Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Portsmouth | Saturday 25th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Is today the day we do a Golfie...?
  • Options
    Gonna be 0-3
  • Options
    Just..... well
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    1StevieG said:
    0-1
    Same old same fu*king old shite..
  • Options
    Matthews and Gunter are just as awful as each other
  • Options
    Great finish but Matthews is doing nothing to stop him in that position.
  • Options
    Poxy camera man
  • Options
    These camera angles are dreadful. We are even worse.
  • Options
    Lovely goal that. Shame CharltonTV missed it.
  • Options
    Close? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From one end of the pitch to the other in two passes again and straight into a shooting position. Midfield completely awol. 
  • Options
    The guy is an idiot......

"I thought Davison was excellent on Tues"

So he dropped him.

Same goes for Blackett-Taylor. And dont tell me HE cant do back to back games, otherwise what have I been watching for the past 40 years when teams only had 1 sub and regularly played midweek & cup replays etc. 
    Yet Watson at 36 is able to play 2 a week beggars belief - half decent first half when he had all the space in the world but he is too slow and offers zero protection defensively as the oppo just out pace and drift past his 2 day late lunges - Pearce also deemed fit enough to play 2 a week despite Adkins saying preseason that these 2 would be no more than squad fodder.

This inability to keep a settled side or even a settled formation looks increasingly like Bowyer's team of last year but without the supersub to get us a possible equaliser.
    So the 2 old cloggers can play 2 games in 4 days but a young fit winger cant.

Sometimes I wish I was a journo so I can ask these questions.
    The young, fit, quick winger has hamstrings and other muscles that might be pulled or torn due to his style of play. The two old cloggers play walking football therefore those muscles suffer nothing like the same degree of stress.
  • Options
    I've defended Matthews before but that was shocking. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Ffs simple loose it left wing two passes quickly and a great strike...this from a team who cant score goals.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Matthews and Gunter are just as awful as each other
    Resigning Matthews (and therefore keeping them both on) was probably our biggest mistake of the summer window.
  • Options
    “Good strike”/“Keeper should do better”
    (Delete as appropriate. No idea from that camera angle)
  • Options
    Shockingly bad defending from Matthews
  • Options
    Camera work crap again
  • Options
    We’re feeble 
  • Options
    Not sure who’s doing a worse job:

The recruitment team that thought 36 year old Watson was a player we could rely on all season

or Adkins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 7'

Post update

Foul by Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth).

2. 7'

Post update

Ben Watson (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Options
    Predictable failure to equalise leads to a predictable failure to convert a corner.
  • Options
    1. 8'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Gavin Bazunu.

• Options
    They are up for it we are all overf the place
  • Options
    Thought that was in. Very unlucky, just clips the inside of the keepers foot on the way through his legs. 
  • Options
    8' How has that stayed out?! Leko plays in Elliott who sends a shot/cross across the face of goal, it takes all sorts of deflections but spins away from the goal line. #cafc 0 #pompey 1
  • Options
    Why are they zooming in so much?
  • Options

9' The ball falls to Watson on the edge of the box from the resulting corner, but his volley is off target. #cafc 0 #pompey 1
  • Options
    Fucking defending is atrocious team getting booed already
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Pearce cruyff turning ends predictably. 

Will live long in the memory at least.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!