Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    red10 said:
    Would pissing on them be deemed assult / indecent exposure ?
    Not if I done it, it wouldn't. Mine done show beyond me under crackers this time of year
    Some things are best left unknown...
    Hope you're not spending too much time on it mate...

;)
  • Options
    surprised drivers are still showing that much restraint to be honest - not sure I could if I were there in my car
  • Options
    surprised drivers are still showing that much restraint to be honest - not sure I could if I were there in my car
    First thing first I would warn them not to touch my vehicle !!!
    would you warn them as you were driving over them ;)
  • Options
    As I rolled across them I would of course apologise, being the polite gent that I am 😛
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Are these people fair weather protestors? Never see them when it's chucking it down. Maybe the glue won't stick?
  • Options
    No. Afterwards. 

"I think we all learned a very important lesson about private property..."
  • Options
    Has anybody thought of treacle and a wasps nest or a beehive? The authorities won’t prosecute hymenoptera going about their business.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll bring a few asian hornets over, they'll get em moving
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Some people can't win. It's either -

- look at him in his private jet,.
    or 
    - oh yeah but he can afford it.

I think the point is that, if you can afford to do more, you should.
    A fair point. 
  • Options
    Believe Boris purchased water cannons when he was Mayor of London but dear old Theresa May got rid of them when she was Home Secretary, one of the many stupid things that useless woman  did! She is almost what Angela Raynor is to the Tories she is to Labour. Reason Corbyn got so many votes.
  • Options
    Believe Boris purchased water cannons when he was Mayor of London but dear old Theresa May got rid of them when she was Home Secretary, one of the many stupid things that useless woman  did! She is almost what Angela Raynor is to the Tories she is to Labour. Reason Corbyn got so many votes.
    You're suggesting water cannon should be used on these protesters? And you think it was a good thing that Johnson had bought these originally?
    Reality check just for you @Silverdreammachine :) -

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/19/boris-johnson-unused-water-cannon-sold-for-scrap-at-300000-loss
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Honestly, if I was an investigative journalist right now if be doing a deep dive on this lot 
    With a view to exposing what?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    Honestly, if I was an investigative journalist right now if be doing a deep dive on this lot 
    That's what the investigation is for 
    Okay, but you must suspect something to have mentioned it
  • Options
    Just seen Liam Norton being interviewed. The man is so monstrously thick, he's gotta be a patsy of some kind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worth ruling out if there are a bunch of naive people being brainwashed by a person planted by the authorities in order to distract from other things.
    It may be that Liam Norton is a sincere eco warrior rather than a callous manipulator.
    An investigation might establish what kind of bona fides he has, I certainly wouldn’t allow myself to be ‘led’ by him unless I knew a lot about him.
    Deliberate or not these protests are a distraction from other current issues.
    They are foolish in the extreme, and if there is a reaction…we’ll it’s hard to stop people being people I suppose.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Strange the police say they attended within 5 minutes, no sign of them in that video. One of the protestors is married to one of the TFL chiefs who job it is to keep london traffic moving, his salary is reported to be £170K. He is leaving the job at the end of October.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    Honestly, if I was an investigative journalist right now if be doi
     ng a deep dive on this lot 
    Their shocking lack of diversity?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Strange the police say they attended within 5 minutes, no sign of them in that video. One of the protestors is married to one of the TFL chiefs who job it is to keep london traffic moving, his salary is reported to be £170K. He is leaving the job at the end of October.
    Oh? What's that?
  • Options
    I have decided that if I am in a car like that lady that I am going to get it & ask then to move. I will tell them, to camera, that I will be getting into my car & will be moving slowly forwards. If they get in my way then that is down to them. Fair warning. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Worth ruling out if there are a bunch of naive people being brainwashed by a person planted by the authorities in order to distract from other things.
    It may be that Liam Norton is a sincere eco warrior  rather than a callous manipulator.
    An investigation might establish what kind of bona fides he has, I certainly wouldn’t allow myself to be ‘led’ by him unless I knew a lot about him.
    Deliberate or not these protests are a distraction from other current issues.
    They are foolish in the extreme, and if there is a reaction…we’ll it’s hard to stop people being people I suppose.
    Christ, he’s not exactly Dave Angel is he! 

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    Well one of them (a lady in her 50's) is the partner of an official within Transport for London. He's on £170k pa. 

Go figure.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    Well one of them (a lady in her 50's) is the partner of an official within Transport for London. He's on £170k pa. 

Go figure.
    Tfl only have between 500 to 600 members of staff on 6 figure salaries. No wonder they are broke.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Leuth said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Oh? What's that?

An Insulate Britain protester who is married to a Transport for London boss has said she is “just a human being doing her best”.

Cathy Eastburn, who has previously vowed to “unleash hell” on drivers and has been arrested on numerous occasions for blocking the M25, lives with Benedict Plowden, a TfL director, in south London and has allowed a fellow activist to stay at their home, according to reports. Speaking from the gates of their private estate, Eastburn, 54, told the Daily Mail: “As you already know, my husband works for TfL. I’m working as an activist, if you want to call it that. But I’m just a human doing my best.”

Now it has been revealed she is the wife of Benedict Plowden, 58, who earns a £170,000-a-year salary with the transport body.

He is in charge of the capital’s Covid Restart and Recovery Scheme, tasked with ‘getting London moving after the pandemic’.

Mr Plowden and Ms Eastburn share a £1.5million home in south London. It is believed to have been used by Extinction Rebellion veteran David McKenny, 38.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!