Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Cheltenham Town Match Thread 11/09/21

Comments

• LoOkOuT said:
    Until now, Adkins and co haven’t had a bench to work with. He has tools now to make a difference and get us back into this, whether bringing Leko, or Washington, or someone else on, inspiring them to compete harder, or changing formation. Whatever it is, he needs to do something.
    What he needs to do is get Morts and Curbs into the dressing room, they will sort it 
  • 1st goal - Playground defending 

2nd goal - Couldn't tell ya, nodded off
  • Blame Adkins all you want but no matter what manager we have, we're lumbered with Morgan and Watson in the CM position and Gunter at LB. 

Basically asking him to fight with one arm and one leg. 
    Blame Adkins all you want but no matter what manager we have, we're lumbered with Morgan and Watson in the CM position and Gunter at LB. 

Basically asking him to fight with one arm and one leg. 
    None of those 3 should have started...... or have we gone back in time a month & havent signed anyone new. 
  • _MrDick said:
    The bloke who’s just hit the bar in the crossbar challenge …. Get him on. Can’t do any worse. £8500 he’s just won. Well done 🍾
    He got closer to getting the ball in the back of the net than any of the muppets in red on the field and he wasn’t even trying to score 
  • edited September 2021
  • The thing I notice is when we push forward:

Our passing is slow so we run offside or have to check back which kills our momentum.

The number of times I have seen our players receive the ball and have no easy pass to keep an attack going. Cheltenham always have two or three making themselves available to keep the attack flowing, hence they cruise forward at speed, while we keep having to stop and go back.
  • I've seen some shit football from us over the years but that was up there with some of the worst, really glad we chose this one as our first game back since Feb 2020!!!! 
  • And yet the preview was full of 3-1 / 3-0 / 4-1 predictions.

Not from me. I said we'd lose 3-1 if startted with Watson & Gunter and win if Papa & Arter played.

No point bringing players in if they are not fit so you don't play them. 
    I expect it’s more about a limited time training with the team than fitness.

After that first half it’s a relief we’ve brought in signings as we have players in there who need replacing.
  • Redhenry said:
    Not at the game, but would like to hear from somebody that actually is. Can't be all Gunters fault
    Gunter, Matthews, Watson, Morgan, Kirk all not good enough today.
    add to that Lavelle, Famewo, DJ, and Stockley.

Only MacGillivray and lee come out of that half with any credit.
  • Redhenry said:
    Not at the game, but would like to hear from somebody that actually is. Can't be all Gunters fault
    Absolutely no protection from Kirk at all. Morgan and Watson non existent so famewo is getting dragged out there as well. 
    Kirk looks so disinterested it’s unreal. 
    Morgan just is not good enough. 
    Matthews not having a good game either. 
    Lavelle has looked nervous. 
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    Our signings have had over a week training with us.  We should be playing them.

Arter hasn’t, he’s been away with Ireland. Even signed for us while with them.
  • Cloudworm said:
    Kirk got to do something very soon. Him and Jaiyasimi had added zilch 
    I've not really been impressed with Kirk at all since we got him. Looks slow, always wants to cut in on his right, and does not track back well. 

I'm sure he has more, and the whole team have not been performing well, so hard to really judge him - but I'd hoping to have seen a little more. 
  • Been at a kids party and just got home and read through thread without knowing score, and hoping that the next page showed us turning it around. 

Load of bollox 
  • How can a pro team train all week and not practice pass and move. Even my sunday league team would pass and move. Sorry if the negativity upsets a few but that was fcking pony. We should be at least 3 down Something has to change 2nd half.
  • msomerton said:
    This is why I do not like signing players late in the transfer window. It could be 6 to 8 weeks before see them fully match fitvsnd integrated into the team. In the meantime the test of the rubbish loose more games.
    THIS.

Been saying it for months but apparently I was a bedwetter & all would be fine once we signed some players.

I have the final transfer dealings a 7/10 as I thought some of the signings seemed more than ok. BUT YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE FECKERS.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Leko for Kirk, Washington for Lee
    Lee is really not the problem. It is just that he is too far forward and isolated. Washington on, Morgan off and play Lee in the middle of the park. And Leko for the player who is pretending to be Kirk 
  • We don't have a single left footed player (am counting Famewo's passing). This season is going to be a grind.
  • Bowled my 8 overs, got my VPN working, bought the stream. Let's do this Charlton 
  • Adkins out .. bring in a young manager who knows what he's doing .. OR better, give it to Jackson .. Adkins was a BAD BAD appointment, his day is long gone
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    1st goal - Playground defending 

2nd goal - Couldn't tell ya, nodded off
    So did the team. 
  • Sounds like it has taken literally DAYS to Charltonise Kirk.

Morgan failed experiment.
  • People moaned about Robinson because he wouldn’t change formation. But all I hear is we should play 4231 now if we going to play it we can’t play stockley.he can’t play the system. 
  • There midfield isn’t quick and incisive, our is slow and non existent, that’s where we are getting done every time, and then nothing going forward. As I’ve always said and it’s not all his fault, but we’re not challenging relying on Albie.
  • Morgan needs to be subbed for his own mental health. Watson might as well be sitting in the stands and Gunter and Matthews are ineffective at defending or attacking. Apart from that all looks good.
  • We have a crossbar challenge winner! £8,500 has been won by lucky supporter Paul who celebrates with a knee slide! Congrats, Paul!
  • The Addicks hit the field for the second half and it looks like Jonathan Leko will be entering the fray...
  • Just said to dad, we've performed just how we would when playing another (local) team in blue at home. Just looked like scared pathetic amateurs. In fact that's unfair on amateurs! 

Morts saying "too much not getting right and too much needed to change that it's hard to work out how to turn it around second half. Many players 4-5/10 this half.". 
    Curbs "Stockley, worst ball control ever seen him play for Charlton. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Leko for Kirk, Washington for Lee
    Dazzler mate I have never disagreed with one of your posts before but are you pissed mate ? Lee has to stay on surely, agree Leo for kirk and I would also swap CBT for DJ.

Also swap anyone in the crowd for Morgan lol
  • Kirk’s off. That ain’t the problem. The problem is Watson, Morgan and Gunter 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!