Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Insulate Britain Protests (Blackwall Tunnel p22)

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    Honestly, if I was an investigative journalist right now if be doing a deep dive on this lot 
    With a view to exposing what?
    Well one of them (a lady in her 50's) is the partner of an official within Transport for London. He's on £170k pa. 

Go figure.

Go figure what?

I don't believe there's any conspiracy here mate.

All I figure is that they're just a bunch of out of touch privileged people, who think their opinion is more important than other people's liberty. If anyone calls them out, they trot out the current phrase of the moment - "You just don't understand" - a bit like petulant teenagers who can't get an extra fiver out if mummy and daddy.

• Options
    I reckon there have been several arrests of these idiots. Have any been fined/jailed as the Government have threatened. 
    I'd guess nope.
  • Options
    Can we all take a second to watch this masterpiece it will ease the tension.

https://twitter.com/lameavenger/status/1448205596327567361?s=24
  • Options
    I reckon there have been several arrests of these idiots. Have any been fined/jailed as the Government have threatened. 
    I'd guess nope.
    They want to be in prison for COP26 so they can claim to be "political prisoners" at a point when the world's governments are in town.

On that basis, they won't be imprisoned and it's wise not to submit to their underlying motivation. It means that we will see more disruption.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    Honestly, if I was an investigative journalist right now if be doing a deep dive on this lot 
    With a view to exposing what?
    Well one of them (a lady in her 50's) is the partner of an official within Transport for London. He's on £170k pa. 

Go figure.

Go figure what?

I don't believe there's any conspiracy here mate.

All I figure is that they're just a bunch of out of touch privileged people, who think their opinion is more important than other people's liberty. If anyone calls them out, they trot out the current phrase of the moment - "You just don't understand" - a bit like petulant teenagers who can't get an extra fiver out if mummy and daddy.

👍
  • Options
    Vegetarian.
    However you have a good point.
    Maybe the plan some people have to run the protestors down, or over, will prevail.
  • Options
    i still don’t really know what they’re protesting about, tho I haven’t taken much interest in their plight. Summink about they want the government to pay to have their lofts insulated. Why don’t they just pay for their own? That’s what I did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As someone who believes in the ideas but not the continuation of the protests in this form I’m baffled by what they hope to achieve by the disruption of ordinary folk going about their business. There has to come a point where they say ‘we’ve made a point, let’s move onto Plan B’ for this to have any impact. With no deviation from the current methods then I tend to think Leuth has a point. 
  • Options
    As someone who believes in the ideas but not the continuation of the protests in this form I’m baffled by what they hope to achieve by the disruption of ordinary folk going about their business. There has to come a point where they say ‘we’ve made a point, let’s move onto Plan B’ for this to have any impact. With no deviation from the current methods then I tend to think Leuth has a point. 
    Is anyone against their ideas/message? Must be a tiny amount of people, it’s their method of delivery that is lunacy. 

Almost as ridiculous as the tin foil hat stuff from Leuth. 
  • Options
    Is anyone against their ideas/message? Must be a tiny amount of people, it’s their method of delivery that is lunacy. 

TBH not entirely sure what part two of their demands actually is;

That the UK government immediately promises to produce within four months a legally binding national plan to fully fund and take responsibility for the full low-energy and low-carbon whole-house retrofit , with no externalised costs, of all homes in Britain by 2030 as part of a just transition to full decarbonisation of all parts of society and the economy.

Is that just insulation, new boilers for all?
  • Options
    Get plenty of boilers down The Millers on Bexley
  • Options
    I quiet like the idea of letting the protestors glue themselves to the road and then tickling them without mercy.
    Isn’t that what the police tried? Along with the tea and sandwiches.
  • Options
    If I was driving around London I would make sure I had a supply of strong cable ties in my vehicle.  They want to be martyrs well cable tie their wrists to the railings or something, after you have gently assisted them from the road, ingenuity and a slither of false imprisonment over violence.
  • Options

I'm not convinced. Obviously nobody sensible doubts that climate change is real and that dealing with it should be our number one priority but I've not seen any real analysis that insulating homes is the first and most important thing we should do to combat climate change. In any event, the Government basically can't go beyond its existing grant plans or it looks like they are giving in to blackmail. 
  • Options
    Must get some more insulation foil for behind my radiators today.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    You'll need it more for your head mate! Chemtraaaails
  • Options
    I heard a woman on the wireless saying that the UK outsources it’s use of fossil fuel to China.
    The argument being all the stuff we want to buy (on the cheap) is made in China for us, and they need power to manufacture what we consume.
  • Options
    Yeah. "But Chiiinaaaa" is weaksauce and I see it every time the need for reduced emissions is raised now. 
  • Options
    Seems that Insulate Britain are suspending protests until 25th October
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yeah. "But Chiiinaaaa" is weaksauce and I see it every time the need for reduced emissions is raised now. 
    4,000 tons imported from China in 2018 and 7,000 tons imported in 2019.

North China's Inner Mongolia region has told more than 70 mines to boost annual output capacity by nearly 100 million tonnes, according to the Reuters news agency, citing a government official and coal traders.

The area is the country's second-largest producer of coal.

The proposed increase in output of 100 million tonnes would amount to almost 3% of China's total annual thermal coal consumption.

So China's annual output of coal mining is 3.3 billion tons, whilst we ban the use of domestic coal in May 2023.

You're a funny guy @Leuth

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Does anyone else refer to IB (as in Insulate Britain) as Irritable Bowel? Just wondering.
  • Options
    Does anyone else refer to IB (as in Insultate Britain) as Irritable Bowel? Just wondering.
    I've opted for 'ignominious bellends'.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Does anyone else refer to IB (as in Insultate Britain) as Irritable Bowel? Just wondering.
    ."Irritating Bullshit" B)
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I've opted for 'ignominious bellends'.
    Ignoranti bastardis.
  • Options
    Inconsiderate Bedwetters.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!