might go but haven't decided yet. Might end up being a waste of money/time but have no other plans this evening
  • Options
    Not been yet this season due to Covid and holidays so tempted by tonight but always swore I would not go to this crap cup whilst u23 teams are in it so will follow on here.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Got no real interest in the game, but not reason not to name a reasonably strong squad, seeing that we have the weekend off anyway
    Personally giving players game time is more important than the result. Like to see some of youngsters in. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Personally giving players game time is more important than the result. Like to see some of youngsters in. 
    But we also have senior pros who might benefit from game time. Pearce, Dobson, Clare, CBT, Ronnie (?), Purrington if he can get some minutes, Lee?
  • Options

A very young team, maybe says a bit about Vennings future?  Not a lot else to go on. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

A very young team, maybe says a bit about Vennings future?  Not a lot else to go on. 
    If Dobson and Clare are playing tonight, the central midfield slots are largely taken anyway
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If Dobson and Clare are playing tonight, the central midfield slots are largely taken anyway
    Play Clare for the full 90?
  • Options
    What’s the rules around this comp this year with regards to playing first teamers?

Seems crazy we’ve a u23 game on same day 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    What’s the rules around this comp this year with regards to playing first teamers?

Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

The four Qualifying players have to be from this

is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

So our ten highest appearance makers are:

MacGillivray | Gunter | Stockley | Morgan - Having played six games
    Dobson | Famewo | Jaiyesimi | Washington | Matthews | Inniss | Watson | Clare - Having played five games

So if you had to pick four from those: Morgan, Matthews, Clare, Dobson?
  • Options
    redman said:
    But we also have senior pros who might benefit from game time. Pearce, Dobson, Clare, CBT, Ronnie (?), Purrington if he can get some minutes, Lee?
    Agree. So a mixture. Certainly expect to see Barker, Clayden, Davisson and Roddy playing. The latter because it's too early for Purrington I expect. Be very close to CoveredEndLad 's team above which is a decent balance. 
  • Options

They have either abolished the first team rules or don't enforce it.  We have played a proper u23s team the last few times we have been in it.

Stuff like this didn't help https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3823080/amp/After-Bradford-s-goalkeeper-substitution-just-three-minutes-EFL-Trophy-descended-farce.html 
  • Options
    I‘ll have a pop, potentially this or thereabouts?:

Harness
    Barker, Elerewe, Pearce, Roddy
    Clare, Dobson, Dempsey 
    Davison, Schwartz, Clayden
  • Options

Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;
    Not helped when 2 of the 10 players with the most appearances are away on international duty

Fortunately Dobson and Clare fit that criteria. Might then have to start 2 out of Matthews, Morgan, DJ or Famewo? Stockley I assume would be rested
  • Options
    I want to see schwartz shine with somewhat more of a proper first team with him. I don't want to see too many youth players
  • Options
    I literally couldn't be less interested in a Charlton home fixture
  • Options
    I want to see schwartz shine with somewhat more of a proper first team with him. I don't want to see too many youth players
    I just want to see Ronnie play. 
  • Options
    I'm going. Mainly cos it's my first day back at work and I need something to get me through the day. Yeah, low expectations hope to see some of the younger payers give Adkins some selection headaches
  • Options
    what time does the Charlton TV prog start?