Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Portsmouth | Saturday 25th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    The guy is an idiot......

"I thought Davison was excellent on Tues"

So he dropped him.

Same goes for Blackett-Taylor. And dont tell me HE cant do back to back games, otherwise what have I been watching for the past 40 years when teams only had 1 sub and regularly played midweek & cup replays etc. 
    I don’t think the missing players are being dropped - it’s rotation. That’s why we have 2 players per position. Suspect Morgan and Purrington will be back for Tuesday.
    I dont remember Forest rotating their players when they won the European Cup in 1980. They played 70 matches that season. And on heavy pitches too.....not these carpets you see nowdays 
    Don’t think anyone did rotation in those days. And only one sub back then too.
    Precisely
    And football hasn’t changed a bit in the time since.
  • Options
    Yes football is exactly the same now as it was in 1980.

When drinking and smoking was common place and football was more about bullying the other team than playing fluid football.

The intensity has increased 10 fold on what it was back then.
  • Options
    Adkins did say CBT wasn't expected to finish 90 minutes on Tuesday, so maybe been advised to bench him today. 
  • Options
    No taylor or davison. Nuts. 
  • Options
    The guy is an idiot......

"I thought Davison was excellent on Tues"

So he dropped him.

Same goes for Blackett-Taylor. And dont tell me HE cant do back to back games, otherwise what have I been watching for the past 40 years when teams only had 1 sub and regularly played midweek & cup replays etc. 
    Yet Watson at 36 is able to play 2 a week beggars belief - half decent first half when he had all the space in the world but he is too slow and offers zero protection defensively as the oppo just out pace and drift past his 2 day late lunges - Pearce also deemed fit enough to play 2 a week despite Adkins saying preseason that these 2 would be no more than squad fodder.

This inability to keep a settled side or even a settled formation looks increasingly like Bowyer's team of last year but without the supersub to get us a possible equaliser.
    So the 2 old cloggers can play 2 games in 4 days but a young fit winger cant.

Sometimes I wish I was a journo so I can ask these questions.
  • Options
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Adkins did say CBT wasn't expected to finish 90 minutes on Tuesday, so maybe been advised to bench him today. 
    Will we ever get a team together that can actually manage a full game again...seems not if you listen to Nige and his gang
  • Options
    Gilbey - YAY
    Arter - Hopefully YAY
    Arter and Watson - NAY

Gilbey and Arter coming in fair enough but, the other changes just seem like changes for the sake of it.  Lee plays decent in the 10 and scores, now pushed out wide, Davisson gives some movement and mobility up top, back to Stockley..... cant belive someone thought it´d be a 3-1 win.... 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes football is exactly the same now as it was in 1980.

When drinking and smoking was common place and football was more about bullying the other team than playing fluid football.

The intensity has increased 10 fold on what it was back then.
    And more recently a teenage Lee Bowyer played over 50 games in his only full season for us. I fail to see the intensity in our performances when we simply play it sideways at a snails pace for most of the game and then launch a long ball straight to the oppo defence
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know why there is such a large police presence outside the ground today?
    They have 18 months of missed overtime payments to catch up on.
  • Options
    Anybody having black screen issues trying to watch the stream?
  • Options
    Sadly I have had to return home.
    Gave myself  2.5 hours to reach the Valley.
    After 1.5 hours I was only 8 miles from home.

Gridlock on the roads in Essex is horrendous.
    Junction 28 M25/A 12, nothing moving.
    At this speed I might just make Bolton on Tuesday evening.
  • Options
  • Options
    Really don’t know what Adkins is seeing in Watson. I think Dobson has been much better overall than Watson, particularly vs Wycombe, but has been benched since his best performance of the season. 

Watson was ok fir 45 minutes mid week but ti describe him as outstanding… I just don’t get it. 
  • Options
    Sadly I have had to return home.
    Gave myself  2.5 hours to reach the Valley.
    After 1.5 hours I was only 8 miles from home.

Gridlock on the roads in Essex is horrendous.
    Junction 28 M25/A 12, nothing moving.
    At this speed I might just make Bolton on Tuesday evening.
    Nice poem…
  • Options
    1. 2'

Post update

Corner, Portsmouth. Conceded by Jason Pearce.

• Options
    3' | An early corner for Pompey is cleared The atmosphere at The Valley is quite something, with both sets of supporters trying to out-sing each other
  • Options

4' Cracking atmosphere here at The Valley from the get-go #cafc 0 #pompey 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another shit referee
  • Options
    Another shit Charlton performance
  • Options
    It seems NA fancies Gilbey as an attacking mid.  I would have preferred Gilbey back next to Arter, remove Watson and have either CBT or Kirk in but let’s see
    Gilbey runs off ball from deep to collect beyond the front man, often making those late runs, arrives in the box late and unmarked.

We've lacked that kind of movement so far this season.
  • Options
    0-1
  • Options
    What is the point of Arter? 
  • Options
    Wow.

Just look what happens when you shoot.
  • Options
    0-1
  • Options
    For all the talk of wanting a younger team with more energy, we're now playing Watson and Pearce plus Arter

It seems that CBT and Purrington are rested as a precaution, but CBT has been with us since early August when he came in on trial. Yes it was his first start on Tuesday, but if we started the season with Saturday followed by Tuesday, you wouldn't rest the 10 outfield players
  • Options
    WTF is going on with these camera angles
  • Options

6' Goal Portsmouth. Curtis with the strike from distance. #cafc 0 #pompey 1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!