Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Portsmouth | Saturday 25th September 2021

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
Pompey at home. Need to win.

Charlton: MacGillivray; Matthews, Lavelle, Pearce (c), Souaré; Gilbey, Watson, Arter; Leko, Stockley, Lee

Subs: Henderson, Famewo, Dobson, Clare, Blackett-Taylor, Kirk, Davison

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Charlton: MacGillivray; Matthews, Lavelle, Pearce (c), Souaré; Gilbey, Watson, Arter; Leko, Stockley, Lee

But won't.
  • Options
    Adkins confirms a form of 4-3-3/4-2-31, main question is how the middle 3 will line up.

“Three in the middle of the park - Ben Watson was outstanding in midweek, Harry Arter comes and joins him with Alex Gilbey. He’s making his first start since last season after getting some game time the other day so that’s a big plus for us.

“Up front Jayden Stockley comes back in at centre-forward - I thought Josh Davison was outstanding the other night. Conor Washington’s not fit but hopefully he’ll be alright for Tuesday. Elliot Lee will just play narrow on the left-hand side and [Jonathan] Leko will play on the right-hand side to give us that bit of pace.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/614f1aff8d6e6/team-news-gilbey-starts-portsmouth-clash

CM

Matthews Lavelle Pearce Souare

Watson  Arter

Gilbey
    Leko                              Lee

Stockley
  • Options

See Henderson named on the bench.

• Options
    Pedestrian midfield and no width.  MOM from Tuesday on the bench. Clueless. Absolutely clueless. 

Might just work!
  • Options
    Message received re: Morgan
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Oggy Red said:

But won't.

Oh ye of little faith!!
    Second half super subs will see us home CBT & Davison no problems...
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    MacGillivray 
    Matthews - Lavelle - Pearce - Souare 
    Gilbey - Watson - Arter 
    Leko - Stockley - Lee 

Not sure I'm too fussed either way with that, but understand we're looking to avoid injuries. 

Lee hopefully can do the Washington role and Arter replaces Morgan and Gilbey hopefully can do the same job Lee did last week.

Hope Purrington is only missing due to frequency and lasting the full 90 on his return.

2-1.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

But won't.
    That's the spirit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CBT suits being a sub. No problem with him being benched
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Leuth said:
    Message received re: Morgan
    Happy to see Gunter left out completely. Also missing are DJ, Purrington, Elewere and the four out injured (JFC, Schwartz, Inniss, Washington). Anyone else?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yeah more than happy to see him running at tired defenders. Not sure about Lee out on that side though, will he be getting back to support Souare.

Think I'd rather have seen Arter, Gilbey and Lee as the midfield 3. And given Kirk a chance with a better left back (then Gunter) behind him. 
  • Options
    Odd that CBT is benched. He was outstanding midweek. 
  • Options
    Albie not even in the squad! Who'll get the blame today then?
  • Options
    At first glance that's a weird selection. Will reserve judgement. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yeah more than happy to see him running at tired defenders. Not sure about Lee out on that side though, will he be getting back to support Souare.

Think I'd rather have seen Arter, Gilbey and Lee as the midfield 3. And given Kirk a chance with a better left back (then Gunter) behind him. 
    Adkins has said Lee pays left but narrow.

Perhaps the thinking is that leaves the outside channel free for Souare to get up the line.
    Lee can link up play.

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Albie not even in the squad! Who'll get the blame today then?
    Don't be silly! It'll be Pearce or Watson at fault 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank god Morgan has been taken out of it. Been floundering for weeks. Will do him good to be taken out the firing line. 
  • Options
    The guy is an idiot......

"I thought Davison was excellent on Tues"

So he dropped him.

Same goes for Blackett-Taylor. And dont tell me HE cant do back to back games, otherwise what have I been watching for the past 40 years when teams only had 1 sub and regularly played midweek & cup replays etc. 
    I don’t think the missing players are being dropped - it’s rotation. That’s why we have 2 players per position. Suspect Morgan and Purrington will be back for Tuesday.
  • Options
    I'm baffled
    Play well get subbed
    Ridiculous!
  • Options
    Sounds off for Tommy's anthem. Play it when we're successful.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Odd that CBT is benched. He was outstanding midweek. 
    Rotation….and a good impact sub.
  • Options
    Spoke to a player last week who is playing today. Told me Famewo has to always play if fit as that is what the deal with Norwich states. It’s great to be ITK
  • Options
    The random team selector in action again. 3 out and out wingers in our squad, and none of them playing

Sadly I'm a bit under the weather, so won't be at the game today. But will see the pre-show, and I'm looking forward to hearing what they think about that team selection
  • Options
    After watching the games against Wycombe and Gillingham, I'm amazed that CBT is not starting and disappointed that Stockley is. All I saw him do at Wycombe was moan at the ref and his own team mates, very much as I saw when Jimmy Floyd H lowered himself to play for us all those years ago. That can't help players already devoid of confidence, and I thought Davison deserved another go. Hope I'm wrong but if this goes tits up this site will be in melt down by 5!
  • Options
    The guy is an idiot......

"I thought Davison was excellent on Tues"

So he dropped him.

Same goes for Blackett-Taylor. And dont tell me HE cant do back to back games, otherwise what have I been watching for the past 40 years when teams only had 1 sub and regularly played midweek & cup replays etc. 
    I don’t think the missing players are being dropped - it’s rotation. That’s why we have 2 players per position. Suspect Morgan and Purrington will be back for Tuesday.
    Don't be sensible.
  • Options
    Curbs looking tanned  ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!